Think Different the Fourth: I'm Back

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Think Different the Fourth: I'm Back

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Welcome back to Think Different! For past threads, see here, here, and here.

Here are the rules:
1. You have 10 questions that you try to get the correct answer to.
2. The catch is that the goal is to get the fewest number of points. The way you earn points is for each correct answer you answer, you will earn the number of points equal to the number of people who guessed that answer. So for instance if an answer you give to Question 1 is Thomas Jefferson and 3 other people guessed that answer, you would earn 3 points for that question. If you get the answer wrong, you earn the number of points equal to the number of participants plus 5 points. So choose wisely!
3. There are two bonuses you could use to replace an answer: DROP and SHEEP. DROP means you earn 0 points for that question. SHEEP means you earn the number of points equal to the answer that the most people answered. So for instance, if the correct answers were 5, 2, 3, and 4, and 7 people guessed 5, 6 people guessed 2, 3 people guessed 3, and 2 people guessed 4, then the people who said SHEEP would earn 7 points for the answer. You get only 1 of each bonus if you so choose to use them.
4. PM me your responses by Wednesday, January 31st 8:00 PM EDT. Any answers PMed after that point will not be considered.
5. Make sure not to cheat please. I know that's pretty obvious. But if I catch you, your answers will be disqualified immediately and you will be unable to participate ever again. (Everyone else will compensate for their answers by losing some points accordingly. You're welcome :) )
6. New Rule: Users can change their answers before the due date arrives, but after the due date, answers may not be changed.
Last edited by Tailsfan101 on January 28th, 2018, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Re: Think Different the Fourth: I'm Back

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Here are the questions:

1. Name a landlocked African country.
2. Name the capital of an Oceanian country. For help on what I consider Oceania, use this map. Any capital on the map I will accept.
3. Name a BBCode. Use the list below your post's "subject" for reference.
4. Name a user who participated in Think Different the First.
5. Name an Admin Emeritus.
6. Name a Staff Emeritus. Don't confuse this with Admin Emeritus.
7. Name a Division B event from 2017 that isn't around for 2018.
8. Name a European country NOT in the EU.
9. Name a type of sandwich.
10. Name an MLB team in the American League.

Good luck to all!

Users participating: (7)
dxu46
pb5754[]
Fanglin
Anomaly
Nerd_Bunny
knottingpurple
whythelongface

EDIT: Added clarifications. Remember, you can change your answer if need be.
Last edited by Tailsfan101 on February 1st, 2018, 7:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Ten days left to submit your guesses!

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Exactly one week remains to submit (or edit) your guesses!

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Only three days left to submit answers!

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

This is shaping up to be a very boring Think Different game, I will greatly appreciate any other answers submitted!

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Today is the last day to submit your answers!

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

We're now past the due date! Thanks to everyone who submitted!

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

It's answer time!

Question 1: Name a landlocked African country.

Correct answers:

Malawi (1)
pb5754[]

Zambia (1)
dxu46

Mali (1)
Fanglin

Swaziland (1)
Anomaly

Chad (1)
Nerd_Bunny

Burundi (1)
knottingpurple

Incorrect answers:

Sudan (1)
whythelongface (It borders the Red Sea, which through the Bab Al-Mandab Strait reaches the Gulf of Aden, which is part of the Arabian Sea, which is part of the Indian Ocean.)

Correct answers not used:
Zimbabwe
Botswana
Lesotho
Rwanda
Uganda
South Sudan
Ethiopia
Central African Republic
Burkina Faso
Niger

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Question 2: Name the capital of an Oceanian country.

Correct answers:

DROP (1)
knottingpurple

Port Vila (1)
pb5754[]

Apia (1)
Nerd_Bunny

Suva (2)
Fanglin
Anomaly

Incorrect answers:

Jakarta (1)
dxu46 (Indonesia is considered part of Asia.)

Avalua (1)
whythelongface (Not exactly sure what you were trying to say here...)

Correct answers not used:
Honiara
Port Moresby
Wellington
Canberra
Nuku'alofa
Funafuti
Palikir
Ngerulmud
Majuro
South Tarawa

I have no regrets.

Return to “Posting Games”