Green Generation B/C

LIPX3
Division: C
Has thanked: 0

Re: Green Generation B/C

Post by LIPX3 »

Sensei_Sushi wrote:
moumantai wrote:
LIPX3 wrote:I'm surprised by how small of a font everyone uses. When everyone else sees my notes (Size 4.5 and 6 depending on part) in Arial Narrow their eyes pop.
OK, storytime. I was also doing Invasive Species for regionals, and while my home printer isn't great and I used the library's printer for everything I could, the night before came around and I decided I needed a few more pages on things. So I printed those out and came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to get another page out. To make it all better, I realized that I had left the Green Gen page at the library. SO, I hand-wrote it. All of it. In a few hours. My partner was sick and sleeping so I didn't want to bother him before the big day, and I don't know if I've ever had such terrible hand cramps as the ones I got from doing that. Font size? More like looking at the study page made other people cringe in pain. disclaimer I learn really well from just writing stuff down, we scored first, I only had to reference notes once
Wow thats pretty hardcore. Props for helping out your partner.
I would have printed them at Office Max or somewhere else.
coprolite_dipstick
Division: B
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Post by coprolite_dipstick »

People who were in this event last year --

Do test writers tend to ask anything on events/disasters that occurred in the past (e.g. Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Fukushima Daiichi, etc)? I've noticed that some of the tests on the test exchange ask questions about, say, the "Door to pigeon," but I've never had anything in an actual competition ask about that sort of thing; in Regionals it was 90% ecological concepts and focused on really simple things like abiotic/biotic components of ecosystems, energy pyramids, etc.

In addition - I haven't had questions on aquatic ecosystems at any competitions this year, but I know (esp at state) the test writers tend to stray away from the topics on the rules sheet and pretty much anything is fair game. I'm finishing up the cheat sheet today, anything that you guys would recommend I put on relating to aquatic ecosystems (besides eutrophication, affect of ocean acidification) - just main concepts that could be tested on.

Also, Div. B - legislation is not supposed to be tested on, correct?
2016: CVMC/CV Invite/Mesa Robles/Reg/State
ExpD: 1/1/1/1/9
Foss: 3/1/8/4/1
Green Gen: 2/1/4/1/7
Met: 2/2/3/8/4
the dipstick is an intricate device used to measure the amount of rain in a rain gauge. it can also be used as a derogatory term for your meteorology partners
LIPX3

Post by LIPX3 »

coprolite_dipstick wrote:People who were in this event last year --

Do test writers tend to ask anything on events/disasters that occurred in the past (e.g. Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Fukushima Daiichi, etc)? I've noticed that some of the tests on the test exchange ask questions about, say, the "Door to pigeon," but I've never had anything in an actual competition ask about that sort of thing; in Regionals it was 90% ecological concepts and focused on really simple things like abiotic/biotic components of ecosystems, energy pyramids, etc.

In addition - I haven't had questions on aquatic ecosystems at any competitions this year, but I know (esp at state) the test writers tend to stray away from the topics on the rules sheet and pretty much anything is fair game. I'm finishing up the cheat sheet today, anything that you guys would recommend I put on relating to aquatic ecosystems (besides eutrophication, affect of ocean acidification) - just main concepts that could be tested on.

Also, Div. B - legislation is not supposed to be tested on, correct?
Some tournaments do, but they are usually pretty basic. Anything about aquatic environments is from last year. You will not be tested on it if they follow the rules. In Division B, they do not ask for stuff about legislation.
SenseiSushi
State: PA

Post by SenseiSushi »

coprolite_dipstick wrote: Do test writers tend to ask anything on events/disasters that occurred in the past (e.g. Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Fukushima Daiichi, etc)?
I have seen numerous questions on environmental events and disasters during my time doing Green Generation. My advice would be studying the most noteworthy events and disasters. The questions dealing with this topic are usually quite basic so there's no need to spend too much time studying it.
coprolite_dipstick wrote: Also, Div. B - legislation is not supposed to be tested on, correct?
In my experience with Green Generation anything and everything is fair game for the test writers and this includes legislation. Although the rules state that it is not part of the event, I have taken tests where they asked questions about legislation. Like environmental events and disasters, a basic knowledge of important pieces of legislation (Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, etc.) should be enough.
Userpage
2014 States: R&M-4th, Sounds of Music-5th
2015 States: Crime Busters-2nd, Green Gen-2nd
2015 Nationals: Green Generation-1st
2015 Swap Meet: Cheese Hat
2016 States: Green Gen-1st, Exp Des-5th, Scrambler-6th
2016 Nationals: Green Generation-1st
taliazee
State: OH

Post by taliazee »

Anyone find an accurate graph for municipal solid waste categories?
Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner »

Does anybody have Green generation cheat sheets div C that I can see? Also, does anybody know where I can find 2016 Green Gen tests so I can practice before state? Thanks in Advance!
heyimhome

Green Generation Division C

Post by heyimhome »

does anybody have green generation cheat sheets or 2016 tests that I can use to practice and study for state? Thanks in advance!
dcrxcode
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: IN

Post by dcrxcode »

Roadrunner wrote:Does anybody have Green generation cheat sheets div C that I can see? Also, does anybody know where I can find 2016 Green Gen tests so I can practice before state? Thanks in Advance!
Try the test exchange: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Test_E ... Generation. The captains tryouts and SSSS tests should be for the right year.
heyimhome

Post by heyimhome »

No, thats only for 2015 and the past. No new tests for 2016.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

These files are from Captains Tryouts 2016.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs

Return to “2016 Study Events”