Anatomy & Physiology B/C

sirishanne
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by sirishanne »

Hi Guys
For 2017 are the topics nervous, endocrine and sense organs ? Will it inlude skin as well . I am helping out so need to know how much is too much for Div B ? I was just thinking a superficial anatomy and physiology would be enough but the question marathon forum has too detailed questions. So will I have to that detailed, please advise . Thanx
Uber
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Uber »

sirishanne wrote:Hi Guys
For 2017 are the topics nervous, endocrine and sense organs ? Will it inlude skin as well . I am helping out so need to know how much is too much for Div B ? I was just thinking a superficial anatomy and physiology would be enough but the question marathon forum has too detailed questions. So will I have to that detailed, please advise . Thanx
I haven't seen any rules on Div B yet, but there will not be skin this year. Enough is probably knowing the Wikipedia introductory paragraph of each page for anatomy, and the whole Wikipedia page for any physiology. If you don't trust wikipedia, try a textbook and supplementing online.
Harvard '22
Liberal Arts and Science Academy '18
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

sirishanne wrote:Hi Guys
To get an idea of what kind of questions there will be, I would suggest that you either look at past tests, or wait until the SSSS tests come out and see what they cover. Note that often the question marathons contain primarily very easy and very difficult questions, with few in between. To answer you question specifically, my guess is that you should probably know about the different types of sensory receptors in the skin, since the people developing the rules are disproportionately teachers and college professors, so they would tend to sue textbooks as a basis, which usually include both general sense (e.g. sensory receptors) and special sense (eyes, ears, etc.) in their sense organs chapters.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “2016 Study Events”