Scioly Assassination 139: Summer Vacation

hmmm
Division: C
State: NJ

Re: Scioly Assassination 139: Summer Vacation

Post by hmmm »

TheCrazyChemist wrote:My thoughts on this clue:
-lots of 2's instead of to and too. I protect Things2do because of this
- There are 9 "now"'s in the first sentence of the note, and none of them are capitalized like they should be. 9N?
- The weirdly capitalized letters/ not capitalized but should be are, IWEDJGYAFBIIMMIA. Idk what they mean
- I don't like how I'm one of the main characters in this clue, but that's what I get for being an officer. If we don't come up with anything else, another officer should protect me.

Sig: CPScienceDude again. Although now I think the sigs have some other meaning.
im thinking that the sigs represent the chapter number the quote is from, which probably encode to letters(a=1,b=2,etc) which spell out the sassy's name.
does anyone know what the 1st sig was?

Edit:decoding "IWEDJGYAFBIIMMIA" as a vigenere with key "morales" gives "windy" followed by junk
Community 2017-2019
WWP North 2019-2023
Wiki Userpage
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

hmmm wrote:
- There are 9 "now"'s in the first sentence of the note, and none of them are capitalized like they should be. 9N?
- The weirdly capitalized letters/ not capitalized but should be are, IWEDJGYAFBIIMMIA. Idk what they mean
- I don't like how I'm one of the main characters in this clue, but that's what I get for being an officer. If we don't come up with anything else, another officer should protect me.

Sig: CPScienceDude again. Although now I think the sigs have some other meaning.
im thinking that the sigs represent the chapter number the quote is from, which probably encode to letters(a=1,b=2,etc) which spell out the sassy's name.

Edit:decoding "IWEDJGYAFBIIMMIA" as a vigenere with key "morales" gives "windy" followed by junk
The first sig was from chapter 15. Windy could refer to the windy city, which is chicago That could also be referring to TCS. I suggest a protect of TCS.
hmmm
State: NJ

Post by hmmm »

TheCrazyChemist wrote:
hmmm wrote:

The first sig was from chapter 15. Windy could refer to the windy city, which is chicago That could also be referring to TCS. I suggest a protect of TCS.
decoding "IWEDJGAFM"(just the capital letters) using key "morales" gives "windycity"
I protect TCS because of the reasoning above
Community 2017-2019
WWP North 2019-2023
Wiki Userpage
amk578
State: IN

Post by amk578 »

hmmm wrote: does anyone know what the 1st sig was?
The first sig was “We had a week of peace together. After that, little, it seemed. A nightmare was upon us.” This is from Chapter 15 like TCC said. The 15th letter from this sig is E, if that's anything.
The new sig is "Looks like all of Maycomb was out tonight, in one way or another." from Chapter 8. The 8th letter of this sig is K.
Not sure if that's the correct way of looking at the sigs, but I'll keep thinking of a way to look at these.
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
JoeyC
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

[quote = "Assassinator"]TheCrazyChemist, amk578, and JoeyC walk back 2 TheCrazyChemist’s room work on the task at hand.[/quote]
It's missing a '2'.
Proper grammar would be
TheCrazyChemist, amk578, and JoeyC walk back to TheCrazyChemist’s room to work on the task at hand.
Using the conventions applied here, it's
TheCrazyChemist, amk578, and JoeyC walk back 2 TheCrazyChemist’s room 2 work on the task at hand.
Maybe just a typo?
TheCrazyChemist

JoeyC wrote: It's missing a '2'.
Proper grammar would be
TheCrazyChemist, amk578, and JoeyC walk back to TheCrazyChemist’s room to work on the task at hand.
TheCrazyChemist, amk578, and JoeyC walk back 2 TheCrazyChemist’s room 2 work on the task at hand.
Maybe just a typo?
Probably a typo, I feel like these clues are riddled with grammar mistakes anyways ( no offense sassy). Plus the windy city thing pretty obviously points to TCS.
pepperonipi
State: FL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pepperonipi »

TheCrazyChemist wrote:
Proper grammar would be
Maybe just a typo?
Probably a typo, I feel like these clues are riddled with grammar mistakes anyways ( no offense sassy).
Looking through the posts, I don’t really see many grammar/spelling mistakes, unless it’s purposeful. Also, this clue has a high emphasis on 2. I don’t really think this is important, though.
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
TheCrazyChemist

pepperonipi wrote:
TheCrazyChemist wrote:
Proper grammar would be
Maybe just a typo?
Probably a typo, I feel like these clues are riddled with grammar mistakes anyways ( no offense sassy).
Looking through the posts, I don’t really see many grammar/spelling mistakes, unless it’s purposeful. Also, this clue has a high emphasis on 2. I don’t really think this is important, though.
I protected Things2do anyways.
JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

The 2s aren't consistent at all, which is interesting.
TheChiScientist
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by TheChiScientist »

So ideas on any other protects or no?
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

Return to “Assassinator Games”