1000 Ways to Get Kicked Out of Walmart

A forum for those Word Games that plague the Earth.
JoeyC
Division: C
State: TX

Re: 1000 Ways to Get Kicked Out of Walmart

Post by JoeyC » January 8th, 2019, 5:11 pm

Things2do wrote:
JoeyC wrote:419. Pretend it's Fortnighte and buddy up:
[*] Ride around in a shopping cart at lethal speeds.
[*] Open loot boxes and steal Nerf guns.
[*] Break loot llamas and breakpinatas.
[*] Throw Disco Balls at people.
[*] Other cancerous stuff et cetera. I don't know any other stuff.......I stopped following Fortnighte when it died.
waffletree wrote:420: T.P. the entire store... While eating twinkies... That were are stolen
421: Egg the store. With shoplifted eggs.
What's a fortnight have to do with stolen Nerf guns?
The second "break" is redundant and unnecessary.
"Were stolen" implies that the objects, in this case the Twinkies, were formerly stolen and have since been returned
All of this is redundant.
Ohayo!
Dynamic Planet, Protein Modeling, Fast Facts, Thermodynamics
Dynamic Planet, Machines, Ornith
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Scientia Potentia Est

Things2do
State: TN

Post by Things2do » January 8th, 2019, 5:14 pm

JoeyC wrote:
Things2do wrote:
JoeyC wrote:419. Pretend it's Fortnighte and buddy up:
[*] Ride around in a shopping cart at lethal speeds.
[*] Open loot boxes and steal Nerf guns.
[*] Break loot llamas and breakpinatas.
[*] Throw Disco Balls at people.
[*] Other cancerous stuff et cetera. I don't know any other stuff.......I stopped following Fortnighte when it died.
waffletree wrote:420: T.P. the entire store... While eating twinkies... That were are stolen
"Were stolen" implies that the objects, in this case the Twinkies, were formerly stolen and have since been returned
I've been trying to add explanations to my corrections to help better Written English instead of just enforcing the rules, and redundancy is usually required for modern people to even attempt to understand what I say...

Why didn't you just do this?
All of the spoilered text here.
John 5:46-47
When your signature exceeds the allotted 300 characters, you put it here...
Is this where I put the Builder Cult?
"I think that we're all mentally ill. Those of us outside the asylums only hide it a little better - and maybe not all that much better after all." - Stephen King

TheChiScientist
Division: Grad
State: IL

Post by TheChiScientist » January 8th, 2019, 5:18 pm

Things2do wrote:
JoeyC wrote:
Things2do wrote:.
I've been trying to add explanations to my corrections to help better Written English instead of just enforcing the rules, and redundancy is usually required for modern people to even attempt to understand what I say...

Why didn't you just do this?
All of the spoilered text here.
I'm just gonna leave this here...
Modern people use simplified English... :lol:
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me

JoeyC

Post by JoeyC » January 8th, 2019, 5:19 pm

What if people do not wish to be monitored in such a way. I, personally, can speak in full sentences with more than proper grammar and articulations. However, sometimes it can be tiresome to do so, despite the fact that it does not take much effort. Letting the facade of being official and communing with people in an informal manner indicates a level of trust and friendship. There is a reason why official government policy does not make for good reading material.
Hence, I ask that you please stop posting grammatical corrections to our intentional missteps. We all know how to write and type properly, and some of us may even be able to do it with ease, as I do now, but as as been observed time and time again, small in-formalities, especially with blind males, only aid the growth of friendship.
Ohayo!
Scientia Potentia Est

amk578
State: IN

Post by amk578 » January 8th, 2019, 5:22 pm

422. Correct everyone's grammar to the point of redundancy.
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road Scholar
2019 - Anatomy, Disease Detectives, Heredity, & Road Scholar
2020 - Anatomy, Designer Genes, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling

JoeyC

Post by JoeyC » January 8th, 2019, 5:31 pm

You, my friend, have a bright future ahead of you amk.
Ohayo!
Scientia Potentia Est

waffletree
State: PA

Post by waffletree » January 8th, 2019, 5:37 pm

Things2do wrote:
waffletree wrote:
Things2do wrote:.

"Were stolen" implies that the objects, in this case the Twinkies, were formerly stolen and have since been returned.
That was so unnecessary.
What was so unnecessary?
YOUR CORRECTIONS.
JoeyC wrote:What if people do not wish to be monitored in such a way. I, personally, can speak in full sentences with more than proper grammar and articulations. However, sometimes it can be tiresome to do so, despite the fact that it does not take much effort. Letting the facade of being official and communing with people in an informal manner indicates a level of trust and friendship. There is a reason why official government policy does not make for good reading material.
Hence, I ask that you please stop posting grammatical corrections to our intentional missteps. We all know how to write and type properly, and some of us may even be able to do it with ease, as I do now, but as as been observed time and time again, small in-formalities, especially with blind males, only aid the growth of friendship.
well said, my friend
builder cult vp // #treegang

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 8th, 2019, 6:23 pm

waffletree wrote:
Things2do wrote:
waffletree wrote: That was so unnecessary.
What was so unnecessary?
YOUR CORRECTIONS.
JoeyC wrote:What if people do not wish to be monitored in such a way. I, personally, can speak in full sentences with more than proper grammar and articulations. However, sometimes it can be tiresome to do so, despite the fact that it does not take much effort. Letting the facade of being official and communing with people in an informal manner indicates a level of trust and friendship. There is a reason why official government policy does not make for good reading material.
Well said, my friend.
Fished it foor you

Things2do
State: TN

Post by Things2do » January 8th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Hence, I ask that you please stop posting grammatical corrections to our intentional missteps. We all know how to write and type properly, and some of us may even be able to do it with ease, as I do now, but as has been observed time and time again, small in-formalities, especially with blind males, only aid the growth of friendship.
I seem to have started a large discussion...

Code: Select all

Laziness is no excuse for bad grammar, spellings, or punctuation.
[/highlight]
John 5:46-47
When your signature exceeds the allotted 300 characters, you put it here...
Is this where I put the Builder Cult?
"I think that we're all mentally ill. Those of us outside the asylums only hide it a little better - and maybe not all that much better after all." - Stephen King

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F » January 8th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Things2do wrote:
Hence, I ask that you please stop posting grammatical corrections to our intentional missteps. We all know how to write and type properly, and some of us may even be able to do it with ease, as I do now, but as has been observed time and time again, small in-formalities, especially with blind males, only aid the growth of friendship.
I seem to have started a large discussion...

Code: Select all

Laziness is no excuse for bad grammar, spellings, or punctuation.
[/highlight]
It is an excuse when you're using it as an excuse...

Return to “Posting Games”