Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SWAPS

Post by SOnerd »

[aditi] wrote: What are petosky stones?
Something that I must have.
[img]http://www.tribal-software.com/images/petoskey16.jpg[/img]
[aditi] wrote: Okay...I read that series but remind me what Trademart is again?
It's that thing that happens in Matty's village when some guy named Trademaster comes and trades with villagers for things like their youth or other nonmaterial traits like that.
Ento is Lyfe. <3 Ento. <3 Bugs. <3 Insects.
I didn't choose the Bug Lyfe, the Bug Lyfe chose me.

Live and die for Teh Insectz.
Ento List Page

"Insects won't inherit the earth- they own it now." -Thomas Eisner, Entomologist

"No one can truly be called an entomologist , sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp". -OW Holmes

2015 National Ento Bronze Medalist
2018 National Herpetology Bronze Medalist
2019 Herpetology National Champion

User Page
Jaol
State: GA

Post by Jaol »

Nvm cows I don't think we'll be bringing coordinated items because we haven't gone to Nationals in a while.
Last edited by Jaol on May 6th, 2015, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aditi
Division: B
State: PA

Post by aditi »

Oh oh SOnerd I remember now....Gosh that was.........It's all coming back... :(
I have no idea what we're bringing....#libertybellsrock(not)
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

Code: Select all

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]
Jaol

Post by Jaol »

Today I found out we're bringing a bunch of random Georgia things including "The Almighty Georgia Lip Balm".
(Lightining strikes and people scream)
I can just imagine at the swap:
FSA person: Hey, can I have that cheese hat?
Wisconsin person: Sure, what do you have?
FSA person: I have "The Almighty Georgia Lip Balm"
(Lightining strikes and people scream)
Wisconsin person:
(Scampers away in no real direction yelling "*Cache me if you can")
FSA person: (Cries in a corner)
Wisconsin person: (Objects by yelling the track area is ovular.)
This is sort of random so don't hate too much please.
* "Cache me if you can" was once a trial event I believe.
SOclhs1

Post by SOclhs1 »

Hey guys!!

I started a division B and C team at the school I work at last year. So this is our first time at nationals. I'm curious what kind of items are popular at the swap meet? We've been told to bring license plates.

Some items that we've collected so far: Arkansas Game & Fish magnet license plates, a few items from the Crater of Diamonds state park (shirts, hats, pencils w/miniature rocks and minerals in it), lapel pins, mini bags of rice, drawstring bags from various state agencies, and vintage buttons from the Clinton Library Foundation (the buttons are from Clinton's campaign). Are these items that would go over well at the swap?
Jaol

Post by Jaol »

SOclhs1 wrote:Hey guys!!

I started a division B and C team at the school I work at last year. So this is our first time at nationals. I'm curious what kind of items are popular at the swap meet? We've been told to bring license plates.

Some items that we've collected so far: Arkansas Game & Fish magnet license plates, a few items from the Crater of Diamonds state park (shirts, hats, pencils w/miniature rocks and minerals in it), lapel pins, mini bags of rice, drawstring bags from various state agencies, and vintage buttons from the Clinton Library Foundation (the buttons are from Clinton's campaign). Are these items that would go over well at the swap?
Congrats on on making the teams and getting to nationals so quickly. I don't know if your items would be popular but I would definitely trade for some of those!
SOclhs1

Post by SOclhs1 »

Jaol wrote:

Congrats on on making the teams and getting to nationals so quickly. I don't know if your items would be popular but I would definitely trade for some of those!

Thank you! I'm proud of both of my teams...they both showed improvement over last year!! Hopefully you will be able to find some of my kids during the swap meet and trade!! (they are the Div. C from Arkansas) :)
Jaol

Post by Jaol »

SOclhs1 wrote:
Jaol wrote:

Thank you! I'm proud of both of my teams...they both showed improvement over last year!! Hopefully you will be able to find some of my kids during the swap meet and trade!! (they are the Div. C from Arkansas) :)
Do they have a team shirt? If they do maybe I can identify some of them. Since they are high schoolers I might be shy though. :roll:. Also are you guys from County Line?
SOclhs1

Post by SOclhs1 »

Congrats on on making the teams and getting to nationals so quickly. I don't know if your items would be popular but I would definitely trade for some of those![/quote]

Thank you! I'm proud of both of my teams...they both showed improvement over last year!! Hopefully you will be able to find some of my kids during the swap meet and trade!! (they are the Div. C from Arkansas) :)[/quote]
Do they have a team shirt? If they do maybe I can identify some of them. Since they are high schoolers I might be shy though. :roll:. Also are you guys from County Line?[/quote]

Yes we are from County Line. We do have a team shirt, but we are wearing them on Saturday. I'm sure they will be wearing either something from County Line or Arkansas.
All of my kids are really nice, so there is no need to be shy. Our school is a 7-12th school with 227 students.
awesome90220
Division: B
State: AL

Post by awesome90220 »

Most of it should be fine, I think you can go to swap meets with just about anything and get cool stuff. Almost anything. I think SciOly kids hate agriculture. Last year someone threw in a pack of black-eyed susan seeds and had no success trading them. Actually, I ended up just losing them. :lol: So watch out for that rice :D
2016 Season: BISOT/Reg/State/Nats
Wind Power:9/1/1/11
Experimental Design:5/1/1/16
It's About Time:-/1/1/20

Return to “2015 Nationals”