Anatomy & Physiology B/C

KSSOISLIT
Division: C
State: KS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy & Physiology B/C

Post by KSSOISLIT »

Does anyone know how the test at Nationals will be formatted? Stations? Thanks!
Olathe North High School
[b]Past Events:[/b] Anatomy, Bridges, Crime Busters, ELG, Helicopters, Mission Possible, Towers
[b]2019 Events:[/b] Boom, Fermi, Forensics, Protein, Wright Stuff
alexamezaga1
State: FL

Post by alexamezaga1 »

KSSOISLIT wrote:Does anyone know how the test at Nationals will be formatted? Stations? Thanks!
It could be either stations or a test, however the last two years were stationed.
sciolyFTW_aku
State: MO

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

alexamezaga1 wrote:
KSSOISLIT wrote:Does anyone know how the test at Nationals will be formatted? Stations? Thanks!
It could be either stations or a test, however the last two years were stationed.
Well, for Divison B last year, we had a test.
B-)
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

sciolyFTW_aku wrote:
alexamezaga1 wrote:
Judging by the quality of the test, I'm pretty sure they'll have replaced that ES (Div C has a new event supervisor, so you might be getting the previous Div C event supervisors).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
sciolyFTW_aku

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

Unome wrote:
sciolyFTW_aku wrote:
alexamezaga1 wrote: It could be either stations or a test, however the last two years were stationed.
Judging by the quality of the test, I'm pretty sure they'll have replaced that ES (Div C has a new event supervisor, so you might be getting the previous Div C event supervisors).
Are you talking about the Div. B test? If so, I hope that the new supervisor has a test, because I suck at stations :(.
B-)
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

sciolyFTW_aku wrote:
Unome wrote:
sciolyFTW_aku wrote:
Are you talking about the Div. B test? If so, I hope that the new supervisor has a test, because I suck at stations :(.
Yes, I was in Div B last year.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
MathemagicalWasp

Post by MathemagicalWasp »

alexamezaga1 wrote:For skeletal national level, they say spinal fractures, are they just referring to compression fractures? Because I thought that was included in the "fractures" section of regional/state level comp.
Yes many of the vertebral fractures are compression fractures, but be sure to check out the detailed fractures, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_fracture.
I have no idea if the event supervisors will be so detailed as to place very detailed identification questions.
Events - ED, Glider, Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Helicopter
sciolyFTW_aku

Post by sciolyFTW_aku »

MathemagicalWasp wrote:
alexamezaga1 wrote:For skeletal national level, they say spinal fractures, are they just referring to compression fractures? Because I thought that was included in the "fractures" section of regional/state level comp.
Yes many of the vertebral fractures are compression fractures, but be sure to check out the detailed fractures, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinal_fracture.
I have no idea if the event supervisors will be so detailed as to place very detailed identification questions.
If the ES asks a question about Holdsworth fractures, RIP

EDIT: BTW, I mean that it's going to be really hard, and no one (incld. me) will know what it is (I hope :P)
B-)
Sciencegeekgirl

Post by Sciencegeekgirl »

AHHHHH!!!! I'm currently freaking about Nats (First time going).

Anywho, I have a few questions which would be awesome if somebody could answer them.
1. So is it a 50/50 chance on whether it is stations or test? (Division B)
2. For x. in Skeletal System, how in depth do they want us to go? Does it just stop at labeling the bone and knowing the foraminas, or should we know the crests, and every little tiny detail about each skull bone?
3. Follow up question, does anybody have a list of the foraminas that we need to know and what passes through them?
4. Does anybody have any National Level Difficulty Test, my partner and I could take? I want to see how difficult the test is.

Please help! Thanks in advance. ;)
Pupitre
State: RI

Post by Pupitre »

Hey guys! I have a couple questions for those of you from more competitive states that are attending nationals this year. I've been attending for the past few years, but Rhode Island's scene is pretty pathetic so we don't get access to any competitions other than states to know what to expect at the national level.

1. For fractures, is it worth memorizing classification more in-depth than comminuted, greenstick, compression, oblique, etc, and Salter-Harris? Stuff like Boxer's, Pott's, Bennett's, Duverney's fractures. Is that stuff even relevant enough to make it on the notes sheet?
2. Anyone who took last year's Div. C nationals test, how many minutes per station? Any strategies you guys have for test-taking in stations? What about just a pure test that's ridiculously long?
3. The big one here... For anyone who took last year's test (either B or C), do the national event supervisors actually stick to the rules or not? I've heard that there were some pretty specific questions like "name 5 types of Psoriasis" and stuff like that, so I hope they have at least stuck to the rules for topic choice in the past?

Thanks.

Return to “2016 Study Events”