Dynamic Planet B/C

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Dynamic Planet B/C

Post by Unome »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
windu34 wrote:
DarkZephyr wrote:Does anyone know whether Dynamic Planet E/V for 2016-2017 will be one or four notesheets? It seems that the change from one to four notesheets came after E/V was last ran as a topic, but I don't know whether four notesheets is now the universal policy for DP regardless of the topic or whether E/V will be the only topic to remain at one notesheet.
I am assuming it will be four because the information seems to be equivalent or greater than that of oceanography, but the fact that only one sheet was allowed the last time E/V was run makes me apprehensive. I have already started mine and I'm over half way finished with the first draft and It would be tough to be thoroughly prepared with only one sheet granted you could just memorize a lot of it
Back in my day we only got one notesheet for Oceanography, so you might end up getting four for E/V as well. You kids have it so easy. :roll:
Agree, 4 sheets is overkill; I never even finished creating one side of one sheet last year (then again we got 23rd at nationals so idk).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Person
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Person »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
windu34 wrote:
DarkZephyr wrote:Does anyone know whether Dynamic Planet E/V for 2016-2017 will be one or four notesheets? It seems that the change from one to four notesheets came after E/V was last ran as a topic, but I don't know whether four notesheets is now the universal policy for DP regardless of the topic or whether E/V will be the only topic to remain at one notesheet.
I am assuming it will be four because the information seems to be equivalent or greater than that of oceanography, but the fact that only one sheet was allowed the last time E/V was run makes me apprehensive. I have already started mine and I'm over half way finished with the first draft and It would be tough to be thoroughly prepared with only one sheet granted you could just memorize a lot of it
Back in my day we only got one notesheet for Oceanography, so you might end up getting four for E/V as well. You kids have it so easy. :roll:
East is oooooooooooold jk don't ban me Also, In your opinion, was Oceanography or E/V easier?
I am a Person.
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
DarkZephyr
Division: C
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DarkZephyr »

So is Tectonics the same as E/V? I noticed that the old wiki page for E/V was re-titled as Tectonics but it still has all the info from E/V.
Person

Post by Person »

DarkZephyr wrote:So is Tectonics the same as E/V? I noticed that the old wiki page for E/V was re-titled as Tectonics but it still has all the info from E/V.
Yeah, I think people use those names interchangeably.
I am a Person.
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
texas
State: TX

Post by texas »

Oh, the topic for Dynamic Planet 2016-17 is tectonics?
Tompkins HS Science Olympiad
Person

Post by Person »

texas wrote:Oh, the topic for Dynamic Planet 2016-17 is tectonics?
That's what's next in the cycle.
I am a Person.
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
texas

Post by texas »

so tectonics is the same as E/V
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: MI

Post by John Richardsim »

texas wrote:so tectonics is the same as E/V
Yeah, most likely.
texas

Post by texas »

Person wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
windu34 wrote: I am assuming it will be four because the information seems to be equivalent or greater than that of oceanography, but the fact that only one sheet was allowed the last time E/V was run makes me apprehensive. I have already started mine and I'm over half way finished with the first draft and It would be tough to be thoroughly prepared with only one sheet granted you could just memorize a lot of it
East is oooooooooooold jk don't ban me Also, In your opinion, was Oceanography or E/V easier?
I did dynamic planet/oceanography this year; it was really easy and I did pretty well. I think it's because I crammed a lot of info into the 4 sheets we got for notes (by the way, the font Calibri [bold] in font size 8 on google docs worked best for me).
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

texas wrote:
Person wrote:
EastStroudsburg13 wrote: Back in my day we only got one notesheet for Oceanography, so you might end up getting four for E/V as well. You kids have it so easy. :roll:
I did dynamic planet/oceanography this year; it was really easy and I did pretty well. I think it's because I crammed a lot of info into the 4 sheets we got for notes (by the way, the font Calibri [bold] in font size 8 on google docs worked best for me).
Font size 4 fan here! I use regular Calibri on powerpoint because I found it to be the most readable at small font sizes. Plus condensing from the get-go allows me to only fill up one or two sheets, which is easier to look through when we need to find stuff quickly.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Return to “2016 Study Events”