New Jersey 2015

fanjiatian
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Re: New Jersey 2015

Post by fanjiatian »

Lol not an excuse
Almost every other State with overall competitiveness similar to or above that of NJ's releases their schedule months in advance. Event cancellations are not really frequent in other States
nxtscholar
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Post by nxtscholar »

Oh, I definitely agree that 3 weeks out, giving only a tentative schedule is rather ridiculous, considering other states like Ohio had them out for a while.

But I suppose my perspective is that the ability to respond to scheduling conflicts is what separates the great teams from the good teams. imho, WWPHS North and South always do well because the people they have are just intrinsically smart and versatile.

Sure, the other top 6 schools like JPS, Monty, Princeton, and EB have their own geniuses, and people who can study hard to catch up, but it's moments like the schedule conflicts that screw everything up. Our best testers all have scheduling issues, so meh
platinumfalcon
Division: C

Post by platinumfalcon »

Bump! Tenafly Middle School will be there.
I'll be doing Crave the Wave and Solar System... did anyone else notice the Solar System Test mix-up at Regionals? The parameters did not match up with the event content at all :? I talked to my coach, who said that the State Supervisors have corrected the test. Let's hope for the best!
nxtscholar

Post by nxtscholar »

With NJ states tomorrow, I want to wish all the teams, Division C and Division B, the best of luck!

A lot can happen in one day; miracles can happen as teams scramble (no pun intended) to finish devices last minute, study in cram sessions, etc. For those of you who are cramming (like me), take solace in knowing you're not the only one xD
noobforce

Post by noobforce »

We need to have a meetup somewhere

I think i am screwed for bridge building because i have like 5 bridges all with different designs and I've only tested one of them...
platinumfalcon

Post by platinumfalcon »

I think we should meet up at the cafeteria; we can meet at the tables area at the end of the lunch hallway.

EDIT: Oh, @goldfalcon and I will be wearing black Tenafly T-shirts, with orange text on the back. If you spot two Tenafly Middle School participants walking together (one Indian, and one Asian), its probably us :lol:
Last edited by platinumfalcon on March 9th, 2015, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nxtscholar

Post by nxtscholar »

Well, if anyone wants to find me, I'll be wearing a JP Stevens hoodie with #kimpossible on the back :P
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

nxtscholar wrote:Well, if anyone wants to find me, I'll be wearing a JP Stevens hoodie with #kimpossible on the back :P
I'll look for you!
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

nxtscholar wrote:With NJ states tomorrow, I want to wish all the teams, Division C and Division B, the best of luck!

A lot can happen in one day; miracles can happen as teams scramble (no pun intended) to finish devices last minute, study in cram sessions, etc. For those of you who are cramming (like me), take solace in knowing you're not the only one xD
Is NJ in the middle of the week, then?
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Unome wrote:
nxtscholar wrote:With NJ states tomorrow, I want to wish all the teams, Division C and Division B, the best of luck!

Is NJ in the middle of the week, then?
Tuesday, March 10, 2015.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”