Scioly Assassination 81: The End of the World

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Scioly Assassination 81: The End of the World

Post by Assassinator »

It's December 20, 2012. In one more day, the world will end. Being the benevolent person I am, I will help the residents of Sciolyville meet their end a slight bit sooner. Enjoy.

1. The officers will be the next five people who send correct answers to the clue. Put in a bit of thought before posting. If you have not been around for awhile, it is less likely that you will be able to identify me.

2. There will be no "informants", but civilians may post.

3. People will die. However, there are some exceptions. I will not kill administrators or moderators. In return, I ask that they not reveal my identity.

4. Officers may [and will] die, but a police officer may protect another officer.

5. Once an officer has made three incorrect accusations, he may not accuse or protect anyone.

6. The assassin will provide clues which plainly point to his next victim, and occasionally to himself.

7. The assassin will continue to post with his true account, and may provide hints there.

8. When accusing someone of being Assassinator you must use the following template "I accuse (place name here) because (give reason here)." If you don't use this template when accusing the accusation won't count.

9. Once "killed" a user may not make any statements about the identity of the Assasinator or the solutions to kill clues. They are also forbidden to post in the thread of the game.

10. Non officers or informants may post.

11. Each clue will last 48 hours, after which the Assassinator may kill.

12. If the Assassinator does not reply in 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation. However that accusation must be made next time the user posts and cannot be stored as an extra one to use later.

13. Each officer begins with one accusation. You will earn accusations as you protect correctly.

14. The Assassinator wins after 15 incorrect accusations have been made, but the number needed to win goes down by one with each kill.

15. The Assassinator reserves the right to add to these rules as he deems necessary.

First clue:
Our run lasted for 10 years, and we went around the world.
We're like the Fantastic Four, but more real and a different adjective.
mogus
quadratic
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 81: The End of the World

Post by quadratic »

I'm the fourth officer
3.14159265358979323846264338327905 from memory.
I AM THE ASSASSINATOR
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

One more officer spot must be filled before the march toward the end of the world begins.
mogus
RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN
Been thanked: 0

Post by RandomPerson »

I think the lack of interest in this game is showing that we'll have to change the sassy games somehow. Frankly, I think a hiatus is in order.
A new era has begun
harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by harryk »

Well I think themed games with good story telling are more fun, but perhaps it is also the clues
Lately clues have been getting harder and putting people off, my self included, because they see the clue but have don't know where to start. For example in the last game 0000FF obviously refers to the color blue, but after that there's no other information to go on
So I think assassinators should try and make somewhat complex clues, that are specific to one target
Also perhaps we could come up with a spin on the rules to add a new aspect to the game
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time
Squanto
Division: C
State: ME

Post by Squanto »

I agree about more complex clues and good themes. First of all, the themes in themselves give a nice little hint as to the direction of the clues. Also, I remember when clues use to be things like the number of bold letters being the key to a Caesar cipher that would then unlock a phrase to google... etc. and point to someone's almost exact name at the least.
Squanto gives you corn, you give Squanto bones.
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

I decided to let some other people have a shot at officer this time. I've been officer, what, three times in a row now? I was online when the game was put up, so yes, I could have been an officer if I so wished. But I didn't.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
mingtian
State: PA

Post by mingtian »

I can't figure out the clue.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Is there a final officer yet? I was the second.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Squanto
State: ME

Post by Squanto »

Protip: Think musicians. :roll:
Squanto gives you corn, you give Squanto bones.

Return to “Assassinator Games”