Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

pikachu4919
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by pikachu4919 »

Crimesolver wrote:
pikachu4919 wrote:Credit cards have 16 digits. Only 12 were discernible according to the clue.
if the pattern continues, then he must have been shining the light at 8857
If the sassy wanted to continue the pattern, they would tell you what the last four digits were.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
Here
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by Here »

well, if the Demogorgon is pointing to Stranger Things, I recall Pika mentioning it
other than that, I don’t have any leads on who the sassy is targeting, unless we figure out the meaning of the numbers
johns hopkins '25
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by LittleMissNyan »

TheCrazyChemist wrote:
...It seems we have been reading into the clues a bit too much, and they are simpler than we thought. Unfortunate, though hopefully they'll be deeper now. Plugging 885737 into the URL at the top (directs you to a post) doesn't yield anything, and plugging in 5737 leads me to the 5,000 Post Thread, a now defunct Posting Game. The post is simply "406", written by a haven chuck, who appears to have been last active in 2011. I am probably going too far already, but could it be a connection with the number? Is 885737885737 maybe a cipher? (It's not a direct letter --> number cipher, at least according to dCode) Anyone know what a demogorgon is? Could that be part of the clue?
At any rate, ID could be "y'all" --> from the South; rewiring lights --> Circuit Lab? (Possibly a failure at Circuit Lab?)
The area code 737 gives Austin, Texas. One, I'm a complete fail at circuit lab and I recently (kinda) posted about it in some forum (I forget). Two, I recently kinda made fun of Anomaly on the Pennsylvania forum about using y'all, so there's that. Also Anomaly does codebusters, so maybe that relates to the hardness of clues hint. I dunno anything anymore. Also, if anybody wants to protect me because I've been annoying to the Assassinator and I'm terrible at circuit, that's fine. You know. That's all I've got on this (I'm clearly terrible.) Also, note how the pattern 885737 repeats 2 times.
EDIT: Insomnia Cookies is actually a thing. They are based in New York and Philadelphia, with their HQ in NYC. Most are in NYC. There's even one in New Haven, CT(for reference, that's where Yale is), and even I didn't know about this store. Maybe the Assassinator lives in the Northeast or close the Philadelphia/Hoboken, since Insomnia Cookies has a shop there. Also, I don't know any middle schoolers who have credit cards, so Div. C?
I protect TheCrazyChemist because of the bolded reasons
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
Tailsfan101
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

LittleMissNyan wrote:
TheCrazyChemist wrote:
...It seems we have been reading into the clues a bit too much, and they are simpler than we thought. Unfortunate, though hopefully they'll be deeper now. Plugging 885737 into the URL at the top (directs you to a post) doesn't yield anything, and plugging in 5737 leads me to the 5,000 Post Thread, a now defunct Posting Game. The post is simply "406", written by a haven chuck, who appears to have been last active in 2011. I am probably going too far already, but could it be a connection with the number? Is 885737885737 maybe a cipher? (It's not a direct letter --> number cipher, at least according to dCode) Anyone know what a demogorgon is? Could that be part of the clue?
At any rate, ID could be "y'all" --> from the South; rewiring lights --> Circuit Lab? (Possibly a failure at Circuit Lab?)
The area code 737 gives Austin, Texas. One, I'm a complete fail at circuit lab and I recently (kinda) posted about it in some forum (I forget). Two, I recently kinda made fun of Anomaly on the Pennsylvania forum about using y'all, so there's that. Also Anomaly does codebusters, so maybe that relates to the hardness of clues hint. I dunno anything anymore. Also, if anybody wants to protect me because I've been annoying to the Assassinator and I'm terrible at circuit, that's fine. You know. That's all I've got on this (I'm clearly terrible.) Also, note how the pattern 885737 repeats 2 times.
EDIT: Insomnia Cookies is actually a thing. They are based in New York and Philadelphia, with their HQ in NYC. Most are in NYC. There's even one in New Haven, CT(for reference, that's where Yale is), and even I didn't know about this store. Maybe the Assassinator lives in the Northeast or close the Philadelphia/Hoboken, since Insomnia Cookies has a shop there. Also, I don't know any middle schoolers who have credit cards, so Div. C?
I protect TheCrazyChemist because of the bolded reasons
Since I have no other leads, I second LittleMissNyan's protection.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Things2do
State: TN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Things2do »

The Stranger "Things," "Two" minutes away, aforementioned y'all, and Circuit Lab all make me think of me... Although maybe it's just my brain's way of saying I need more sleep, and I'm gonna get it one way or another...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
TheCrazyChemist
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

I'm thinking that 885737 is a Vignere cipher, but I can't figure out it. I tried to brute force attack it and nothing came up that made sense. I think the key might be a word in the story.
JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

I don't think those you guys have the right leads.....
TheCrazyChemist
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

JoeyC wrote:I don't think those you guys have the right leads.....
We probably don't. Even the sassy is disappointed with us. But it would be nice if some people helped and tried.
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

TheCrazyChemist wrote:
JoeyC wrote:I don't think those you guys have the right leads.....
We probably don't. Even the sassy is disappointed with us. But it would be nice if some people helped and tried.
Well I don't know how to solve the clue but I live very close to Brown University, which was mentioned previously, so I could be protected if there are no other leads.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
pikachu4919
State: IN

Post by pikachu4919 »

What about "the dial keypad"?
Assassinator wrote:... I accidentally click the dial keypad as I instead try to record the first bunch of numbers before shining my phone light on the last four...
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!

Return to “Assassinator Games”