Georgia 2015

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Georgia 2015

Postby Unome » August 12th, 2015, 4:23 am

My guess is that it's just due to logistics -- the host schools may be running out of available rooms/spaces for events or team homerooms, and literally unable to accommodate more teams (especially if GA, like many other states, runs B and C Regionals simultaneously). And if the tournament's running at full capacity, it'd be better to turn away Team C from a school with four teams than to have to turn away Team A from a school that maybe only has one team.
If they wanted that to happen, they could just allow three teams but cut the C teams in reverse order of registration for additional B & C teams, as some invitationals do now (and GA B is never full, but GA C always is). As far as I know, their are no simultaneously run regionals.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going

Postby Magikarpmaster629 » August 12th, 2015, 5:12 am

My guess is that it's just due to logistics -- the host schools may be running out of available rooms/spaces for events or team homerooms, and literally unable to accommodate more teams (especially if GA, like many other states, runs B and C Regionals simultaneously). And if the tournament's running at full capacity, it'd be better to turn away Team C from a school with four teams than to have to turn away Team A from a school that maybe only has one team.
If they wanted that to happen, they could just allow three teams but cut the C teams in reverse order of registration for additional B & C teams, as some invitationals do now (and GA B is never full, but GA C always is). As far as I know, their* are no simultaneously run regionals.
[coughcough]there*[/coughcough]
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

samlan16
State: TN

Postby samlan16 » August 12th, 2015, 12:11 pm

If they wanted that to happen, they could just allow three teams but cut the C teams in reverse order of registration for additional B & C teams, as some invitationals do now (and GA B is never full, but GA C always is). As far as I know, their are no simultaneously run regionals.
Well, that's our honorable state director for you.
Remember, we are proud of every team that participated and you are all winners.

rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Postby rfscoach » August 12th, 2015, 12:21 pm

B State registration never completely fills up, but many B Regional sites are full every year.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

rfscoach
Coach
Coach

Postby rfscoach » August 12th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Well, that's our honorable state director for you.
I would not blame it on him. He seems to be more of a figurehead these days.

Unome - don't yell at me for the double post.
Last edited by rfscoach on August 12th, 2015, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

samlan16
State: TN

Postby samlan16 » August 12th, 2015, 12:23 pm

It was a joke.
Remember, we are proud of every team that participated and you are all winners.

rfscoach
Coach
Coach

Postby rfscoach » August 12th, 2015, 12:26 pm

It was a joke.
Somethings are still too painful to joke about.....

Jaol
Division: C

Postby Jaol » August 12th, 2015, 12:36 pm

I'll assume it's the one who moved to Florida..... Avocado... right?
Countdown: 66 Days

Unome

Postby Unome » August 12th, 2015, 1:07 pm

What...

The county school system superintendent is completely different from the science olympiad state director.

On an unrelated note, this thread is now the longest in this forum (2 pages of which happened after Nationals)
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

rfscoach
Coach
Coach

Postby rfscoach » August 12th, 2015, 3:43 pm

What...

The county school system superintendent is completely different from the science olympiad state director.

On an unrelated note, this thread is now the longest in this forum (2 pages of which happened after Nationals)
How awesome are we?

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”