Best invitationals to attend

Area to advertise for your competitions!
Techsam
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best invitationals to attend

Post by Techsam »

Rustin Invitational

I know this might be kinda self promoting, but the Rustin Invitational is a great invitational that focuses solely on B division. Its located in West Chester, PA. We had 3 teams who attended that went on to the national competition. Since I got to help run the invitational I would definitely say that it is well run and that the tests are also well written.

Like it has been said before, really all invitationals are great to attend. It gives your team the practice it needs to be prepared for regionals/states/nationals. Its sometimes more of geographic problem when it comes to what invitationals to attend since the cost of travel can outweigh the benefits.
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Just thought I might link tho the invitationals page on the wiki: it lists almost every/possibly every invitational from the previous year, with (very incomplete) results for some of them; this should give you a good idea of the invitationals near your location.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fishman100 »

For anyone located in the Mid-Atlantic, Fairfax HS (VA) hosts an annual Division C invitational. This year was only its second year but teams from NC/MD/PA/DE (I think?) attended. It's a fairly laid back invite and the tests are good indicators of how much you've studied/need to study. In fact, the Dynamic Planet test was the second best DP test I've taken all year (Nats test was better but only because it had a greater emphasis on problem solving). I highly recommend it for anyone in the region!
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15

Return to “2015 Competition Advertising”