VS Battle #1: Rich Guys who are also Superheroes/Villains!

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

VS Battle #1: Rich Guys who are also Superheroes/Villains!

Post by MadCow2357 »

Welcome everyone, to the Late Show first ever Scioly.org VS Battle. I'm your host, MadCow2357 [applause]. Today, we have 4 rich and powerful contestants: 2 from Marvel, and 2 from DC.

Coming from the darkest parts of Gotham City after a tough night of fighting crime, we have Bruce Wayne, also known as the Batman!

Hailing from the technological marvel of a country known as Wakanda, we have King T'Challa, the Black Panther!

Making his grand entrance from Avengers Tower, we have Tony Stark, the Iron Man!

I've yet to decide on a battle format, so far suggestions include a poll or a hurt and heal type of game. Not sure if those will cut it, I'm open to suggestions! Also, if you believe I should add other characters to this particular battle, please tell me and we'll figure something out.

The "battle"/"game" has not yet started, so for now you may use this thread for discussion. I'll start the real game/battle very soon! :)
Last edited by MadCow2357 on December 9th, 2018, 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
JoeyC
Division: Grad
State: TX

Re: VS Battle #1: Rich Guys who are also Superheroes/Villains!

Post by JoeyC »

-Batman has no powers
-Black Panther has no powers
-Iron Man has no powers
-Lex Luthor has no powers
But.....
-Iron Man was the OG and still is the best super suit wearer (unless FroZone is here), so by that logic
Iron Man wins.
megrimlockawesom
State: NC
Has thanked: 0

Post by megrimlockawesom »

Iron Man stomps all of them no contest.
Ok this is epic 8-)
Events 2018: Battery Buggy (3rd at Nats), Rollercoaster (18th at Nats), Ping Pong (1st at states)
Events 2019: Codebusters, Ping Pong Parachute (2nd at Regionals OVERALL), Thermodynamics
Events 2020: Sounds of Music, Designer Genes, Ping Pong Parachute
Things2do
State: TN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Things2do »

MadCow2357 wrote:Welcome everyone, to the Late Show first ever Scioly.org VS Battle. I'm your host, MadCow2357 [applause]. Today, we have 4 rich and powerful contestants: 2 from Marvel, and 2 from DC.

Coming from the darkest parts of Gotham City after a tough night of fighting crime, we have Bruce Wayne, also known as the Batman!

Hailing from the technological marvel of a country known as Wakanda, we have King T'Challa, the Black Panther!

Making his grand entrance from Avengers Tower, we have Tony Stark, the Iron Man!

And coming from the city of Metropolis, we have the CEO of LexCorp, Lex Luthor, aka as Lex Luthor!

Here are some conditions (which I will add to later):
1. No allies, just the heroes/villains themselves
2. The contestants are allowed any technology they have been known to have developed, within reason of course.
3. It's a fight to the death.

I've yet to decide on a battle format, so far suggestions include a poll or a hurt and heal type of game. Not sure if those will cut it, I'm open to suggestions! Also, if you believe I should add other characters to this particular battle, please tell me and we'll figure something out.

The "battle"/"game" has not yet started, so for now you may use this thread for discussion. I'll start the real game/battle very soon! :)
A.K.A. includes the "as"... Besides, Batman would win because of all the over exaggerated fighting and the words that pop outta thin air...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
TheChiScientist
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

JoeyC wrote:-Batman has no powers
-Iron Man has no powers
But.....
-Iron Man was the OG and still is the best super suit wearer (unless FroZone is here), so by that logic
Iron Man wins.
megrimlockawesom wrote:Iron Man stomps all of them no contest.
Pffft. As if. :roll: (Iron Man is the weakling here.)
Exhibit A: Good luck getting past Black Panther's army+ Vibranium Suit. (Plus international politics would stop him right in his tracks)
Exhibit B: Lex Luthor could outsmart Tony in any battle.
Exhibit C: Batman has a knack for finding weaknesses. Good Luck beating him.
Exhibit D: Iron Man is powerless if you disable his suit. Black Panther, Batman, and Lex Luthor aren't.
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

Things2do wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:Welcome everyone, to the Late Show first ever Scioly.org VS Battle. I'm your host, MadCow2357 [applause]. Today, we have 4 rich and powerful contestants: 2 from Marvel, and 2 from DC.

And coming from the city of Metropolis, we have the CEO of LexCorp, Lex Luthor, aka as Lex Luthor!

