Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by Unome »

Cherrie_Lan wrote:Are we going to be tested on specific nerves this year, much like muscles from last year? For example, the sciatic nerve is located where, and what does it control?
When I did nervous in 2014 we were never tested on specific nerves, but it's probably better to know them anyway (or at least have them typed up).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Cherrie_Lan
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cherrie_Lan »

Okay, thanks!
Ward Melville High School 10th Grade
Fluorine
State: FL

Post by Fluorine »

I met with my partner recently to discuss our studying plans for A&P this year and we ran into a bit of an issue. One of the things we found difficult with the systems this year is that nervous spans a large amount of content so naturally, it makes sense to want to split some of the content we are each going to learn for the event. However, what we realized was that if A&P was run where a simple exam is given with one section for each system where you need to split the work in order to finish how would we go about this. One thing is that if one person only knows half of the nervous system information they would not be able to complete the nervous system part of the test without the other person helping. So my question is what does everyone think is the best way to prepare with your partner for this event? Should we evenly split the content or just both learn everything?
Alumni of FAUHS SO | Logistics Direcotor @ Cornell Scioly
Wind Power, Anatomy, Invasive Species, Materials Science, Optics, Entomology,
 Cell Biology, Fossils, Experimental Design, Protein Modeling
[NerdyTotoro]

Post by [NerdyTotoro] »

Fluorine wrote:I met with my partner recently to discuss our studying plans for A&P this year and we ran into a bit of an issue. One of the things we found difficult with the systems this year is that nervous spans a large amount of content so naturally, it makes sense to want to split some of the content we are each going to learn for the event. However, what we realized was that if A&P was run where a simple exam is given with one section for each system where you need to split the work in order to finish how would we go about this. One thing is that if one person only knows half of the nervous system information they would not be able to complete the nervous system part of the test without the other person helping. So my question is what does everyone think is the best way to prepare with your partner for this event? Should we evenly split the content or just both learn everything?
I think you guys should evenly split the content but then review each other's content to make sure you at least know a good part of the subject (maybe you guys could make a note sheet on your own subject and review the note sheets together).
:idea:
Fluorine
State: FL

Post by Fluorine »

[NerdyTotoro] wrote:
Fluorine wrote:I met with my partner recently to discuss our studying plans for A&P this year and we ran into a bit of an issue. One of the things we found difficult with the systems this year is that nervous spans a large amount of content so naturally, it makes sense to want to split some of the content we are each going to learn for the event. However, what we realized was that if A&P was run where a simple exam is given with one section for each system where you need to split the work in order to finish how would we go about this. One thing is that if one person only knows half of the nervous system information they would not be able to complete the nervous system part of the test without the other person helping. So my question is what does everyone think is the best way to prepare with your partner for this event? Should we evenly split the content or just both learn everything?
I think you guys should evenly split the content but then review each other's content to make sure you at least know a good part of the subject (maybe you guys could make a note sheet on your own subject and review the note sheets together).
Thanks for the response. That is sort of the plan we ended up agreeing on splitting the content and then reviewing the notes we each have together.
Alumni of FAUHS SO | Logistics Direcotor @ Cornell Scioly
Wind Power, Anatomy, Invasive Species, Materials Science, Optics, Entomology,
 Cell Biology, Fossils, Experimental Design, Protein Modeling
Cherrie_Lan

Post by Cherrie_Lan »

Do we need to know about diseases linked to other diseases? For example, would we have to know bronchitis, as it connects to smoking and nicotine addiction? Or is that going a bit too far?
Unome

Post by Unome »

Cherrie_Lan wrote:Do we need to know about diseases linked to other diseases? For example, would we have to know bronchitis, as it connects to smoking and nicotine addiction? Or is that going a bit too far?
Is anything ever too much for A&P ;)

Personally I'd recommend you know it anyway, since it's not uncommon for event supervisors to write tests with disregard to what the systems are.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Cherrie_Lan

Post by Cherrie_Lan »

Ah, okay. Thanks!
rgandhi2002
State: CA

Post by rgandhi2002 »

Okay so I am coaching Anatomy Division b at my old elementary school so the kids are relatively young and the only way to succeed is to identify the most important things because they can't remember too much. Would it make sense to just teach them the regional material for now and then teach them the state stuff after the regional competition if we make it? But my fear is that they won't be adequately prepared... so any suggestions?
always a scioly kid at heart
Unome

Post by Unome »

rgandhi2002 wrote:Okay so I am coaching Anatomy Division b at my old elementary school so the kids are relatively young and the only way to succeed is to identify the most important things because they can't remember too much. Would it make sense to just teach them the regional material for now and then teach them the state stuff after the regional competition if we make it? But my fear is that they won't be adequately prepared... so any suggestions?
Depends on how fast they can learn, how often you meet, how far apart regionals and state are, how motivated they are, etc.
Userpage

Return to “2016 Study Events”