Page 1594 of 1601

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 19th, 2019, 10:46 am
by CookiePie1
When finals for AP classes are taken care of way before the actual finals week so then you can just chill in those classes during finals itself


We had two (TWO) finals in my AP Physics 1 class after the AP exam....

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 19th, 2019, 10:47 am
by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
CookiePie1 wrote:
LittleMissNyan wrote:LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Science teacher just played the Lorax and had us write on these beaker-shaped sheets of paper tips for next year's students and half the papers were just roasting the teacher (they didn't like him very much)
- PE didn't care we had our phones out
- Computer Science was a big fat nothing burger
- History also let us use our plones and the desktop computers which is why I'm doing this now
- Math is probaly not going to do anything either so I'll play Run 3
I think everyone's just stopped caring at this point


Welcome to high school, where our last days of school are just filled with finals and stress.

Can't confirm: we did nothing in any of our classes for the last month of school.

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 19th, 2019, 11:11 am
by pb5754[]
dxu46 wrote:
CookiePie1 wrote:
LittleMissNyan wrote:LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Science teacher just played the Lorax and had us write on these beaker-shaped sheets of paper tips for next year's students and half the papers were just roasting the teacher (they didn't like him very much)
- PE didn't care we had our phones out
- Computer Science was a big fat nothing burger
- History also let us use our plones and the desktop computers which is why I'm doing this now
- Math is probaly not going to do anything either so I'll play Run 3
I think everyone's just stopped caring at this point


Welcome to high school, where our last days of school are just filled with finals and stress.

When you have a latin final that you get a perfect score on, having finished it in 15 minutes, your last day of school is full of a lot of that bubble shooter game...
it's fun don't judge

lol my last week of school is just a physics final which I considered turning in blank because I was gonna get an A anyways.

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 19th, 2019, 5:45 pm
by whythelongface
CookiePie1 wrote:
Welcome to high school, where our last days of school are just filled with finals and stress.

If you're planning on continuing education after high school, I have really bad news for you.

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 19th, 2019, 8:35 pm
by dxu46

This violin concerto was written by a fossil

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 19th, 2019, 8:40 pm
by EastStroudsburg13
dxu46 wrote:This violin concerto was written by a fossil

I don't recall writing a violin concerto.

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 19th, 2019, 9:25 pm
by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
dxu46 wrote:This violin concerto was written by a fossil

I don't recall writing a violin concerto.

I do

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 20th, 2019, 10:43 am
by whythelongface
dxu46 wrote:
This violin concerto was written by a fossil

Conus is a still surviving genus of gastropods, what are you talking about?

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 20th, 2019, 10:59 am
by hippo9
whythelongface wrote:
dxu46 wrote:
This violin concerto was written by a fossil

Conus is a still surviving genus of gastropods, what are you talking about?

Genus Conus is on the fossils list, hence the reference.

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 20th, 2019, 11:28 am
by CPScienceDude
That's advanced humor right there.

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 20th, 2019, 1:25 pm
by whythelongface
hippo9 wrote:
whythelongface wrote:
dxu46 wrote:
This violin concerto was written by a fossil

Conus is a still surviving genus of gastropods, what are you talking about?

Genus Conus is on the fossils list, hence the reference.

I know that, I'm saying it doesn't make sense since Conus isn't literally an extinct genus... no wait, come back and listen to me about the divergence of genera in Gastropoda!

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 20th, 2019, 1:32 pm
by dxu46
whythelongface wrote:
hippo9 wrote:
whythelongface wrote:Conus is a still surviving genus of gastropods, what are you talking about?

Genus Conus is on the fossils list, hence the reference.

I know that, I'm saying it doesn't make sense since Conus isn't literally an extinct genus... no wait, come back and listen to me about the divergence of genera in Gastropoda!

Extinct isn't the same as dead. An extant genus can still have fossils, which is what I was referencing.

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 23rd, 2019, 7:56 pm
by CPScienceDude
So I took two of the official SAT practice tests and got a superscore of 1520. 790 math and 730 EBRW. So, that's pretty exciting. And now my parents want me to take it as a freshman. . .

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 24th, 2019, 6:54 am
by nateDC
CPScienceDude wrote:So I took two of the official SAT practice tests and got a superscore of 1520. 790 math and 730 EBRW. So, that's pretty exciting. And now my parents want me to take it as a freshman. . .


You can’t show that you’re that smart as a Freshman...you’ll get pushed into stuff... (actual personal experience)

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: June 24th, 2019, 7:27 am
by whythelongface
CPScienceDude wrote:So I took two of the official SAT practice tests and got a superscore of 1520. 790 math and 730 EBRW. So, that's pretty exciting. And now my parents want me to take it as a freshman. . .

There's really no need to do it that early. Wait a few years until you learn a bit more about standardized testing, especially through AP courses. I took all three of my SAT II tests after junior year, when I had taken the majority of my AP courses. In addition, I also retook the ACT after junior year and observed a score increase without actually studying. Simply staying in school will increase your standardized test scores, so it might actually be more beneficial to take them later, especially seeing that you'd have no problem with them anyway.