The Pie Race

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
thegroundsloth
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: The Pie Race

Post by thegroundsloth »

pies are round, does that mean that the units of the circumference of a pie is pi squared? we know the equation describing the period of a pendulum is equal to 2pisqrt(L/g), If you solve for length you notice that it is equal to = Tg/pi^2. ..... coincidence I THINK NOT. it is clear from this derivation that the circumference ( and radius for that matter) of your pie affects how fast you pendulum will swing (assume that this pendulum is your its abt time build and that the length of your string is constant) . SO the larger your pie the bigger the period, meaning if you ever want to win the pie race, you must make you pie small. In fact, if you want to guarantee that you win the pie race you should make the area of your pie infinitely small. So lim A-->0 A= pi r^2 in addition the radius of the unicycle you are riding should also be infinitely small- because why not. How is this physically possible you ask ? this is a question the forums have failed to answer since 2008, and still stumbles pie-ologists today and is reminiscent of a twisted and evil related rates problem. Now if one simply substitutes r=pie, then you result with pi^3, so dA/d(I have no clue anymore)=3pi^2. the pie will reach a minimum area when the derivative=0 and the second derivative is positive, solve for those two and you might just be the one to fully understand the pie race, and wear the laurels-or should I say pie- of knowledge atop your head. Please disregard that this explanation makes no sense, as it was mentioned beforehand that no one understands the pie race. ( I am so sorry gz, and yes, everyone can throw pies at me for writing this)

As you can see studying for aps is going very well 8-)
Last edited by thegroundsloth on May 28th, 2021, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author thegroundsloth for the post (total 4):
RasmitDevkota (May 28th, 2021, 8:01 pm) • twoplustwoisten (May 28th, 2021, 8:01 pm) • aakoala (May 30th, 2021, 9:34 am) • sneepity (June 28th, 2021, 7:03 am)
__
(_ . \
. \ . \ ^ ^ .
. . \ . . . . . . \ __
.... |_|- - - -|_| . __>
sneepity
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sneepity »

thegroundsloth wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:00 pm pies are round, does that mean that the units of the circumference of a pie is pi squared? we know the equation describing the period of a pendulum is equal to 2pisqrt(L/g), If you solve for length you notice that it is equal to = Tg/pi^2. ..... coincidence I THINK NOT. it is clear from this derivation that the circumference ( and radius for that matter) of your pie affects how fast you pendulum will swing (assume that this pendulum is your its abt time build and that the length of your string is constant) . SO the larger your pie the bigger the period, meaning if you ever want to win the pie race, you must make you pie small. In fact, if you want to guarantee that you win the pie race you should make the area of your pie infinitely small. So lim A-->0 A= pi r^2 in addition the radius of the unicycle you are riding should also be infinitely small- because why not. How is this physically possible you ask ? this is a question the forums have failed to answer since 2008, and still stumbles pie-ologists today and is reminiscent of a twisted and evil related rates problem. Now if one simply substitutes r=pie, then you result with pi^3, so dA/d(I have no clue anymore)=3pi^2. the pie will reach a minimum area when the derivative=0 and the second derivative is positive, solve for those two and you might just be the one to fully understand the pie race, and wear the laurels-or should I say pie- of knowledge atop your head. Please disregard that this explanation makes no sense, as it was mentioned beforehand that no one understands the pie race. ( I am so sorry gz, and yes, everyone can throw pies at me for writing this)

if the pie is infinitely small, no one can see it and it will no longer be funny on your head 😢 also you can't even eat the pie and pie is meant to be eaten!!
B)
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

thegroundsloth wrote: May 28th, 2021, 8:00 pm pies are round, does that mean that the units of the circumference of a pie is pi squared? we know the equation describing the period of a pendulum is equal to 2pisqrt(L/g), If you solve for length you notice that it is equal to = Tg/pi^2. ..... coincidence I THINK NOT. it is clear from this derivation that the circumference ( and radius for that matter) of your pie affects how fast you pendulum will swing (assume that this pendulum is your its abt time build and that the length of your string is constant) . SO the larger your pie the bigger the period, meaning if you ever want to win the pie race, you must make you pie small. In fact, if you want to guarantee that you win the pie race you should make the area of your pie infinitely small. So lim A-->0 A= pi r^2 in addition the radius of the unicycle you are riding should also be infinitely small- because why not. How is this physically possible you ask ? this is a question the forums have failed to answer since 2008, and still stumbles pie-ologists today and is reminiscent of a twisted and evil related rates problem. Now if one simply substitutes r=pie, then you result with pi^3, so dA/d(I have no clue anymore)=3pi^2. the pie will reach a minimum area when the derivative=0 and the second derivative is positive, solve for those two and you might just be the one to fully understand the pie race, and wear the laurels-or should I say pie- of knowledge atop your head. Please disregard that this explanation makes no sense, as it was mentioned beforehand that no one understands the pie race. ( I am so sorry gz, and yes, everyone can throw pies at me for writing this)

Ahhh yes my friend but you must use extemely complicated calculus, as the pies are not perfectly round from the beautiful tastiness of the rippled edge of the sugary sweetness of the tasty crust. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.

Return to “Posting Games”