Meteorology B

cemsc10
Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by cemsc10 »

Fanglin wrote:Just wondering? Has anybody else experienced a meteorology test in stations? If so, how was it like, and how much harder/easier is it than a regular test? We just had one at state, and there were many little stations with 2-4 problems at each. This made it nearly impossible to split up, making the time limit really hard to meet. To test makers often do stations tests for pure study events?
I have never seen a station test for any of my study events. It's too complicated, and I feel like stations should be exclusive for certain events.
An disease detective who happens to experiment with meteorology when she is sick of testing her scrambler.
Fanglin
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Fanglin »

cemsc10 wrote:
Fanglin wrote:Just wondering? Has anybody else experienced a meteorology test in stations? If so, how was it like, and how much harder/easier is it than a regular test? We just had one at state, and there were many little stations with 2-4 problems at each. This made it nearly impossible to split up, making the time limit really hard to meet. To test makers often do stations tests for pure study events?
I have never seen a station test for any of my study events. It's too complicated, and I feel like stations should be exclusive for certain events.
That's what I was thinking, and the rules don't say anything about stations, like some event rules say.
Problems are better pursued with General Electric GE90-115 engines.

2016 Nats:
Road Scholar:4th 8-)
Bottle Rockets: 9th
Meteorology: 11th
Gliders: 21st

(other events: Green Gen, Crime Busters, Helicopters, Hovercraft, Air trajectory)

Former Cheesehead
Terbin73
State: GA

Post by Terbin73 »

Fanglin wrote:
cemsc10 wrote:
That's what I was thinking, and the rules don't say anything about stations, like some event rules say.
I agree. I have only participated in a Meteorology station test once, and it was horrible.
cemsc10
State: OH

Post by cemsc10 »

Terbin73 wrote:
Fanglin wrote:
cemsc10 wrote:
I agree. I have only participated in a Meteorology station test once, and it was horrible.
How many stations?
An disease detective who happens to experiment with meteorology when she is sick of testing her scrambler.
Terbin73

Post by Terbin73 »

cemsc10 wrote:
Terbin73 wrote:
Fanglin wrote: That's what I was thinking, and the rules don't say anything about stations, like some event rules say.
How many stations?
I can't quite remember. Maybe like 12 or something.
DankMcIntosh
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by DankMcIntosh »

They won't have us calculate relative humidity right? Because that needs a calculator. Has anyone seen a basic rh calculation question at states (or past nationals)? :?:
ID - States/Nationals 2017
Meteo -/-
Invasives -/-
Fast Facts -/-
Mission Possible
2016 Events ID - States/Nats 2016
Meteorology 4/42
WIDI 1/-
Mission Possible 12/44
Road Scholar -/51
St. Joseph's Catholic School 2013-16
Fanglin
Division: C
State: CA

Post by Fanglin »

Terbin73 wrote:
cemsc10 wrote:
Terbin73 wrote: I agree. I have only participated in a Meteorology station test once, and it was horrible.
How many stations?
for us it was 20 stations.
Problems are better pursued with General Electric GE90-115 engines.

2016 Nats:
Road Scholar:4th 8-)
Bottle Rockets: 9th
Meteorology: 11th
Gliders: 21st

(other events: Green Gen, Crime Busters, Helicopters, Hovercraft, Air trajectory)

Former Cheesehead
Terbin73

Post by Terbin73 »

Fanglin wrote:
Terbin73 wrote:
cemsc10 wrote:
How many stations?
for us it was 20 stations.
Hmmmm... Interesting.

Return to “2016 Study Events”