Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
User avatar
JoeyC
Member
Member
Posts: 263
Joined: November 7th, 2017, 1:43 pm
Division: C
State: TX

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by JoeyC » April 20th, 2019, 9:21 am

1.) What in the world is a dial keypad
2.) Should mods be allowed to participate in clue solving?
Ohayo!
Dynamic Planet, Protein Modeling, Fast Facts, Thermodynamics
Dynamic Planet, Machines, Ornith
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Scientia Potentia Est

Here
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: February 20th, 2019, 6:38 am
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by Here » April 20th, 2019, 9:31 am

I feel like the specificity of the orange credit card is important
maybe if our lead on the numbers being a hex code for brown is correct, orange and brown could be pointing to something?
Kellenberg Memorial HS
2020 events: Anatomy, Designer Genes, Experimental Design, Ornithology

User avatar
lindsmaurer
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: May 16th, 2018, 11:57 am
Division: C
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by lindsmaurer » April 20th, 2019, 9:35 am

Here wrote:I feel like the specificity of the orange credit card is important
maybe if our lead on the numbers being a hex code for brown is correct, orange and brown could be pointing to something?
Lots of people have orange a brown profile pictures... but MadCow has an orange-splotched cow for a pfp and just mentioned living close to Brown University?
Solon HS/DMAH

Sassy #137
Rocks, Road, MystArch, Dynamic, Herp
Circuits (1, 1, 2), Road (1, 1, 13),  MystArch (2, 1, 17), Herp, Buggy
Circuits (3, 2, 7), Detector (7, 4, 2, 7), Code (9, 4, 2, 4), Sounds (2), Gravity (7)

TheCrazyChemist
Member
Member
Posts: 150
Joined: March 17th, 2019, 9:12 am

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by TheCrazyChemist » April 20th, 2019, 9:43 am

Does anybody see anything in the phone number 885-737-8857? That's what I got when I put it into a phone number.

Here
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: February 20th, 2019, 6:38 am
Division: C
State: NY

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by Here » April 20th, 2019, 9:47 am

lindsmaurer wrote: Lots of people have orange a brown profile pictures... but MadCow has an orange-splotched cow for a pfp and just mentioned living close to Brown University?
Well, since I have no other current leads
I’ll protect MadCow2357 for the above reasons, and because his username ends in 4 digits which could be the missing credit card digits
Kellenberg Memorial HS
2020 events: Anatomy, Designer Genes, Experimental Design, Ornithology

User avatar
TheMysteriousMapMan
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: December 5th, 2018, 12:45 pm
Division: C
State: MI

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by TheMysteriousMapMan » April 20th, 2019, 10:15 am

OK. I will second Here's protection of MadCow.
JoeyC wrote:1.) What in the world is a dial keypad
2.) Should mods be allowed to participate in clue solving?
A dial keypad is the grid of numbers on a phone-the number could be some sort of shape on a phone keypad.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.


User avatar
lindsmaurer
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: May 16th, 2018, 11:57 am
Division: C
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by lindsmaurer » April 20th, 2019, 10:43 am

TheMysteriousMapMan wrote:OK. I will second Here's protection of MadCow.
JoeyC wrote:1.) What in the world is a dial keypad
2.) Should mods be allowed to participate in clue solving?
A dial keypad is the grid of numbers on a phone-the number could be some sort of shape on a phone keypad.
Maybe it spells something on a phone?
Solon HS/DMAH

Sassy #137
Rocks, Road, MystArch, Dynamic, Herp
Circuits (1, 1, 2), Road (1, 1, 13),  MystArch (2, 1, 17), Herp, Buggy
Circuits (3, 2, 7), Detector (7, 4, 2, 7), Code (9, 4, 2, 4), Sounds (2), Gravity (7)

Arpitr20
Member
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 8:06 am

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by Arpitr20 » April 20th, 2019, 10:44 am

Wait guys. A phones dial keypad has letters associated with each number

2 ABC
3 def
4 ghi
5 jkl
6 mno
7 pqrs
8 tuv
9 wxyz

The dudes name is likely 885737 when encoded with a keypad, will try to decode it but thought I would post this first so others can think as well, esp since I dont know the names of ppl on these forums yet.
Arpitr20 placings (WA)
2019 (regional/state)
Astronomy: 5/
Chem Lab: 1/1
Dynamic Planet: 2/2
GeoLogic Mapping: 5/5
Circuit Lab: 3/4
Code Busters: -/

User avatar
lindsmaurer
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: May 16th, 2018, 11:57 am
Division: C
State: OH
Location: Solon, OH

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by lindsmaurer » April 20th, 2019, 10:46 am

Arpitr20 wrote:Wait guys. A phones dial keypad has letters associated with each number

2 ABC
3 def
4 ghi
5 jkl
6 mno
7 pqrs
8 tuv
9 wxyz

The dudes name is likely 885737 when encoded with a keypad, will try to decode it but thought I would post this first so others can think as well, esp since I dont know the names of ppl on these forums yet.
Yeah that's what I was thinking...
Solon HS/DMAH

Sassy #137
Rocks, Road, MystArch, Dynamic, Herp
Circuits (1, 1, 2), Road (1, 1, 13),  MystArch (2, 1, 17), Herp, Buggy
Circuits (3, 2, 7), Detector (7, 4, 2, 7), Code (9, 4, 2, 4), Sounds (2), Gravity (7)

User avatar
pikachu4919
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 693
Joined: December 7th, 2012, 2:30 pm
Division: Grad
State: IN
Location: West [Favorite Fightin' Frenchman!]

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by pikachu4919 » April 20th, 2019, 10:50 am

JoeyC wrote: 2.) Should mods be allowed to participate in clue solving?
Mods have magic powers that allow them to identify who the sassy is by other means without any knowledge of communications between exchanging hands of the Assassinator account. So no matter what, we are able to know who they are
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics


Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

pikachu4919's Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

Rate my tests!

Post Reply

Return to “Posting Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AwesomeSauceis1 and 4 guests