Georgia 2015

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Georgia 2015

Post by Unome »

azuritemalachite wrote:
rfscoach wrote:Dodgen tomorrow. Be there.
Unome wrote:Dodgen Invitational Results:

The teams were split by competitiveness (like in Illinois) so these results are just for the upper level. In parentheses are (points--4ths/3rds/2nds/1sts) for the team that placed.

1. Piedmont IB (74--1/3/5/10)
2. Fulton Science Academy (84--4/6/4/4)
3. Dodgen (123--3/1/3/3)
4. Bearden (206--0/3/1/1)

I can now conclude that my personal event placings are mostly random :)
Saw a lot of people today. I'm pretty sure I know who some people are... I'm sorry FSA had to be in the room of a crazy motorcycle and cat lady that tells weird stories and drinks Mountain Dew all day.
Who was that?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
azuritemalachite
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Post by azuritemalachite »

Unome wrote:
azuritemalachite wrote:
rfscoach wrote:Dodgen tomorrow. Be there.
Unome wrote:Dodgen Invitational Results:

The teams were split by competitiveness (like in Illinois) so these results are just for the upper level. In parentheses are (points--4ths/3rds/2nds/1sts) for the team that placed.

1. Piedmont IB (74--1/3/5/10)
2. Fulton Science Academy (84--4/6/4/4)
3. Dodgen (123--3/1/3/3)
4. Bearden (206--0/3/1/1)

I can now conclude that my personal event placings are mostly random :)
Saw a lot of people today. I'm pretty sure I know who some people are... I'm sorry FSA had to be in the room of a crazy motorcycle and cat lady that tells weird stories and drinks Mountain Dew all day.
Who was that?
That was Mrs. Markman.
azurite>malachite>chrysocolla
Come to Pangea today all around the globe. Our formal dinners are to die for! All dishes served on tectonic plates.
Don't be Angara that all the jokes are Gondwana.
PM any rock or mineral question! :arrow:
Unome

Post by Unome »

azuritemalachite wrote:
Unome wrote:
azuritemalachite wrote: Saw a lot of people today. I'm pretty sure I know who some people are... I'm sorry FSA had to be in the room of a crazy motorcycle and cat lady that tells weird stories and drinks Mountain Dew all day.
Who was that?
That was Mrs. Markman.
Ah. Strange teachers :roll:
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by rfscoach »

UGA Invitational tomorrow. Be there.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Unome

Post by Unome »

So does anyone have results from UGA? I heard Chattahoochee got first.
Userpage

Unome

Post by Unome »

Results for UGA Invitational (Div C is as competitive as ever)

1. Chattahoochee A (76)
2. Northview A (77)
3. Parkview A (79)
4. Northview B (126)
5. Paideia (135)
6. Clinton (141)
7. East Coweta A (151)
8. Northgate A (152)
9. North Springs A (182)
10. Walton A (207)

No building events were held (6 of them).
Userpage

lmatkovic3
Been thanked: 0

Post by lmatkovic3 »

I've been out of the loop for a while but it seems that the Regional/State Astronomy rules for Georgia no longer allow for the use of laptops. This harms the teams that actually prepare for the event (and nationals) for no good reason. What's going to happen is the teams that had significant information in a digital form will waste paper and money printing this out because whoever is in charge doesn't quite understand how this competition works. Does anyone know who is in charge of this?
Unome

Post by Unome »

lmatkovic3 wrote:I've been out of the loop for a while but it seems that the Regional/State Astronomy rules for Georgia no longer allow for the use of laptops. This harms the teams that actually prepare for the event (and nationals) for no good reason. What's going to happen is the teams that had significant information in a digital form will waste paper and money printing this out because whoever is in charge doesn't quite understand how this competition works. Does anyone know who is in charge of this?
Why they did it would be nice to know (as far as I know, the event doesn't require anything on the part of the proctor to run a laptop), but I'm more concerned with the fact that they did it about two weeks before the first Regional Tournament.
Userpage

azuritemalachite
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by azuritemalachite »

Regionals this weekend for me!
azurite>malachite>chrysocolla
Come to Pangea today all around the globe. Our formal dinners are to die for! All dishes served on tectonic plates.
Don't be Angara that all the jokes are Gondwana.
PM any rock or mineral question! :arrow:
lmatkovic3
Been thanked: 0

Post by lmatkovic3 »

Unome wrote:
lmatkovic3 wrote:I've been out of the loop for a while but it seems that the Regional/State Astronomy rules for Georgia no longer allow for the use of laptops. This harms the teams that actually prepare for the event (and nationals) for no good reason. What's going to happen is the teams that had significant information in a digital form will waste paper and money printing this out because whoever is in charge doesn't quite understand how this competition works. Does anyone know who is in charge of this?
Why they did it would be nice to know (as far as I know, the event doesn't require anything on the part of the proctor to run a laptop), but I'm more concerned with the fact that they did it about two weeks before the first Regional Tournament.
Not only did the regional event supervisor for Astronomy not know about it, but when he was repeatedly asked if he was sure that laptops were allowed, he still said that they were. Granted, it's the same supervisor that has reused 80% of his test every year. Everyone ended up using laptops and when coaches were informed (and later, the state supervisor) the event was thrown out (medals were still given out but the event did not count towards the team scores.)

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”