Event Puns!

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Event Puns!

Post by TheChiScientist »

BOOMilever: Same rules as boomilever but if the boom doesn't hold all the weight then there will be a big explosion. :twisted:

Explosive Design: Teams must design the most powerful explosive given the materials provided. Points are awarded on the energy of the explosion. Bomb suits are provided. At nationals, nuclear material will be provided. :twisted:
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO

Post by dxu46 »

Write It, Do it, Die - Same as regular WIDI.
vehicleguy

Post by vehicleguy »

Ping Pog Parachute

SED: Pog so hard
AHHS '22 Vanderbilt '26
2022 Events: Chem Lab, Envi Chem, It's About Time, Orni, PPP, Wright Stuff
2022 States: 3rd Envi Chem, 3rd Orni, 4th Wright Stuff
Userpage- https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Vehicleguy
RiverWalker88
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NM

Post by RiverWalker88 »

Meowierology - At the beginning of the competition block, each team will be given a cat. Using means that do not harm the cat, teams will try to get their cat to meow the most.
Demote Sensing - One of a group of 4 (regional), 5 (state), or 7 (national) event supervisors is not fit to be an event supervisor and needs to be demoted. Using observations made in the 50-minute period, teams must write a report describing which one is to be demoted, why, and why the other ones should stay Event Supervisors.
Chemistry Coup - (Originating from "Chemistry Clue") This event must be carried out in a chemistry lab. Teams will have 50 minutes to plot and stage a coup against a team official. Event supervisors may also participate, but should attempt to stage a coup against the director.
Flossils - Teams will clean and preserve fossilized teeth. If time travel has been invented, teams will travel back in time and clean dinosaurs' teeth.
Coat Busters - Teams will be presented with a LOT of coats. They must critique each one in the category of practicality, fashion, fashion, fashion, fashion and fashion.
Prime Busters - Teams will recite as many prime numbers as they can in order. The count terminates when they recite one incorrect, even if the mistake is fixed.
Last Facts - Teams will each recite a fact. If the event supervisor knows it, the team receives no points, but if the event supervisor did not know it, the team gains one point. When a team recites an incorrect fact, they are out. The last team standing will get first, no matter what. If the 50 minutes elapses and no team has won yet, then score will be used to determine first.
Toad Scholar - Teams will demonstrate an understanding of toads. References to Dolores Umbridge will earn a team bonus points.
Force Code - Teams will be given a piece of software that does not work, and they will attempt to make it work by a show of force. Teams will receive points based on the forcefulness of their actions. Teams successfully fixing the code by force will be awarded a 10% bonus.
Write it Cat it - One team member will write a procedure to complete a task of the event supervisor's choosing. The other team member will use those instructions to attempt to complete the task (they will not know what it is) while acting like a cat. Bonus points will be awarded based on amusement of the event supervisor.

EDIT:
Rocks and Dinner Rolls - Participants will be given rolls of varying degrees of staleness, as well as several rocks. Participants must identify the rocks, and then rank the dinner rolls by staleness. Participants are permitted to taste samples, but nobody except the participant is responsible for any broken teeth.
Last edited by RiverWalker88 on February 12th, 2021, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author RiverWalker88 for the post:
gz839918 (February 14th, 2021, 10:55 pm)
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology '26, Physics
Fyren
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Fyren »

RiverWalker88 wrote: February 12th, 2021, 9:39 pm Coat Busters - Teams will be presented with a LOT of coats. They must critique each one in the category of practicality, fashion, fashion, fashion, fashion and fashion.
Are you trying to describe me picking out coats from my closet?
No seriously, I just bought a coat a week ago and I think I have eight coats/jackets now... at least I wear all of them so it's not completely useless.
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
DragonTownEpic
State: CA

Post by DragonTownEpic »

PPP: Pee Pee Pee

Teams must analyze three samples of urine and infer as much as possible from them. 1 point will be awarded for each correct inference and 2 points will be awarded for each thorough explanation. Ties will be broken with a contest of who can say "Pee" the most times in 5 minutes.
I CAN DAB AT COMPETITIONS AGAIN :x :x :x
Pebble
Division: B
State: MD

Post by Pebble »

Dig structures: Teams are required to excavate structures ranging from 4*4*4 meters to 100*100*100 meters with as little damage as possible
ok
Pebble
State: MD

Post by Pebble »

Storm the castle: you must build a castle capable of withstanding several types of simulated extreme weather
ok
DragonTownEpic
State: CA

Post by DragonTownEpic »

Mission Pasta Bowl: Teams must construct a device capable of robbing my Italian neighbor and stealing as many of his pasta bowls as possible. Devices must be constructed solely of pasta (cooked and uncooked are legal). Points are awarded for kilograms of pasta bowls stolen and speed of theft.
I CAN DAB AT COMPETITIONS AGAIN :x :x :x
Oly4Life
State: KS
Been thanked: 0

Post by Oly4Life »

Fast Acts:

SED: Students will be given 15 minutes to write an original playwright in Old English, then perform it in front of the supervisors. Bonus points will be given bonus points based on what the event supervisor says at least 2 days before the tournament.
Oly4Life

I am on a mission to do every SciOly event. 8-)

PRMS Class of 2024
BVW Class of 2028

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
- Neil Degrasse Tyson

Return to “Posting Games”