SciOly Assassination 113: Friday the 13th

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

SciOly Assassination 113: Friday the 13th

Post by Assassinator »

Greetings, fellow SciOlyians. For the 113th game of Assassination, accordingly so, all the deaths in this game will be on Friday the 13th (theoretically, not literally). And many poor souls here are about to meet their unlucky, untimely ends. How they will meet their ends will remain a mystery to you, but they will be gruesome ones. Your own luck may or may not be in your favor, but those whose luck is about take a wrong turn are dependent on some brave souls to help save them from the doom they are about to face.

The rules are as follows: (changes will be in italics)
1. The officers will be the next five people who post in the forum expressing their interest. Put in a bit of thought before posting. If you have not been around for a while, it is less likely that you will be able to identify me.
2. There will be no "informants", but civilians may post.
3. People will die. However, there are some exceptions. I will not kill administrators or moderators. In return, I ask that they not reveal my identity.
4. Officers may protect one person per clue.
5. Once an officer has run out of accusations to use, he may not accuse or protect anyone, and the next aspiring officer who can post a correct answer to the clue can be permitted take the vacant spot.
6. I will provide clues which plainly point to my next victim, and occasionally to myself.
7. I may or may not continue to post with my true account, and may provide hints there.
8. When accusing someone of being Assassinator you must use the following template "I accuse (place name here) because (give reason here)." If you don't use this template when accusing the accusation won't count. In addition to being used for accusations, this format MUST also be used for protections or those will not count, even if the protection is cast on the correct user.
9. Once "killed," a user may not post about the identity of the assassinator. Absolutely no ghosts at all, or I might consider killing you twice.
10. Non officers may post.
11. Each clue will last 48 hours unless explicitly said otherwise, after which I will make my kill.
12. If I do not reply in 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation. However, that accusation must be made next time the user posts and cannot be stored as an extra one to use later.
13. Each officer begins with one accusation. You will earn an accusation with each correct protection.
14. I win after 15 incorrect accusations have been made, but the number needed to win goes down by one with each kill, or I win if I kill all the officers before you figure out who I am. The officers win if you correctly identify me before this happens.
15. You may only accuse OR protect per round. You will not be allowed to do both on the same round. So think carefully.
16. If I see it fit, I might decide to add rules during the game.

EDIT: The clarification and addition to Rule #5 expressed in one of my posts on 6/20/16:

Officer spots that become vacant by me killing current officers during the game may also be replaced by an aspiring officer, also at the price of correctly solving a clue.

But accordingly for this rule change, I will limit the amount of times that officers can be switched, replaced, or replenished - call it whatever you want - during the game. I will only allow officer changes to occur 3 times for this entire game, and they will not be official unless confirmed by me in a post. Any changes in officers can count against your allotted 3 times - you do not get 3 times per type of change (i.e. 3 changes for guessing out, 3 changes for being killed by me, 3 changes for quitting, etc).
Last edited by Assassinator on June 19th, 2017, 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mogus
Fibonacci924
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Assassination 113: Friday the 13th

Post by Fibonacci924 »

This will be a fun one! Btw, not interested in being an officer. I will still help with kill clues, however.
"Truth is like poetry. And most people *butterfly* hate poetry."- Overheard in a Washington DC bar.

Always remember: P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.

Two time member of the Eternal Order of the Assassinators
Jaol
State: GA

Post by Jaol »

I'll be.
NeilMehta
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by NeilMehta »

I'm in
fun fact: the next Friday the 13th is in October
Last edited by NeilMehta on June 18th, 2017, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
i can't feel my arms wtf i think i'm turning into a lamp

voted least likely to sleep 2018, most likely to sleep in class 2017+2018, biggest procrastinator 2018
NeBH
State: ID

Post by NeBH »

Alright, I'll be an officer again.
Also, I think this narrows it down somewhat.

EDIT:
Assassinations:
110: Rumble in Rio: EastStroudsburg13 (Sassy)or Fluffy Crustacean (Correct Officer)
94: The Lost Planet: Littleboy (Sassy)or iwonder (Correct Officer)
Other posts:
iwonder
foreverphysics
Kokonilly
zyzzyva980
AlphaTauri
Last edited by NeBH on June 18th, 2017, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cherrie_Lan
State: NY

Post by Cherrie_Lan »

I'm in!
Ward Melville High School 10th Grade
texas
State: TX

Post by texas »

I'm in.
Tompkins HS Science Olympiad
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Alright. The officers for this game are:

Jaol
NeilMehta
NeBH
Cherrie_Lan
texas

The first clue will be given later tonight. Brace yourselves.
mogus
NeBH
State: ID

Post by NeBH »

Assassinator wrote:Alright. The officers for this game are:

Jaol
NeilMehta
NeBH
Cherrie_Lan
texas

The first clue will be given later tonight. Brace yourselves.
Wright Stuff I.D. clue? (Brace position)
EDIT: Or Towers.
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

I hope you're ready.

My first target deems himself a member of a very old, in fact, medieval secret society based upon brotherhood and philanthropy. He likes his personal space, but he does make an exception for his beautiful wife, who has striking, fiery eyes that leave him utterly helpless.

You have 48 hours.
mogus

Return to “Assassinator Games”