Meteorology B

User avatar
bhavjain
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: February 20th, 2015, 7:30 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by bhavjain » April 17th, 2016, 4:24 pm

What formulas should we know for Meteorology? Seems mostly theory and extrapolation from charts/graphs as far as I can tell...not encountered any formulas yet!
2017 Science Olympiad - (Invites TBD/Reg/State/Nats) - Division C

Anatomy: (-/-/-/-)
Astronomy: (-/-/-/-)
Disease Detectives: (-/-/-/-)
Ecology: (-/-/-/-)
Microbe Mission: (-/-/-/-)
Remote Sensing: (-/-/-/-)
Rocks & Minerals: (-/-/-/-)
Towers: (-/-/-/-)

cemsc10
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: March 5th, 2016, 4:16 pm
Division: B
State: OH
Location: Studying Disease Detectives
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by cemsc10 » April 18th, 2016, 11:34 am

bhavjain wrote:What formulas should we know for Meteorology? Seems mostly theory and extrapolation from charts/graphs as far as I can tell...not encountered any formulas yet!
My state test had a bunch, but that was far ack so I don't remember them, sorry!
An disease detective who happens to experiment with meteorology when she is sick of testing her scrambler.

User avatar
bhavjain
Member
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: February 20th, 2015, 7:30 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by bhavjain » April 18th, 2016, 12:02 pm

Like do you know the names or even what the use of the formula was for?
2017 Science Olympiad - (Invites TBD/Reg/State/Nats) - Division C

Anatomy: (-/-/-/-)
Astronomy: (-/-/-/-)
Disease Detectives: (-/-/-/-)
Ecology: (-/-/-/-)
Microbe Mission: (-/-/-/-)
Remote Sensing: (-/-/-/-)
Rocks & Minerals: (-/-/-/-)
Towers: (-/-/-/-)

cemsc10
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: March 5th, 2016, 4:16 pm
Division: B
State: OH
Location: Studying Disease Detectives
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by cemsc10 » April 20th, 2016, 3:19 pm

bhavjain wrote:Like do you know the names or even what the use of the formula was for?
I can't remember much, but there was degree days which I knew, converting F to C, and some more, but mostly looking at and analyzing charts and info.
An disease detective who happens to experiment with meteorology when she is sick of testing her scrambler.

User avatar
Fanglin
Member
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: November 22nd, 2015, 12:36 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Offline Probably
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Fanglin » April 27th, 2016, 5:52 am

Just wondering? Has anybody else experienced a meteorology test in stations? If so, how was it like, and how much harder/easier is it than a regular test? We just had one at state, and there were many little stations with 2-4 problems at each. This made it nearly impossible to split up, making the time limit really hard to meet. To test makers often do stations tests for pure study events?
Problems are better pursued with General Electric GE90-115 engines.

2016 Nats:
Road Scholar:4th 8-)
Bottle Rockets: 9th
Meteorology: 11th
Gliders: 21st

(other events: Green Gen, Crime Busters, Helicopters, Hovercraft, Air trajectory)

Former Cheesehead

cemsc10
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: March 5th, 2016, 4:16 pm
Division: B
State: OH
Location: Studying Disease Detectives
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by cemsc10 » April 28th, 2016, 6:21 pm

Fanglin wrote:Just wondering? Has anybody else experienced a meteorology test in stations? If so, how was it like, and how much harder/easier is it than a regular test? We just had one at state, and there were many little stations with 2-4 problems at each. This made it nearly impossible to split up, making the time limit really hard to meet. To test makers often do stations tests for pure study events?
I have never seen a station test for any of my study events. It's too complicated, and I feel like stations should be exclusive for certain events.
An disease detective who happens to experiment with meteorology when she is sick of testing her scrambler.

User avatar
Fanglin
Member
Member
Posts: 116
Joined: November 22nd, 2015, 12:36 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Offline Probably
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Fanglin » April 29th, 2016, 5:16 pm

cemsc10 wrote:
Fanglin wrote:Just wondering? Has anybody else experienced a meteorology test in stations? If so, how was it like, and how much harder/easier is it than a regular test? We just had one at state, and there were many little stations with 2-4 problems at each. This made it nearly impossible to split up, making the time limit really hard to meet. To test makers often do stations tests for pure study events?
I have never seen a station test for any of my study events. It's too complicated, and I feel like stations should be exclusive for certain events.
That's what I was thinking, and the rules don't say anything about stations, like some event rules say.
Problems are better pursued with General Electric GE90-115 engines.

2016 Nats:
Road Scholar:4th 8-)
Bottle Rockets: 9th
Meteorology: 11th
Gliders: 21st

(other events: Green Gen, Crime Busters, Helicopters, Hovercraft, Air trajectory)

Former Cheesehead

Terbin73
Member
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: December 1st, 2015, 4:39 pm
Division: B
State: GA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Terbin73 » May 1st, 2016, 11:30 am

Fanglin wrote:
cemsc10 wrote:
Fanglin wrote:Just wondering? Has anybody else experienced a meteorology test in stations? If so, how was it like, and how much harder/easier is it than a regular test? We just had one at state, and there were many little stations with 2-4 problems at each. This made it nearly impossible to split up, making the time limit really hard to meet. To test makers often do stations tests for pure study events?
I have never seen a station test for any of my study events. It's too complicated, and I feel like stations should be exclusive for certain events.
That's what I was thinking, and the rules don't say anything about stations, like some event rules say.
I agree. I have only participated in a Meteorology station test once, and it was horrible.

cemsc10
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: March 5th, 2016, 4:16 pm
Division: B
State: OH
Location: Studying Disease Detectives
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by cemsc10 » May 1st, 2016, 6:15 pm

Terbin73 wrote:
Fanglin wrote:
cemsc10 wrote:
I have never seen a station test for any of my study events. It's too complicated, and I feel like stations should be exclusive for certain events.
That's what I was thinking, and the rules don't say anything about stations, like some event rules say.
I agree. I have only participated in a Meteorology station test once, and it was horrible.
How many stations?
An disease detective who happens to experiment with meteorology when she is sick of testing her scrambler.

Terbin73
Member
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: December 1st, 2015, 4:39 pm
Division: B
State: GA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Terbin73 » May 2nd, 2016, 2:31 pm

cemsc10 wrote:
Terbin73 wrote:
Fanglin wrote: That's what I was thinking, and the rules don't say anything about stations, like some event rules say.
I agree. I have only participated in a Meteorology station test once, and it was horrible.
How many stations?
I can't quite remember. Maybe like 12 or something.

Locked

Return to “2016 Study Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest