Ace Detective

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
OrigamiPlanet
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Ace Detective

Post by OrigamiPlanet »

Welcome folks, to a new game that I would like to call Ace Detective. While it is rather similar to your "Assassin Games," they are ever so slightly different. I'm calling upon all of you to ask for your help in finding the leader of a group known as the Royals, comprised of five members: The Jack, The Queen, The King, The Ace, and The Joker. They typically assassinate major public figures and anyone who makes an attempt to bust them out, and each of them have roles that can aid in their attack on their figure. As of right now, they are planning to attack Canada's Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau and cause political anarchy there to their peaceful ways, and I need a team to be able to bust their current Ace as fast as possible. We must save Canada.

Did I say "current" Ace? Yes, the team is very fluid with their roles, and they will constantly be swapping their roles with each other, so you need to find the member that is currently the Ace.

ROLES - The first five to post on this will be privately given a Royal role, and once that the operation has begun, everyone else may participate as Detectives.
The Ace: They are perhaps the most important part of this operation. They are the leader, and they are your main target. They are the one of two members capable of swapping roles with any one of the other members on the team. The Ace role may be passed on TWICE in a day, but no more. Bust this figure and you win.
The Joker: They are the assassin of the game, but the only way the Joker assassinates is if someone falsely accuses them as The Ace. Like The Ace, they may also swap roles with other members of the team. Bust this figure and you die. If The Joker successfully kills 5 members of the detective team, I will be forced to end the operation, so please try not to get busted by the Joker.
The Queen and The King: They are the brains of this operation, gathering intel on the attack on Trudeau. However, whenever one of them calls out for one point of intel, they must expose themselves as one of the two roles. Once exposed, however, they can no longer gain any intel. The duo needs to gain 11 points of intel, and if they do, the Royals win by killing Trudeau in a planned attack. Bust these figures and you can force them not to gain intel. Each role may only gain 1 intel per day if they choose to do so.
The Jack: Ah the poor fool of the team. They are a worthless member that simply cannot do anything. However, exposing your identity will not drag the team down so much. You're the distraction.
Detectives: Anyone not part of the first five is not a Royal member, but is instead one of my trusted detectives (I hope.), and you all need to be able to bust The Ace so the team may fall. You all collectively get ONE busting attempt per day on any one of the five members you select.

RULES
1. A day has passed whenever it is 9 AM at Eastern Standard Time. All action cooldowns are reset once it hits that time.
2. Detectives, on their own accord, will guess who is The Ace with one attempt a day.
3. If a Detective busts the person that is currently The Ace, the Detectives win.
4. If a Detective busts The Joker, that Detective is dead and can no longer participate. The Joker's identity will be exposed.
5. If a Detective busts The Queen or The King, they must reveal that they are one of the two, and they are unable to collect intel for the day.
6. If a Detective busts The Jack, they are exposed as The Jack, but the others are okay.
7. The Ace and The Joker role can be passed along only if BOTH parties consent through private communication of some form. I should know who The Ace currently is so that I may drop potential leads for my team (though you guys have threatened to kill me if I publicly identify them, so my hints will be rather... subtle). If The Ace already swapped twice, then The Joker may not swap with The Ace.
8. The Ace may only be swapped twice in one day, but The Joker can be passed around infinitely.
9. The Queen and The King may decide to expose their identities; if either of them exposes themselves and not because of a Detective guess, they collect one intel for the Royals.
10. The Queen and The King may get only ONE intel a day for each role, so if it was passed on to another person after being exposed, the next person CANNOT expose themselves again for another free intel point.
11. The Royals NEVER communicate to each other in a private group chat; they only send private messages around in one-to-one conversations to avoid being found by my forces.
12. If The Joker role collectively gets 5 kills, OR if The Queen and The King collectively get 11 intel points, the Royals are victorious.
13. Anyone may participate in this forum discussion, including Royals. Royals may talk to other Royals if they so choose, and Detectives may talk to Royals. Detectives may discuss with each other anywhere.
14. The first five people to post to this forum will be Royals. I shall assign the roles to them, but afterwards I will only know who The Ace is.
15. Obviously this game won’t be fun if you cheat, especially with rule 11. Don’t. Do. It.
16. You cannot stack your actions. Use them or they go to waste.
17. Detectives are just guessing who is The Ace. If the guess is wrong, the figure must still identify who they were. If they were The Queen or The King, they also lose their chance to get an intel point.
Last edited by OrigamiPlanet on September 17th, 2020, 3:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
These users thanked the author OrigamiPlanet for the post (total 4):
sciolyperson1 (September 16th, 2020, 4:49 pm) • AstroClarinet (September 16th, 2020, 5:11 pm) • Krish2007 (September 16th, 2020, 5:19 pm) • sneepity (September 17th, 2020, 5:00 am)
Div. C - Cumberland Valley High School

Events
Astronomy; Codebusters; Dynamic Planet

Howdy partner ;)

