State Tournament Results

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

State Tournament Results

Post by Unome »

So I was looking through the old forums a while ago, and what particularly stuck in my mind was a topic in which the top three schools from each state tournament were listed, and different people would update it in the replies if they had the information available. So I decided that I might as well start a new one here (unfortunately, I can't find the old topic, so I don't know the format they used). Here are the results from Montana (the only state that has held it's state tournament so far):

Division B
Corvallis Middle School (63)
Clancy Middle School (81)
CR Anderson Middle School (83)

Division C
Fergus High School (67)
Hamilton High School (117)
Helena High School (128)

2015 State Results
Alabama B/C
Alaska B/C
Arizona B/C
Arkansas B/C
California North B/C
California South B/C
Colorado B/C
Connecticut B/C
Delaware B/C
Florida B/C
Georgia B/C
Hawaii B/C
Idaho B/C
Illinois B/C
Indiana B/C
Iowa B/C
Kansas B/C
Kentucky B/C
Louisiana B/C
Maine B/C
Maryland B/C
Massachusetts B/C
Michigan B/C
Minnesota B/C
Mississippi B/C
Missouri B/C
Montana B/C
Nebraska B/C
Nevada B/C
New Hampshire B/C
New Jersey B/C
New Mexico B/C
New York B/C
North Carolina B/C
North Dakota B/C
Ohio B/C
Oklahoma B/C
Oregon B/C
Pennsylvania B/C
Rhode Island B/C
South Carolina B/C
South Dakota B/C
Tennessee B/C
Texas B/C
Utah B/C
Virginia B/C
Washington B/C
West Virginia B/C
Wisconsin B/C
Wyoming B/C
Last edited by Unome on May 21st, 2015, 4:44 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Re: State Tournament Results

Post by syo_astro »

Don't we already kind of have this on the wiki? I'm talking about how on each state wiki the top three teams are added every year (many have a "Past State Champions" section with the top two if not three).
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
azuritemalachite
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Post by azuritemalachite »

syo_astro wrote:Don't we already kind of have this on the wiki? I'm talking about how on each state wiki the top three teams are added every year (many have a "Past State Champions" section with the top two if not three).
I'm pretty sure that's inconvenient and it only shows the teams that are going to Nats and do not have the team scores.
azurite>malachite>chrysocolla
Come to Pangea today all around the globe. Our formal dinners are to die for! All dishes served on tectonic plates.
Don't be Angara that all the jokes are Gondwana.
PM any rock or mineral question! :arrow:
Unome

Post by Unome »

azuritemalachite wrote:
syo_astro wrote:Don't we already kind of have this on the wiki? I'm talking about how on each state wiki the top three teams are added every year (many have a "Past State Champions" section with the top two if not three).
I'm pretty sure that's inconvenient and it only shows the teams that are going to Nats and do not have the team scores.
A justification I can think of is that this makes it a lot easier to compile information to add, but I'm not sure. I can't find the original post, however, so I don't know what justification they used.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
azuritemalachite
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Unome wrote:
azuritemalachite wrote:
A justification I can think of is that this makes it a lot easier to compile information to add, but I'm not sure. I can't find the original post, however, so I don't know what justification they used.
I think they were referring to each state wiki having a list of champs every year. I really think that instead of a forum post, maybe a whole separate wiki page?
Come to Pangea today all around the globe. Our formal dinners are to die for! All dishes served on tectonic plates.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

azuritemalachite wrote: I think they were referring to each state wiki having a list of champs every year. I really think that instead of a forum post, maybe a whole separate wiki page?
I've been working on a page with links to results from all state tournaments. It's been taking a while since it is difficult to find scoresheets on some state sites and some states don't post scores on their websites.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Unome

Post by Unome »

bernard wrote:
azuritemalachite wrote: I think they were referring to each state wiki having a list of champs every year. I really think that instead of a forum post, maybe a whole separate wiki page?
I've been working on a page with links to results from all state tournaments. It's been taking a while since it is difficult to find scoresheets on some state sites and some states don't post scores on their websites.
On that note, Montana may be strange in many respects, but they post their State results on the website, which is nice.
Userpage

bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Unome wrote:
bernard wrote:
On that note, Montana may be strange in many respects, but they post their State results on the website, which is nice.
If I remember correctly, Wyoming doesn't post state results online. :(
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
azuritemalachite
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Unome wrote:
bernard wrote:
Just a few months ago I was hunting for State dates and some sites haven't been updated for almost 2-3 years. It could either mean that some states are just not as committed or the wiki has outdated sites.
Unome

Post by Unome »

azuritemalachite wrote:
Unome wrote:
bernard wrote:[
Just a few months ago I was hunting for State dates and some sites haven't been updated for almost 2-3 years. It could either mean that some states are just not as committed or the wiki has outdated sites.
The wiki does have outdated sites, but less since I attempted to update them. It's probably a combination of the two.
Userpage

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”