[chat][/chat]
sciolylover13
Division: B
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Green Generation B/C

Post by sciolylover13 »

How do you guys prepare for this event, other than making a resource sheet and wikipedia?
2015-2016 events:Chattahoochee/Dodgen/Regionals/State/Nats?
Anatomy and Physiology: 4/////
Green Generation: 6/////
Air Trajectory: NA/////
Crime Busters: 2/////
brayden box
State: NY

Post by brayden box »

sciolylover13 wrote, how do you guys prepare for this event, other than making a resource sheet and Wikipedia?
Well, this is my first year doing green generation, but we are doing practice tests and also just reading over our notes over and over. I also print out my notes in 4.5 font at Microsoft Office.
Last edited by brayden box on October 8th, 2015, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBOX
sciolylover13
State: AL

Post by sciolylover13 »

brayden box wrote:
sciolylover13 wrote, how do you guys prepare for this event, other than making a resource sheet and Wikipedia?
Well, this is my first year, but we are doing practice tests and also just reading over our notes over and over. I also print out my notes in 4.5 font at Microsoft Office.
Welcome to SO!! Another tip I would recommend is looking over the powerpoint on Soinc.org and researching the topics on there extensively. That's what I do!! :D
2015-2016 events:Chattahoochee/Dodgen/Regionals/State/Nats?
Anatomy and Physiology: 4/////
Green Generation: 6/////
Air Trajectory: NA/////
Crime Busters: 2/////
brayden box

Post by brayden box »

thanks, that helped a lot. :D
BBOX
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

So, I've been thrown into this event. Does anyone here know how it works? (besides what I can get from the wiki)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by John Richardsim »

Unome wrote:So, I've been thrown into this event. Does anyone here know how it works? (besides what I can get from the wiki)
How it works? As in what is covered?

As far as this year's topics of terrestrial environments and human population growth goes...

For part 1 (the ecology portion): know and understand A) the fundamentals and basics of ecology that is widely applicable to all biomes; B) ecological principles more applicable to terrestrial systems (e.g., soil structure and processes) and other things relevant to terrestrial environments (e.g., short descriptions of terrestrial biomes); and C) how human population growth has functioned from a more basic ecological standpoint.

For part 2 (the ¨how humans have damaged the environment¨ portion): know and understand A) human impacts on the terrestrial systems- which activities degrade these environments, how the activities damage them, and how in turn this damage affects or may affect humanity; and B) how human population growth has affected the biosphere (hmmm, now that I say this, it might also include a few things about how it has affected aquatic systems...).

For part 3 (the solutions portion): know and understand past, current, and potential solutions to reduce or eliminate the impacts of the activities included in part 2.
kaziscioly
Division: C
State: IL

Post by kaziscioly »

Can anyone recommend any good sources for trying to learn all of the basic principles of ecology and environment? I haven't taken AP Enviro or done this event in the past so I'm starting to learn from scratch
GoofyFoofer
State: OH

Post by GoofyFoofer »

kaziscioly wrote:Can anyone recommend any good sources for trying to learn all of the basic principles of ecology and environment? I haven't taken AP Enviro or done this event in the past so I'm starting to learn from scratch
Some good links:
link
link
Soinc has a lot on ecology and general biology.
Smith Middle School
Dayton, OH
MariaK
Division: C

Post by MariaK »

Are there any specific legislation we should keep in mind when they refer to legislation and economic opportunity for solving problems?

Return to “2016 Study Events”