Email me for anything! Aliases are HeeYaww and v_v_vle
kleinerPanzer
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: Grad
State: KS

Re: Ace Detective

Post by kleinerPanzer »

Sounds pretty interesting, I'll give it a go. Hopefully it won't be in direct competition with Assassination and enough people will play. Rule 11 sounds like it might be the biggest challenge of the game, at least playing from Royals side (almost said T-side)

Out of curiosity, have you run this game before or is this your first trial? It looks a bit sided in favor of the Royals upon initial inspection, but fun nonetheless
imaditi
State: FL

Post by imaditi »

This sounds really intriguing. I'm ready to try it out lol
Orlando Science High School '23

imaditi's userpage
2017: Optics, Wind Power, Anatomy
2018: Optics, Rocks & Minerals, Battery Buggy
2019: Game On, Battery Buggy, Herp, Mystery
2020: Circuit, Machines, Detector, Code
OrigamiPlanet
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by OrigamiPlanet »

HugoTroop wrote: September 16th, 2020, 5:14 pm Sounds pretty interesting, I'll give it a go. Hopefully it won't be in direct competition with Assassination and enough people will play. Rule 11 sounds like it might be the biggest challenge of the game, at least playing from Royals side (almost said T-side)

Out of curiosity, have you run this game before or is this your first trial? It looks a bit sided in favor of the Royals upon initial inspection, but fun nonetheless
This is a first attempt, so it might take a while to calibrate the overall strength of the Royals; hopefully the fact that there’s only 5 members to pick, with their identities occasionally being exposed by The Queen or The King boosts their odds of getting The Ace busted. Please do bear with me as we try to get this started, and if we get enough momentum, we’ll be able to finally have a calibrated game up and at it just like the Sassy Games
Last edited by OrigamiPlanet on September 16th, 2020, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author OrigamiPlanet for the post:
sneepity (September 17th, 2020, 5:00 am)
Div. C - Cumberland Valley High School

Events
Astronomy; Codebusters; Dynamic Planet

Howdy partner ;)

Email me for anything! Aliases are HeeYaww and v_v_vle
jaggie34
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by jaggie34 »

Could be fun, I'll try it
Boca Raton High School -> Georgia Tech
It's About Time writer/co-writer: Golden Gate, Georgia States
Ping Pong Parachute co-ES: MIT
Florida Game On C and Fermi Questions C champion!
and Circuit Lab too I guess
sneepity
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sneepity »

ill play, it sounds fun
Last edited by sneepity on September 17th, 2020, 4:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
B)
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by LittleMissNyan »

I'll play! sounds a tad complicated but I'll probably figure it out as it runs
However, whenever one of them calls out for one point of intel, they must expose themselves as one of the two roles. Once exposed, however, they can no longer gain any intel.
wait so do the King/Queen have to expose themselves every time they try to get intel? How do they get 11 points?

EDIT: never mind I'm blind apparently I get it now

EDIT EDIT: nope I don't is there another posting games account made for this? or is it just guessing who's who on their own accounts
Last edited by LittleMissNyan on September 17th, 2020, 7:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
sneepity

Post by sneepity »

LittleMissNyan wrote: September 17th, 2020, 7:11 am I'll play! sounds a tad complicated but I'll probably figure it out as it runs
However, whenever one of them calls out for one point of intel, they must expose themselves as one of the two roles. Once exposed, however, they can no longer gain any intel.
wait so do the King/Queen have to expose themselves every time they try to get intel? How do they get 11 points?

EDIT EDIT: nope I don't is there another posting games account made for this? or is it just guessing who's who on their own accounts
nope, everytime they expose themselves they can gain one intel point
they both gain one everyday
B)
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

LittleMissNyan wrote: September 17th, 2020, 7:11 am I'll play! sounds a tad complicated but I'll probably figure it out as it runs

You already know who the five Royals are, but you have to accuse the Ace correctly at the time of accusation. So it's just a choice between the 5 people, one of whom can kill you if you accuse them, but you don't know who is who, since their roles are constantly swapping. Only Ace and Joker can switch and Ace can only be switched twice a day. So say A and B are King and Queen respectively and C and D are Ace and Joker respectively. E is Jack. A exposes themself for intel, posting something like "I am King." Sometime between today and tomorrow, say C swaps with A and then A swaps with E, leaving C as King, A as Jack, and E as Ace. If the Detectives bust C tomorrow, they would not win because E will be Ace, though C was Ace today. So even though you know everyone's usernames you don't know their roles.

Also, say while B was Queen someone posted something like "I accuse B of being Queen," the Queen role cannot gain any intel that day, even if B and D swap roles.

Did I understand that correctly?

(forgot to count how many posts but if this is one of first five I don't want to be Royal)
These users thanked the author SilverBreeze for the post:
sneepity (September 17th, 2020, 2:46 pm)
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
sneepity

Post by sneepity »

yeah^ are there posting games accounts made for the queen, ace, joker, and etc?
B)

Return to “Posting Games”