Re: Scioly Assassination 137: Checkmate

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

Just protect SOnerd anyways.
jaggie34
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by jaggie34 »

Mick could also refer to someone or mousetrap (Micky Mouse)
Boca Raton High School -> Georgia Tech
It's About Time writer/co-writer: Golden Gate, Georgia States
Ping Pong Parachute co-ES: MIT
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion!
and Circuit Lab too I guess
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

I was thinking that Mick kinda sounded like Mich, or Michigan. Just a thought though.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
TheChiScientist
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist »

I protect SO Nerd for the reasons previously stated. I will protect myself for the second protection because I wanna live. (I'll change it later if we get a better lead)
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
lindsmaurer
Division: C
State: OH

Post by lindsmaurer »

I’ll self-protect as well with my first protect
Solon HS Captain
DMAH
Sassy #137
1-3 placements: 58
Medals + ribbons: 109

Fossils: X/2/3
Code: 2/1/10
Sounds: 1/2/11
Detector: 1/2/X
Circuits: 8/X/X
Gravity: 7/X/X
GLM: X\X\X
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

From this point on, protects have to have a clue-based reason.
mogus
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN

Post by CPScienceDude »

Mick ---> Mick Jagger

Jagger sounds like jaggie?
Quite a stretch, but if we don't have any other leads...
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
Arpitr20
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Arpitr20 »

Assassinator wrote:You captured my pawn. Good job, otherwise you would’ve lost yours. MadCow2357 is safe… for now.

There’s a piece in danger for you after the move I made. Two pieces, actually. For this clue, officers each have two protects. If you only protect one person, I will kill the other. If you protect neither, then I’ll kill whichever one I feel like killing.

Innate skill isn’t eNough, Atention skills are imporTant, or yOu will not win this match. woRk Together, you’ll need to, or else you will lOse.

There’s a lot of butterflies flying around in here… I think my friend Mick might be able to get rid of them.
I strongly feel that besides the clues with Mick and capitalization, there is actually some sort of virtual chessboard going on.

This is what we have so far.
Before this post, both our side and sassy side was in the position to capture an opposing pawn. We, having correctly saved madcow, captured his pawn. Now, somehow, one of his pieces is attacking two of ours. We also know that in 3 moves, sassy will have moved the bishop and knight out of the way and castle

OR that's just part of the theme and I'm reading waaaayyyyy too much into this.
Arpitr20 placings (WA)
2019 (regional/state)
Astronomy: 5/
Chem Lab: 1/1
Dynamic Planet: 2/2
GeoLogic Mapping: 5/5
Circuit Lab: 3/4
Code Busters: -/
DatSciolyBoi
State: CA

Post by DatSciolyBoi »

Arpitr20 wrote:
Assassinator wrote:You captured my pawn. Good job, otherwise you would’ve lost yours. MadCow2357 is safe… for now.

There’s a piece in danger for you after the move I made. Two pieces, actually. For this clue, officers each have two protects. If you only protect one person, I will kill the other. If you protect neither, then I’ll kill whichever one I feel like killing.

Innate skill isn’t eNough, Atention skills are imporTant, or yOu will not win this match. woRk Together, you’ll need to, or else you will lOse.

There’s a lot of butterflies flying around in here… I think my friend Mick might be able to get rid of them.
I strongly feel that besides the clues with Mick and capitalization, there is actually some sort of virtual chessboard going on.

Before this post, both our side and sassy side was in the position to capture an opposing pawn. We, having correctly saved madcow, captured his pawn. Now, somehow, one of his pieces is attacking two of ours. We also know that in 3 moves, sassy will have moved the bishop and knight out of the way and castle

If your theory is correct, then none of the officers would be the target, seeing as they are in the back row. Most likely, with the "two pieces in danger" section, and because we know they had two moves, it would be a knight or bishop. Even then, only pawns are targets. Officers may be endangered next move.
Chaparral Middle School -> Troy High School
Background in: Wright Stuff, Bottle Rocket, Mission Possible, Wind Power, Experimental Design, Elastic Launched Glider, Fossils, Mystery Architecture
Builder Cult Satanic Group .CO :twisted:
Co-Sassy of Game 138: Tanks and Turrets
lindsmaurer
State: OH

Post by lindsmaurer »

DatSciolyBoi wrote:
Arpitr20 wrote:

If your theory is correct, then none of the officers would be the target, seeing as they are in the back row. Most likely, with the "two pieces in danger" section, and because we know they had two moves, it would be a knight or bishop. Even then, only pawns are targets. Officers may be endangered next move.
Didn't the sassy also say something about it being an unusual game? Also with them controlling both sides, assuming the chessboard theory, we don't know which pieces could be in danger
Solon HS Captain
DMAH
Sassy #137
1-3 placements: 58
Medals + ribbons: 109

Fossils: X/2/3
Code: 2/1/10
Sounds: 1/2/11
Detector: 1/2/X
Circuits: 8/X/X
Gravity: 7/X/X
GLM: X\X\X