SciOlypolis, Massachusetts, The Present Day.
A mysterious note has been discovered! And funnily enough, it has been found at exactly the same spot as sciolyperson1 was found 320 years ago in the colonial town of Sciolyville. This seems to be the work of the ever atemporal and aspatial Assassinator. The contents of the note are as follows:
I have returned! You thought that the assassinator was gone forever (you’ve made that mistake 142 times), but I have been chosen to assume the identity of The One Hundred and Forty Third Assassinator. However, as before, I play fair–it’s no fun if there isn’t some sort of stress of being caught. Here are my rules for your wild goose chase:
1. There will be five officers that can assist in my case.. The first five that express interest will be chosen. Though, if you’re newer or have not been around in a while it’s less likely you’ll be able to identify me.
2. Anyone may participate. This includes the last assassinator as well with the exception that they cannot help with ID-ing me.
3. People will die. Admins and mods will also be at risk, there are no exceptions. I also request that they would not reveal my identity, for the sake of the enjoyment of the game. All choices of targets will be for the sake of clues and narrative, and do not reflect the opinions of the assassinator toward the target.
4. Officers may protect one person per clue. Protections may be changed at any time before I post the next clue (including if I am late).
5. Once an officer has made three incorrect accusations, they will be eliminated. The officer may not participate in the game in any way any longer.
6. I will provide clues which plainly point to his next victim.
7. When accusing someone of being the Assassinator you must use the following template "I accuse (place name here) because (give reason here)." If you don't use this template when accusing the accusation won't count and will be counted as incorrect.
8. Any participant may only post once, and only regarding kill clues, after they have been killed.
9. Non-officers may post.
10. Should an officer quit, be killed, or fail to participate in 3 consecutive clues, their replacement will be the next person to volunteer to accept the position.
11. Each clue will last 48 hours, after which I will strike.
12. If I, the Assassinator, do not reply in 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation.
13. Each officer begins with 0 accusations. You will earn an accusation with each correct protection.
14. I win after 10 kills have been made. And no, I don’t care how low that seems.
15. The Assassinator reserves the right to add to and edit these rules as they deem necessary.
Hope you enjoy my little game, and let’s see if I can finally escape your grasp. After the officers volunteer, I’ll give the first clue.
Assassination 145: Deja Vu
"The end is here"
The Assassinated- JoeyC, MadCow2357, TheMysteriousMapMan
The Wronged- BennyTheJett
Universal Destruction Averted. For Now.