Suddenly, all the lights flickered, and the whole building went dark. Then, a voice came on over the intercom:
“Welcome to Walmart…..the first annual Walmart hide-and-seek. I will definitely enjoy this game, not so sure about you guys. Don’t even think about calling for help - phones won’t be working for the time being. No electricity in the building until I am satisfied with my kills. Stay hidden, have fun!”
1. The next five people to post “Yesterday, I ate 140 slices of pizza and a pound of pasta” will be chosen to be an officer. If you are newer or have not been around for a while, it is less likely that you will be able to identify me.
2. There will be no "informants," but civilians may post.
3. People will die. However, there are some exceptions. I will not kill administrators or moderators. In return, I ask that they not reveal my identity.
4. Officers must choose to protect one of the 20 hiding spots from the list below. The clue will help lead officers to the correct protect. If the officers do not protect the correct spot, the person hiding there will die.
5. You may choose a hiding spot from the list, even if you are not an officer. One person per hiding spot. I will assign users that have participated in recent games to hiding spots that are not taken. Hiding spots may be reused between rounds.
1. Behind the toilet paper rolls 2. In the freezer, under the whole chickens 3. Under the bench in a fitting room 4. Restroom 5. In a stroller box 6. Under watermelons 7. In the back of the pharmacy 8. In the freezer, behind ice cream 9. Under checkout counter 10. Behind cereal boxes 11. In a shopping cart, buried in toddler clothes 12. Bottled water fort 13. Tissue box fort 14. On top of a shelf in aisle 2 15. Behind customer service counter 16. Behind the pillows 17. In a box of unorganized returned items 18. Behind boxes of TV's 19. Inside a rack of clothing 20. Under the cat food
7. Once an officer has made three incorrect accusations, he/she may not accuse or protect and will not be replaceable.
8. The assassinator will provide clues which plainly point to his/her next target, and occasionally to him/herself.
9. The assassinator may continue to post with his/her true account, and may provide hints there.
10. When accusing someone of being assassinator you must use the following template "I accuse (place name here) because (give reason here)." If you don't use this template when accusing the accusation will not count.
11. Once "killed" a user will be allowed no more than one “ghost” post.
12. Each clue will last 48 hours, after which the Assassinator will make the kill.
13. If the assassinator does not reply within 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation. However that accusation must be made next time the user posts and cannot be stored as an extra one to use later.
14. First three officers begin with one accusation, the other two officers will start with zero. All officers can gain an accusation with each correct protect.
15. The assassinator wins after 15 incorrect accusations have been made, but the number needed to win goes down by one with each kill, or if all officers are killed.
16. The assassinator reserves the right to add to these rules as he/she deems necessary.
17. [new] Claim your hiding spots after I post the clue. I will give 24 hours starting from when the clue is posted for you to claim the hiding spots, which means I will post the list at 2:12am GMT. You are still allowed to accuse and protect throughout the full 48 hours.
First clue when all the officer spots are claimed.