State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2015 National Tournament: University of Nebraska

Post by Paleofreakazoid » May 6th, 2015, 11:46 pm

boomvroomshroom wrote:
rfscoach wrote:Homebases are posted.

http://www.scienceolympiad2015.com/Docu ... .30.15.pdf

I hope some of those rooms are big, because all teams from each state share a room this year, rather than two teams from each state as in the past.
I'm actually really happy it's arranged this way (of course, if it ends up way too crowded when we actually get there is a different story).
CA has 2 separate tournaments, so unfortunately we don't get to meet up with our fellow Nationals teams often. Maybe if we had to compete in the same state tournament, our friendly relationship would be different.
Very true! Y'all are bomb diggity :D
Winston Churchill Middle School, class of 2011
Mira Loma High School, class of 2015

InfiniCuber
Division: C
State: IN

Post by InfiniCuber » May 7th, 2015, 9:07 am

Unome wrote:
[aditi] wrote:
John Richardsim wrote:Does anyone know of plans for an ultimate frisbee tournament this year?
Ooh that's gotta be fun! And no, I don't know...Did you come up with it, or someone else?
Someone else a few years ago had that idea. It used to be a big thing back in like 2010.
Usually people make a separate Nationals ultimate frisbee thread to organize! But in the past, the tournament has been fun, especially if it is well organized with lots of participation like during the 2013 tournament!
Scioly isn't a club, or an organization. It is a lifestyle.
~Munster High School Science Olympiad Captain 2016~

aditi
Division: B
State: PA

Post by aditi » May 7th, 2015, 2:32 pm

Unome wrote:
[aditi] wrote:
John Richardsim wrote:Does anyone know of plans for an ultimate frisbee tournament this year?
Ooh that's gotta be fun! And no, I don't know...Did you come up with it, or someone else?
Someone else a few years ago had that idea. It used to be a big thing back in like 2010.
Usually people make a separate Nationals ultimate frisbee thread to organize! But in the past, the tournament has been fun, especially if it is well organized with lots of participation like during the 2013 tournament!

Hahaha, InfiniCuber, we do have a Frisbee thread under Nationals...We also have one for the scioly.org meetup if anyone is interested...
There's actually a whole google survey thing to fill out to make it easy...
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

Code: Select all

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]

samlan16
Division: Grad
State: TN

Post by samlan16 » May 7th, 2015, 7:13 pm

I hope some of those rooms are big, because all teams from each state share a room this year, rather than two teams from each state as in the past.
So they're trying to make 60+ people as well as event bins and builds for four teams fit into one room?
Remember, we are proud of every team that participated and you are all winners.

aditi
State: PA

Post by aditi » May 7th, 2015, 7:42 pm

samlan16 wrote:

So they're trying to make 60+ people as well as event bins and builds for four teams fit into one room?
Haha true that. I, however, think that you don't need 4 separate rooms, maybe 2 for Div B/C. But have that many people in one room is going to be kind of hard.
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

Code: Select all

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]

InfiniCuber
State: IN

Post by InfiniCuber » May 7th, 2015, 9:55 pm

aditi wrote:Hahaha, InfiniCuber, we do have a Frisbee thread under Nationals...We also have one for the scioly.org meetup if anyone is interested...
There's actually a whole google survey thing to fill out to make it easy...
Yeah I realized that AFTER i posted lol. Hope lots of people join!
Scioly isn't a club, or an organization. It is a lifestyle.
~Munster High School Science Olympiad Captain 2016~

asdfqwerzzz2

Post by asdfqwerzzz2 » May 8th, 2015, 5:48 am

On the trial event sign up, why are the event time slots only 30 minutes long? And why are there only 36 slots for each event. Trying to sign one of our teams up for Hydro, but there isn't even a slot open.

someusername
State: NE

Post by someusername » May 8th, 2015, 7:20 am

samlan16 wrote:

I think he meant that each state has their own room (so the big states have 4 teams in a room), which still could go badly in some cases I think.
simplicity is key...sometimes

samlan16
State: TN

Post by samlan16 » May 8th, 2015, 7:22 am

someusername wrote:
samlan16 wrote:

I think he meant that each state has their own room (so the big states have 4 teams in a room), which still could go badly in some cases I think.
Yes, that is what we meant.
Remember, we are proud of every team that participated and you are all winners.

rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach » May 8th, 2015, 10:25 am

aditi wrote:
samlan16 wrote:

Haha true that. I, however, think that you don't need 4 separate rooms, maybe 2 for Div B/C. But have that many people in one room is going to be kind of hard.
Sam - I would assume that states with 4 teams will get large lecture halls, not like the tiny room we had at WSI in 2012.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

Return to “2015 Nationals”