Here are some conditions (which I will add to later):
1. No allies, just the heroes/villains themselves
2. The contestants are allowed any technology they have been known to have developed, within reason of course.
3. It's a fight to the death.

A.K.A. includes the "as"... Besides, Batman would win because of all the over exaggerated fighting and the words that pop outta thin air...
My bad, I'll change it.... :D
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
megrimlockawesom
State: NC
Has thanked: 0

Post by megrimlockawesom »

TheChiScientist wrote:
JoeyC wrote:-Batman has no powers
-Iron Man has no powers
But.....
Iron Man wins.
megrimlockawesom wrote:Iron Man stomps all of them no contest.
Pffft. As if. :roll: (Iron Man is the weakling here.)
Exhibit A: Good luck getting past Black Panther's army+ Vibranium Suit. (Plus international politics would stop him right in his tracks)
Exhibit B: Lex Luthor could outsmart Tony in any battle.
Exhibit C: Batman has a knack for finding weaknesses. Good Luck beating him.
Exhibit D: Iron Man is powerless if you disable his suit. Black Panther, Batman, and Lex Luthor aren't.
Exhibit A: I am assuming this is a 1v1. Also Tony can find a way through vibranium .
Exhibit B: Have you seen the death battle between Lex Luthor and Iron Man? Also I am fairly certain that Tony is much smarter than Luthor
Exhibit C: If batman gets prep, so does Tony. Iron Man could easily patch any weakness in his armor.
Exhibit D: May I present to you the Superior Iron Man suit, which ends the argument right here.
Ok this is epic 8-)
Events 2018: Battery Buggy (3rd at Nats), Rollercoaster (18th at Nats), Ping Pong (1st at states)
Events 2019: Codebusters, Ping Pong Parachute (2nd at Regionals OVERALL), Thermodynamics
Events 2020: Sounds of Music, Designer Genes, Ping Pong Parachute
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, put your hands together for the first round in this VS Battle Royale, between Tony Stark (Iron Man), King T'Challa (the Black Panther), and Bruce Wayne (the Batman)! This round will be a heavily modified version of a Hurt and Heal.

1. Each champion starts with 5 hp.
2. Forum members may begin posting in order to boost their champion (no hurting until the champion reaches 25 hp).
3. You are given two mana every turn.
4. Mana can be spent to do four different things: boost/heal (add hp), attack (take away hp of another champion), bide ("saves" your mana to use next turn), or use special moves (more on this below).
5. Boosting/healing (targets one champion) - Add 1 hp for 1 mana, or add 3 hp for 2 mana.
6. Attacking (targets one champion) - Take away 1 hp per mana spent
7. Bide (targets one champion) - "Save" your given mana this turn, and use them next turn instead. You get one extra mana next turn. Any other person supporting your champion may use those mana.
8. Special Attack #1 (targets one champion) - Spend 10 mana to deal 15 damage to another champion. This attack can only target one opponent, and no other actions can be taken this turn.
9. Special Attack #2 - Spend 10 mana in order to deal 5 damage to every other champion still alive. No other actions can be taken this turn.
10. Your champion gains mana to spend next turn by killing another champion. However many mana the champion would have to spend during its next turn are transferred to your champion (a one time event).
11. A champion dies when he reaches 0 hp.
12. No double posting.
13. You cannot switch champions until your current champion has been killed.
14. I have the power to change, remove, and add rules at my discretion. I will promise to be unbiased, and not try to influence the game for one team or another.

I don't think I missed anything, but PM me if you see an error or have an idea for this game mode. Like before, I'm open to suggestions. Start by declaring your champion. The first person to declare a champion becomes the captain of that team. He/she will have 2 days to make up one extra special move, and get it approved by me. Once approved, I will post the created special move in this thread.

But for now, let the battle begin!!!

Iron Man / Tony Stark - 5

Batman / Bruce Wayne - 5

Black Panther / King T'Challa - 5
Last edited by MadCow2357 on December 9th, 2018, 7:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
TheChiScientist
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

I DECLARE BATMAN AS MY CHAMPION! :)
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by MadCow2357 »

TheChiScientist wrote:I DECLARE BATMAN AS MY CHAMPION! :)
Congrats Chi, you are captain for Team Batman! Make sure to get an extra special move approved by me within the next two days...

FYI, you may start boosting your champions...
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23

Return to “Posting Games”