I CAN DAB AT COMPETITIONS AGAIN :x :x :x
waffletree
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by waffletree »

DragonTownEpic wrote:I feel kinda hungry.
same.
builder cult vp // #treegang
Adi1008
Division: Grad
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Adi1008 »

I wish people posted more in Awesomely Run Events Stories; in my opinion, positively reinforcing awesome event supervising is probably more useful than punishing people who are often just doing their best.
Stanford University
University of Texas at Austin '22
Seven Lakes High School '18
Beckendorff Junior High '14
whythelongface
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Been thanked: 0

Post by whythelongface »

Adi1008 wrote:I wish people posted more in Awesomely Run Events Stories; in my opinion, positively reinforcing awesome event supervising is probably more useful than punishing people who are often just doing their best.
It's often easier to be upset at people and unhappy at all the ways they've failed while remaining ignorant at all the things a tournament does right. That being said tournaments should be expected to be doing their very best because the competitors are often also doing their very best and it can be disappointing for someone's hard work over a season to go down the drain just because an event was run badly.

I am absolutely speaking from experience.
WEST WINDSOR-PLAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL SOUTH '18
EMORY UNIVERSITY '22
SONT 2017 5th Place Medalist [Microbe Mission]

"One little Sciolyer left all alone,
He went out and hanged himself and then there were none."

Congratulations to WW-P South/Grover for winning 2nd/1st place at NJ States!
Things2do
State: TN

Post by Things2do »

Tailsfan101 wrote:Nationals Predictions
I somehow doubt that Bearden or Farragut will win Tennessee's State competition. I've heard rumors about Bearden losing their coach that was good at motivation et cetera... Then again, that coulda just been a rumor to encourage our B people to study in hopes of having a chance. And it seems like Farragut had a lot of seniors, although that's a 2 year old memory of something I wasn't paying attention to...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
cbrant554
State: IN

Post by cbrant554 »

That moment its 3 days late but you still want to talk about the fact a lot of people, including people on your own team (BREAD), thought you were gonna lose state but then you end up with the best score ever recorded for the state :D :D ! And your team is going to nats for the 30th time!
samlan16
State: GA
Has thanked: 0

Post by samlan16 »

Things2do wrote:I've heard rumors about Bearden losing their coach that was good at motivation et cetera... Then again, that coulda just been a rumor to encourage our B people to study in hopes of having a chance. And it seems like Farragut had a lot of seniors, although that's a 2 year old memory of something I wasn't paying attention to...
Have heard that one too, but I cannot confirm or deny. Hedging a bet that it will be FCS for B; no idea for C.
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.
Things2do

Post by Things2do »

samlan16 wrote:
Things2do wrote:I've heard rumors about Bearden losing their coach that was good at motivation et cetera... Then again, that coulda just been a rumor to encourage our B people to study in hopes of having a chance. And it seems like Farragut had a lot of seniors, although that's a 2 year old memory of something I wasn't paying attention to...
Have heard that one too, but I cannot confirm or deny. Hedging a bet that it will be FCS for B; no idea for C.
F.C.S. is Friendship Christian, right?
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MO

Post by dxu46 »

Things2do wrote:
samlan16 wrote:
Keep in mind there's the second bid from WV to consider. While I pray that it goes to MO so my friends can finally go to nats in division B for once, TN is still a threat.
Things2do

Post by Things2do »

dxu46 wrote:
Things2do wrote:
samlan16 wrote: Have heard that one too, but I cannot confirm or deny. Hedging a bet that it will be FCS for B; no idea for C.
Keep in mind there's the second bid from WV to consider. While I pray that it goes to MO so my friends can finally go to nats in division B for once, TN is still a threat.
Yeah... Think we in C could get one?
Yes, I know how the bids are assigned...
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki

Return to “General Chat”