What Would You Do If.....

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: What Would You Do If.....

Post by TheChiScientist »

Well I'd wish for the human race to advance to a tier 3 civilization. A soul for the betterment of society.
WWYD if you realized there were immortal humans?
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

Simple: don't wish.

WWYD if every single tiny detail of your life was controlled by your parents? Not just major life decisions, like every second how often you breathe, whether you're slouching or sitting straight, exactly how your worded your finals project, etc.

Assume they have the mental capacity and the time/attention to control all of that and make sure you don't suffocate or something.
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
sneepity
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sneepity »

Uh I would be very frustrated. Wouldn't that mean that I'm not me, but my parents? If they could control my thoughts, that would be really horrible.
WWYD if you suddenly turned into a grim reaper, and got a super rad scythe, and your job was to kill unnecessary people? (overpopulation)
B)
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

I was just thinking about this, sneep. I suppose if my existence depended on it, then I'd probably just do it and try not to think about it too much, though I definitely believe there are better ways to deal with overpopulation that don't involve nearly as much pain and sacrifice. I suppose it would get people to be more ambitious/opportunistic and actually make use of their lives so that way they are considered "necessary".
WWYD if you had the ability to control the minds of others, but only of those that are aware of your ability beforehand?
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

sneepity wrote: May 18th, 2020, 7:23 pm WWYD if you suddenly turned into a grim reaper, and got a super rad scythe, and your job was to kill unnecessary people? (overpopulation)
A reference to Scythe by Neal Shusterman, I'm guessing?
Fyren wrote: May 18th, 2020, 8:11 pm WWYD if you had the ability to control the minds of others, but only of those that are aware of your ability beforehand?
I would try to avoid using this ability whenever possible, because the mind is the final sanctuary. No one should have the right to invade it. However, I would be very excited if this ability was similar to how magicians communicate in the Inheritance Cycle (for numerous reasons).

WWYD if you were had to fight and win against one Avenger from Endgame? You get to choose, though you die if you lose the fight.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

Assuming MCU power levels, I'd say Star-Lord (he made an appearance in Endgame) because he's just...... a dude with guns and rocket boots?
I mean he had powers before but right now he doesn't even have his elemental guns. I might be able to beat him in a fight on hilly/rugged terrain. At least with a higher possibility than I would Iron Man or Cap.

WWYD if you could only write in pen? (No pencil)
sneepity
State: NY

Post by sneepity »

MadCow2357 wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:06 am
sneepity wrote: May 18th, 2020, 7:23 pm WWYD if you suddenly turned into a grim reaper, and got a super rad scythe, and your job was to kill unnecessary people? (overpopulation)
Yeah, I read that book and I really liked it. Also, scythes are maybe my favorite weapons, maybe I was thinking about this book.
To Joey's post- If I could only write in pen, that would be fine, because that's what I do all the time anyway. I would just buy myself a nice fountain pen to use.
WWYD if you could never read a book again?
Last edited by sneepity on May 19th, 2020, 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
B)
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

sneepity wrote: May 19th, 2020, 10:04 am
MadCow2357 wrote: May 19th, 2020, 6:06 am

Yeah, I read that book and I really liked it. Also, scythes are maybe my favorite weapons, maybe I was thinking about this book.
The Arc of a Scythe books are so good tbh
Neal Shusterman's books aren't very dry, if you know what I mean.
Also, do ebooks count for the above? If not, I'll just read those.
WWYD if you could remove an event from the memory of the world, as if it never happened?
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

I'd remove World War 1.

WWYD if you could only eat a sandwich for the rest of your life?
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

The way I'm reading this is, for the rest of my life, the only activity I can do is eat a sandwich. If so, I don't think I would be alive for very long because there are things like breathing and drinking water that are also necessary for life.
If the only thing I can eat for the rest of my life is one sandwich, I would also not be alive for very long and die of starvation.
If I the only food I could eat for the rest of my life was sandwiches, that would be boring but okay. I'd probably need to put vitamin supplements in them or put some unusual things in the sandwich to not die of things like scurvy and beriberi(actually if the bread is whole grain, I should be fine regarding beriberi). I also assume I would have dietary issues from having bread each meal, although having rice with almost every meal hasn't let to issues yet.
To conclude, I think it would be hard to survive.

WWYD if everyone thought you were crazy?
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible

Return to “Posting Games”