Your Daily Random Comment

A forum for those Word Games that plague the earth
User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 pm
Division: C
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Unome » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Random Human wrote:YES IM THE 300,000 POSTER !!!
:D

Wow I didn't notice we were at 300,000 already. I joined ~60,000 posts ago.
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School

2018 Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Astronomy, Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, Materials Science, Microbe Mission, Remote Sensing

User avatar
John Richardsim
WikiMod
WikiMod
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:54 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: Water-Winter Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby John Richardsim » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 pm

I decided to look up the old Michigan SO site.

Image
Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 pm
Division: C
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Unome » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:43 pm

John Richardsim wrote:I decided to look up the old Michigan SO site.

Image

Aww, I wanted some circular saws!
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School

2018 Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Astronomy, Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, Materials Science, Microbe Mission, Remote Sensing

maxxxxx
Member
Member
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:11 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby maxxxxx » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 pm

John Richardsim wrote:I decided to look up the old Michigan SO site.

Image

MIT reax only
Lower Merion Class Of 2017

Froggie
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 pm
Division: B
State: PA
Location: See above.
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Froggie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:18 am

Yay! My first post! :D
I have no idea how to use this site.
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

User avatar
John Richardsim
WikiMod
WikiMod
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:54 pm
Division: C
State: MI
Location: Water-Winter Wonderland
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby John Richardsim » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:43 am

Froggie wrote:Yay! My first post! :D
I have no idea how to use this site.

Heh, yeah, I sorta remember that feeling. Give it a few months and you'll start to feel like you know what you're doing.
Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice

Froggie
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 pm
Division: B
State: PA
Location: See above.
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Froggie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:35 pm

How do I do the quote thing?
Still very confused...
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 pm
Division: C
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Unome » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:40 pm

Froggie wrote:How do I do the quote thing?
Still very confused...

At the top right of each post, there'll be a button that has a quote symbol in it. Pressing this button will go to the thread reply page, and include the post as a quote (as shown above with me quoting your post).

You can also quote manually using the quote tags:

Code: Select all

[quote="Username goes here"]Quoted text goes here[/quote]

or, to quote with no user:

Code: Select all

[quote]Quoted text goes here[/quote]

A quote always appears as "<user> wrote:" so you can manipulate this to say, for example "In June 2017 Froggie wrote:" can be done with:

Code: Select all

[quote="In June 2017 Froggie"]Quoted text goes here[/quote]
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School

2018 Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Astronomy, Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, Materials Science, Microbe Mission, Remote Sensing

Froggie
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 pm
Division: B
State: PA
Location: See above.
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Froggie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Unome wrote:
Froggie wrote:How do I do the quote thing?
Still very confused...

At the top right of each post, there'll be a button that has a quote symbol in it. Pressing this button will go to the thread reply page, and include the post as a quote (as shown above with me quoting your post).

You can also quote manually using the quote tags:

Code: Select all

[quote="Username goes here"]Quoted text goes here[/quote]

or, to quote with no user:

Code: Select all

[quote]Quoted text goes here[/quote]

A quote always appears as "<user> wrote:" so you can manipulate this to say, for example "In June 2017 Froggie wrote:" can be done with:

Code: Select all

[quote="In June 2017 Froggie"]Quoted text goes here[/quote]


Thank you so much!
Now let's see if this worked...

It did! Thanks!
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Magikarpmaster629 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:29 pm

If a man has no sauce, then he is lost.

And yet, the same man may be lost within the sauce.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)
UMass Amherst (2017-2021)

"After many years, perhaps someone may search our names in a page of the history book."

Fibonacci924
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:27 pm
Division: C
State: MN
Location: In the Castle by the lake, determining which book I should read in to next.
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Fibonacci924 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:57 pm

JOHN GREEN IS RELEASING A NEW BOOK!!! PREPARE TO BE AMAZED, FELLOW NERDFIGHTERS! :D :D :) :)
"Truth is like poetry. And most people *butterfly* hate poetry."- Overheard in a Washington DC bar.

Always remember: P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.

Two time member of the Eternal Order of the Assassinators

User avatar
NeBH
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:29 pm
Division: C
State: ID
Location: Spending time in this relative dimension in space.
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby NeBH » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:06 am

When's the right time to change my division "marker"?(I'm moving up to Div. C next year)
Right after my last B season? Just before I sign up for C?
What do you guys do?
Me, to the 2017 Nat. Scrambler ES:
About my launcher:

"It reminds me of the Millenium Falcon; it's a big pain in the rear, but it kind of works!"

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2351
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 pm
Division: C
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Unome » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:58 pm

NeBH wrote:When's the right time to change my division "marker"?(I'm moving up to Div. C next year)
Right after my last B season? Just before I sign up for C?
What do you guys do?

Whenever you start working :) (or, at the latest, when site rollover happens in early September)
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School

2018 Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Astronomy, Disease Detectives, Dynamic Planet, Herpetology, Materials Science, Microbe Mission, Remote Sensing

Fibonacci924
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:27 pm
Division: C
State: MN
Location: In the Castle by the lake, determining which book I should read in to next.
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Fibonacci924 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Unome wrote:
NeBH wrote:When's the right time to change my division "marker"?(I'm moving up to Div. C next year)
Right after my last B season? Just before I sign up for C?
What do you guys do?

Whenever you start working :) (or, at the latest, when site rollover happens in early September)

I changed it the last day of 8th grade... :|
"Truth is like poetry. And most people *butterfly* hate poetry."- Overheard in a Washington DC bar.

Always remember: P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.

Two time member of the Eternal Order of the Assassinators

Froggie
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 pm
Division: B
State: PA
Location: See above.
Contact:

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Postby Froggie » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:45 pm

Fibonacci924 wrote:
Unome wrote:
NeBH wrote:When's the right time to change my division "marker"?(I'm moving up to Div. C next year)
Right after my last B season? Just before I sign up for C?
What do you guys do?

Whenever you start working :) (or, at the latest, when site rollover happens in early September)

I changed it the last day of 8th grade... :|


I'm still going into 7th grade! I still have a long way to go... :D
"A lot of people have quotes in their signature. Maybe I should have a quote in my signature. "
- Froggie


Return to “Posting Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests