Scioly Assassination 58: A Killing Carol

Assassinations Past
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 58: A Killing Carol

Post by Assassinations Past »

I have to let that accusation count because there was no rule against it, but really?
Rule 14 wrote:If a protection is deemed to be without true reason (ie, "I don't want to die", "they're valuable") by the Assassinator, the protection will NOT count. The protecting officer will have the chance to protect again.
fmtiger124
Division: Grad

Post by fmtiger124 »

Assassinations Past wrote:I have to let that accusation count because there was no rule against it, but really?
Rule 14 wrote:If a protection is deemed to be without true reason (ie, "I don't want to die", "they're valuble") by the Assassinator, the protection will NOT count. The protecting officer will have the chance to protect again.
Not exactly in keeping with the assassinations past theme are we? In the old days people protected all the time just for the heck of it :|

Anyway, thanks winner. This assassinator seems to be very prompt....

Preliminary Suspects List: (in no real order...)
winneratlife (lack of posting...maybe trying to keep out of the way so people would be suspicious...)
ichaelm (noting but a hunch...)
zyzzyva98 (I think we can all guess why...)
paradox21 (I think brobo might think he could be a bit of a genius and pick dox again since he just won....of course I'm not sure dox would want to do it this close together)
quizbowl (randomly jumped in after being gone for a while....though this is likely due to the season starting up again and him coming back)
robodude (no real reason....just a name I'd think about)
and I would have been suspicious of paeleonaps but...he's dead so...

Stupid one accusations....I really want to accuse one of the above :| (which by the way is an advantage for the assasinator...longer game since no one will accuse and there is a chance that people won't ever get up to the 3 they're supposed to have.....of course it does give incentives to solve the clues....might be a good idea to figure out some sort of middle ground)
RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN

Post by RandomPerson »

fmtiger124 wrote:
Assassinations Past wrote:I have to let that accusation count because there was no rule against it, but really?
Rule 14 wrote:If a protection is deemed to be without true reason (ie, "I don't want to die", "they're valuble") by the Assassinator, the protection will NOT count. The protecting officer will have the chance to protect again.
Not exactly in keeping with the assassinations past theme are we? In the old days people protected all the time just for the heck of it :|

Anyway, thanks winner. This assassinator seems to be very prompt....

Preliminary Suspects List: (in no real order...)
winneratlife (lack of posting...maybe trying to keep out of the way so people would be suspicious...)
ichaelm (noting but a hunch...)
zyzzyva98 (I think we can all guess why...)
paradox21 (I think brobo might think he could be a bit of a genius and pick dox again since he just won....of course I'm not sure dox would want to do it this close together)
quizbowl (randomly jumped in after being gone for a while....though this is likely due to the season starting up again and him coming back)
robodude (no real reason....just a name I'd think about)
and I would have been suspicious of paeleonaps but...he's dead so...

Stupid one accusations....I really want to accuse one of the above :| (which by the way is an advantage for the assasinator...longer game since no one will accuse and there is a chance that people won't ever get up to the 3 they're supposed to have.....of course it does give incentives to solve the clues....might be a good idea to figure out some sort of middle ground)
Something is really fishy here...
A new era has begun
quizbowl

Post by quizbowl »

thanks for making that point. the top of my suspect list is zyzzyva (no offense); he just strikes me as desperately innocent.
2010: 5th in NYS
2011: 4th in NYS
2012: 3rd in NYS
<quizbowl> ey kid ya want some shortbread
<EASTstroudsburg13> I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to delete this post.
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

Desperately innocent?
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
Paradox21
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by Paradox21 »

Alright, I don't expect us to make much more out of this clue. Therefore:

I protect myself because a paradox doesn't make sense. It also says 'Look here' in reference to not making sense. My avatar is a visual paradox (the legs don't connect to the body).

While I am flattered that FM would think that brobo would think that I am some kind of genius, I definitely do not plan on being Assassinator again (at least for a long while :twisted: ).

I will point out that while the early Assassinator clues were simple and vague like these clues are, there was less participation back then. These clues may be a stitch too vague considering the pool of potential targets we have nowadays.
When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.
quizbowl

Post by quizbowl »

zyzzyva98 wrote:Desperately innocent?
yes; its a play on Hannibal Lecter's quote from Silence of the Lambs (came out in '91)
Hannibal Lecter wrote:Clarice, doesn't this random scattering of sites seem desperately random - like the elaborations of a bad liar?
if you couldnt realize, im a huge movie buff.
<EASTstroudsburg13> I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to delete this post.
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by zyzzyva980 »

Yeah, I tend to avoid movies for some odd reason. But the phrase "desperately innocent" seems to contradict your thinking I'm guilty.

Resources
quizbowl

Post by quizbowl »

if you read the rest of the quote; you'll see that im believing that you might be desperate, and lie.
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by zyzzyva980 »

I'm not that incredibly stupid that I'd pressure paleonaps not to protect himself if I was the assassinator.

Resources

Return to “Assassinator Games”