Scioly Assassination 76: Blue Sands

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
Assassinator
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Scioly Assassination 76: Blue Sands

Postby Assassinator » July 25th, 2011, 7:48 pm

I awoke. Lifted my head, sand sticking to my cheek. Only, the sand was bright blue. BLUE Sand! This is preposterous! I sat up immediately, looking around with a surprised look, digging through the sand around me. Picking it up in my hands and letting it spill through my fingers. I stood up. I Looked around. Everything seemed normal, except this blue sand. At passed it off as some novelty beach, which means there must be some people or some civilization nearby. Naturally I began walking inland in search of some information as to where I was, and how I could get home. It didn't take long till I came across a road. I rested in the shade of a tree, beside the road. An hour or two passed. I was beginning to doze off, when I heard a noise. Not the sort of rumbling noise of a car engine but more like the noise of a jet turbine. I looked down the road, and saw a big red double-decker bus rolling down the road. It pulled up and stopped right in front of me. The doors opened. A man told me to climb aboard, and I did. The bus was deserted, beside for a few other people who looked as dazed and confused as I felt. A man in the first seat stood up. He asked me if I could remember anything. And I couldn't except for one word, "Scioly".  The man continued to talk despite my lack of a response. "You've traveled through a breach in space and time itself, to a parallel world. You don't have any memories, any history, because you never existed in this world. You shouldn't exist in this world. And neither should I". I turned to look at him, his face seemed so familiar yet so foreign. "Over the past months, people like you and myself have been popping up all over the place. Dozens. Hundreds even. Welcome to the club. The club of Scioly". 

A year had passed. The club of scioly had topped off at 14620 members. We studied every clue every hint of our origins. We had learned nothing. However we had learned about the advanced technology of this new universe. And we had set ourselves the task of building a device, a portal if you will, to travel back home. Each member was assigned a task to design and build a specific portion of this machine.

Fifty years passed. The club of scioly had slowly disintegrated. Members had given up hope and gone to live a new life, one by one. But unlike the others, I had not forgotten that one word, unlike the rest. It bothered me daily, drove me mad. I had to know. Where was I from? I was determined to acquire every piece of the machine from every member, no matter what it took. But the former members of scioly refused to help. So I was forced to go undercover. The next day I sent out a message through the clubs old mailing list it read
1. The officers will be the next five people who send correct answers to the clue. Put in a bit of thought before posting. If you have not been around for awhile, it is less likely that you will be able to identify me.

2. There will be no "informants", but civilians may post.

3. People will die. However, there are some exceptions. I will not kill administrators or moderators. In return, I ask that they not reveal my identity.

4. Officers may die, but an officer may protect another officer.

5. Once an officer has made three incorrect accusations, he may not accuse or protect anyone. However, after that point they may choose to sacrifice himself to me so that a new officer may take his place.

6. The assassin will provide clues which plainly point to his next victim, and occasionally to himself.

7. The assassin will continue to post with his true account, and may provide hints there.

8. When accusing someone of being Assassinator you must use the following template "I accuse (place name here) because (give reason here)." If you don't use this template when accusing the accusation won't count.

9. Once "killed" a user may not make any statements about the identity of the Assasinator.

10. Each officer will in addition earn a "Hint" towards the latest clue, for every two correct protections. The officer may use it whenever they please, by saying "I request a hint" 

11. Each clue will last 48 hours, after which the Assassinator may kill. 

12. If the Assassinator does not reply in 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation. However that accusation must be made next time the user posts and cannot be stored as an extra one to use later.

13. Each officer begins with one accusation. You will earn accusations as you protect correctly.

14. The Assassinator wins after 15 incorrect accusations have been made, but the number needed to win goes down by one with each kill.

15. The Assassinator reserves the right to add to these rules as he deems necessary.
The clue-

My first- 44° 56′ 38.76″ N, 93° 5′ 6.72″ W
My last is to be found on many oil filled bottles in most grocery stores, as well as on lemonade, cookies, pasta sauce, and other goods
Who am I?
Last edited by Assassinator on July 26th, 2011, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Assassination 145: Deja Vu
"Science has no homeland"
The Assassinated- JoeyC, MadCow2357
The Wronged- None. Yet.
Universal Destruction In 10 More Deaths

amerikestrel
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Scioly Assassination 76: Blue Sands

Postby amerikestrel » July 25th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Just sent in my answer and got it correct. I'll admit it took me longer than it should have.

People who I'm suspicious of and I think harryk could have picked: mingtian, TheGenius, Z. Maybe Koko.
Not competing in the 2011-12 season.
2011 B division PA State Ornithology and Fossils champ!
Medal count: 14

zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Postby zyzzyva980 » July 25th, 2011, 8:16 pm

Oh, come on, I don't even go to grocery stores.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Postby Luo » July 25th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Maybe Koko.
Koko is in Asia and hasn't been on the internet at all since very early Sunday, so it's not her.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

TheGenius
State: KS

Postby TheGenius » July 25th, 2011, 8:47 pm

For the assassinator:
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Postby harryk » July 26th, 2011, 3:47 am

Ah, lots of words
So am I still allowed to help with clues? :)
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time

mingtian

Postby mingtian » July 26th, 2011, 7:37 am

I'm thinking space scientist.

space scientist
State: TX

Postby space scientist » July 26th, 2011, 8:26 am

I'm thinking space scientist.
Why do you think that I am the assassin?

For the officer clue, I think that I found the answer for the first part, but I don't have much of an idea about the second part.
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion." John Lawton
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward

TheGenius
State: KS

Postby TheGenius » July 26th, 2011, 8:56 am

Many grammatical mistakes:
BLUE Sand!
I Looked around.
The next day I sent out a message through the clubs old mailing list it read
The officer may use it whenever they please, by saying "I request a hint"
My last is to be found on many oil filled bottles in most grocery stores, as well as only lemonade, cookies, pasta sauce, and other goods
And sacrificing is rather strange. Is a sacrificial alter involved?
5. Once an officer has made three incorrect accusations, he may not accuse or protect anyone. However, after that point they may choose to sacrifice himself to me so that a new officer may take his place.
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

mingtian

Postby mingtian » July 26th, 2011, 9:08 am

Well, it's not Z.

Return to “Posting Games”