Chem Lab C

Eureka314
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chem Lab C

Post by Eureka314 »

Thanks! And will we get points deducted if we don't show all work?
2019 Events: Experimental Design, Wright Stuff, Fossils
_deltaV
State: FL

Post by _deltaV »

Showing all work is usually a good policy because a kind supervisor may give followthrough credit for a problem if you messed up a step or may give you some sort of credit if you looked like you were on the right track.
Boca Raton High School
- Helicopters - Microbe Mission
- Chem Lab - Experimental Design

"Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down." -Adam Savage
arvind_r
State: GA

Post by arvind_r »

In the rules, it states, "Students will...answer questions related to the...effect of greenhouse gases and ozone depletion on our climate." To what extent have the other states' tournaments addressed this area? What are some examples of questions that have been asked in relation to greenhouse gases/ozone (I've only had questions from this topic in one out of the many tournaments I've been to this year, and I would like to have an idea of how I should study this area for my upcoming state tournament.)
Chattahoochee High School Science Olympiad Co-President
2015-16:
Nationals: Game On: 7th place
2016-17:
UGA/MIT/State/Nationals
Astro: 2/14/1/
Chem Lab: 1/-/-/
Game On: 6/-/3/
Hovercraft: -/3/-/
Dynamic Planet: 2/2/2/
Rocks & Minerals: -/14/3/
samlan16
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by samlan16 »

arvind_r wrote:In the rules, it states, "Students will...answer questions related to the...effect of greenhouse gases and ozone depletion on our climate." To what extent have the other states' tournaments addressed this area? What are some examples of questions that have been asked in relation to greenhouse gases/ozone (I've only had questions from this topic in one out of the many tournaments I've been to this year, and I would like to have an idea of how I should study this area for my upcoming state tournament.)
I have only heard of you all being asked to name the greenhouse gases. (You supposedly took the same tests that my team did, so...)
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.
Destiny24
Division: Grad

Post by Destiny24 »

Anybody willing to: come check out the Food Science question marathon to see if you can solve those problems. They should be pretty related to your specialties.

Return to “2016 Lab Events”