Protein Modeling C

Showow
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Protein Modeling C

Post by Showow »

Don't forget the Molecule of the Month articles (if there is one for the specific protein), I know the invitational tests asked about one of the Molecule of the Month articles.
2015-2016 Events Clio/Eastside/Regionals/States
Experimental Design 2/6/5/20
Game On 1/11/1/10
It's About Time 4/11/2/19
Protein Modeling 2/8/1/18
Source Code (Michigan Trial Event) -/-/4/4
Uber
Division: C
State: TX

Post by Uber »

Showow wrote:Don't forget the Molecule of the Month articles (if there is one for the specific protein), I know the invitational tests asked about one of the Molecule of the Month articles.
I've only seen this once on a non-MSOE test. Is the one you're referring to written by MSOE? I really don't want to spend time on those D:
Harvard '22
Liberal Arts and Science Academy '18
Showow
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by Showow »

Uber wrote:
Showow wrote:Don't forget the Molecule of the Month articles (if there is one for the specific protein), I know the invitational tests asked about one of the Molecule of the Month articles.
I've only seen this once on a non-MSOE test. Is the one you're referring to written by MSOE? I really don't want to spend time on those D:
The two invitationals I went had a non-MSOE test and then an MSOE test, both of which mentioned information found in the Molecule of the Month article on G-Proteins. But luckily the regional protein has no mention of a Molecule of the Month article referring to the DOPA Decarboxylase protein. :D
2015-2016 Events Clio/Eastside/Regionals/States
Experimental Design 2/6/5/20
Game On 1/11/1/10
It's About Time 4/11/2/19
Protein Modeling 2/8/1/18
Source Code (Michigan Trial Event) -/-/4/4
Uber
Division: C
State: TX

Post by Uber »

Showow wrote: The two invitationals I went had a non-MSOE test and then an MSOE test, both of which mentioned information found in the Molecule of the Month article on G-Proteins. But luckily the regional protein has no mention of a Molecule of the Month article referring to the DOPA Decarboxylase protein. :D
G-protein and Dopa decarboxylase is officially listed on the MSOE site, both with a much more detailed research paper. The Molecule of the Month is basically a broad summary. Different competition levels have a paper in addition to sepiapterin reductase that should be read. What I was referring to was a random molecule of the month, something about an antibiotic and gram-positive bacteria.
Edit: Actually, it's really surprising it didn't have DOPA Decarboxylase, considering that was the regional protein.
Harvard '22
Liberal Arts and Science Academy '18
chem4life

Post by chem4life »

I'm going to rebuild my protein for the state tournament. One of the problems I had when building my model was the marker kept coming off. I don't know why, as I used common sharpie markers. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this?

Return to “2016 Lab Events”