My knights, I’ve gathered ye here to discuss a matter of great importance to our Kingdom. Invaders have swarmed our land, vermin have destroyed the harvest, and my accursed nephew Mordred has found devilish allies in the northern realms. He has conscripted necromancers, werewolves, hags, and even the giants! He has stolen the Scroll of Magic, written by the hand of our very own Merlin. With it he will be able to crush mountains, level forests, tame seas! Merlin warns of certain doom that will indeed befall us all if we do not repel this evil threat.
I need ye all to return to your fiefs, muster thy best soldiers, and prepare for battle. We march against Mordred’s forces on the eve of the new moon. In the name of God, we will destroy him!
This is the legacy of King Arthur and his nemesis, Mordred. Unbeknownst to the King, 2 of Arthur’s knight have turned to Mordred’s side. Now they plot together to conquer the kingdom for themselves. Now, it would indeed be simple if you knew who the traitors were. But since when was Avalon simple? Nay, behold the rules of the game:
1. In this game, I will assume the identity of Mordred, Master of Evil.
2. There will be 12 knights of the round table (up to 12 participants).
3. The knights/participants will be the first 12 people to express their interest in this game.
4. The first 2 participants that PM me the solution for the entry clue will be Agents of Evil. The entry clue will be posted soon.
5. I will notify participants of their allegiance via PM.
6. I may or may not be a participant in this game.
7. If you decide to stop playing while alive, please give up your spot to someone else who wants it so the game will run smoothly.
8. Anyone can say anything about anybody’s identity, but note that people may lie as much as they like.
9. There will be 9 rounds (9 clues given).
10. Each clue will be known as a quest.
11. Each clue will target a user.
12. I can and probably will kill administrators and/or moderators. Please do not reveal my identity in order to keep the game fun, and I encourage you to join as well.
13. I reserve the right to add, change, or remove rules as I deem necessary.
1. Quests are similar to “protects” in previous assassination games. A quest is an action to save a possible target from being killed.
2. Any knight can start a quest. Start a quest using the following format:
I, Sir ____, will embark upon a quest to save _________ because _____. Will any of my worthy brethren join me?
3. However, in order for a quest to be complete, it must consist of 4 knights (the proposed solution must be formally supported by 3 other participants). Use the following format when partaking in a quest:
I will partake in Sir _____ 's noble quest to protect ______ because _______.
4. Multiple quests can be started in a round.
5. Each knight may only participate in one quest per round.
6. I will only judge the solution from the earliest completed quest of that round.
7. If the correct target is not saved, they will die.
1. When accusing someone of being Mordred, you must state the full username of the suspected person.
2. Accusing/co-accusing forfeits your ability to contribute to a quest during the round.
3. A formal accusation proposal will follow the format below:
“I accuse ____ of being Mordred because _____.
4. 2 other people must support the accusation for it to go through. Support an accusation in the following format:
“I support ____ 's accusation of _____ being Mordred because _____.
5. If someone is wrongly accused, that person dies (remember each death brings Evil closer to victory).
6. Dead people are not allowed to participate in the game, though they may “ghost post” as much as they long provided that they don’t reveal any information or thoughts.
1. Will also be known as Loyal Servants of King Arthur.
2. Servants of Arthur will not know each others’ identities.
3. Good wins a round by having the clue be solved correctly.
4. Good wins the game if 5 clues are solved correctly before Evils’ win conditions are satisfied.
5. Good can also win the game by correctly identifying my identity (a full accusation motion must be passed).
Note: If I am indeed in the game, it is possible for me to “be on” the good side, though I lose if Good wins.
1. The Evil participants will be known as Agents of Evil, or Minions of Mordred.
2. The 2 evil participants will know each other’s identities.
3. Evil wins 5 clues are solved incorrectly.
4. Evil also wins if I, Mordred, make a total of 6 kills.
5. I win if Evil wins, Evil wins if I win.
Again, the knights/participants will be the first 12 people to express their interest in this game. The first 2 participants that PM me the solution for the entry clue will be Agents of Evil. The entry clue will be posted soon. Do not hesitate to ask questions or have me clarify certain rules.
Deaths: Tailsfan101, SilverBreeze, pepperonipi
This is either a D&D fan, a Fate weeb, a GoT fan, or a history buff.
I'll be a knight
Dynamic Planet, Protein Modeling, Fast Facts, Thermodynamics
Dynamic Planet, Machines, Ornith
Scientia Potentia Est
EDIT: I just realized that there is as much lying as truth-telling to be done. So I'll give all you knights a fair warning that I'm an agent of evil. I'm so looking forward to the chaos that can ensue from this game. I'll talk about ID, but maybe you should take my word with a grain of salt. Or maybe I'll tell the truth....
Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.
- Posts: 43
- Joined: May 16th, 2018, 11:57 am
- Division: C
- State: OH
- Location: Solon, OH
We play Avalon a LOT at Solon... I'm already suspecting my brothers
Rocks, Road, MystArch, Dynamic, Herp
Circuits (1, 1, 2), Road (1, 1, 13), MystArch (2, 1, 17), Herp, Buggy
Circuits (3, 2, 7), Detector (7, 4, 2, 7), Code (9, 4, 2, 4), Sounds (2), Gravity (7)
- Posts: 127
- Joined: January 10th, 2019, 2:33 pm
- Division: C
- State: NJ
- Location: the universe
WWP North 2019-2020
2nd Place Water Quality 2019
Rocks and Minerals, Ecology
Disease Detectives, Fossils, Game On, Water Quality
Dynamic Planet, Fossils, Ornithology, Water Quality
Constantly Late Sassy #142
cerritos/great oak/SOLVI/poly/wilson/r/s(!) detector: 1/2/1/12/27/1/ machines: 13/10/9/10/3/10/ sounds: 26/15/13/12/3/7/ gravity: 11/8/3/6/9/8/ circuits: 12/2/9/12/6/10/
- Posts: 725
- Joined: November 19th, 2017, 9:09 am
- Division: C
- State: RI
- Location: Stark Industries Internship
On a different note, I'm wondering if the name Ava came from Avalon hmm
2020 Events: Boomilever, Machines, Wright Stuff, and sadly not Gravity Vehicle
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
Andrew Yang for VP!
In remembrance of Len Joeris (Balsa Man) and Dr. Gerard Putz - Don't cry because they are gone. Smile because they were here.
- Posts: 72
- Joined: August 14th, 2018, 3:21 pm
- Division: C
- State: IN
- Location: The Wild Area
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
It's not science if you don't glue your hand to it at least three times.
- Posts: 274
- Joined: December 12th, 2018, 2:40 pm
- Division: C
- State: IN
- Location: Crown Point High School