SciOly Assassination 107: The Unforgivable Curses

log10[infinity]
Division: B
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Assassination 107: The Unforgivable Curses

Post by log10[infinity] »

I agree that the Sassy was a previous target, but does the crowd of people have any significance? Or maybe we have to look further into Wilhelm Georg Debrowski.
JasperKota
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY

Post by JasperKota »

You both bring up valid points. There are a couple books and movies about Wilhelm as well (they're on his wikipedia page)
2020 Events: Fossils, Gravity Vehicle, Wright Stuff, Ping Pong Parachute
2019 Events: Fossils, Mousetrap Vehicle, Wright Stuff
2018 Events: Helicopters, Mousetrap Vehicle, Parasitology, WIDI
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Wright Stuff
2016 Events: Crave the Wave, Dynamic Planet, Invasives
Fluffy Crustacean

Post by Fluffy Crustacean »

I can't believe I didn't realize this earlier,

I accuse JasperKota because of double agents (in the sense of being both an officer and Sassy).
Following a certain panda
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

To the Officers:
I hope this owl finds you, though he appears to be a bit overexcited.
When my fellow Sassies left me, I grew considerably weaker. It's the way magic works; you could say they were like horcruxes. I began to hunt down my targets slower, and take up more energy as the black mist. The whole partners-dead thing also took its toll on my "normal" face, or what people usually saw me as, which was a fellow prefect. FluffyCrustacean soon noticed that his other prefects were dead - and I spent my days looking tired and panting when I got to class. I am no longer with you all. McGonagall has since then expelled me, but I still hold the title of "Best Officer", aka "Best Prefect". Yes, I JasperKota am the last, or should I say was, the last standing Assassinator of this game.

I hope we meet again someday, you little gits ;) ,
The Assassinator

P.S. SOnerd and dragon_fruit35 send their regards.
mogus
Entomology
State: CA

Post by Entomology »

Who chooses the sassy this time, seeing as there were multiple occurring assassinators?

good game everyone!
CCA '20 Captain
Herpetology, Fossils, Boomilever, Mousetrap Vehicle
Panda Weasley

Post by Panda Weasley »

Entomology wrote:Who chooses the sassy this time, seeing as there were multiple occurring assassinators?

good game everyone!
Well Fluffy accused all of them, so they do.
Good game you three! I enjoyed it.
DFTBA!
Events 2019: Forensics and Fossils
Proud member of Teh Ento Cult.
:ugeek:
JasperKota
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by JasperKota »

I believe FluffyCrustacean gets to choose. He accused everyone correctly, big props to him :D Fluffy, send your choice to SOnerd please; me and dragon_fruit would like to play next round (though I think I'll stay out of being an officer this time)
And great job to all of you as well, in a normal game you guys would've won when dragon_fruit was accused.

To those who had me join in on IRC group chats to discuss the clue or try to figure out who the sassy was - you really had me sweating :lol: And you had me chuckling. Though I think I covered myself up decently, I think part of the reason was people sort of forgot I was an officer... until I got that Best Officer nomination ;)

We did the whole multiple-sassy thing kind of in shifts. The first half was mostly dragon_fruit, though I threw in a few clues here and there to help her out. After she was accused, I took over the account, and as PandaWeasley said last time, it's hard playing the game as two people. There were multiple times that I thought I signed in as the Assassinator, but I was writing the clue as JasperKota and nearly posted it :shock: SOnerd was basically our wildcard. She'd never participated in any of the games before, didn't even know the rules prior to this, so I gave out her ID clues before mine (she agreed with this decision). Also, I didn't originally plan to have SOnerd be nominated for best sassy. She nominated herself :lol:

You guys solved most of the clues, but a list of them with the answers should be out sometime soon.
Anyways, good game, and let's hope another one starts soon :D
2020 Events: Fossils, Gravity Vehicle, Wright Stuff, Ping Pong Parachute
2019 Events: Fossils, Mousetrap Vehicle, Wright Stuff
2018 Events: Helicopters, Mousetrap Vehicle, Parasitology, WIDI
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Wright Stuff
2016 Events: Crave the Wave, Dynamic Planet, Invasives
dragonfruit35
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: VA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by dragonfruit35 »

Clue answers:

1- solved later
2- solved
3- solved
4- keyed caesar, shift 1, key obsidian gives "fur aliens", thus nutria, Jaol's avatar (Formerly)
5- solved
6- solved
7- Ess- initials of eat_sleep_SO. You were so close...
8- This one pointed to the 3 sassy bit. At this point, the number of officers had been normalized, and there were triple the number of sassies.
9- solved
10- The third letter of every sentence spelled utf. The three tries alluded to this.
11- solved
12- solved
13- chessylite is an alternate name for azurite, and malachite is derived from mallow.
14- orange and green fruit= mango
15- solved
16- You solved my part of the ID clue, but "bugged" referred to SOnerd and "stressed" (a tøp lyric, kinda) and "kill people now" (a commonly misheard tøp lyric) referred to JasperKota (yes, that was a little vague.) The kill clue, which you did not find, was me looking down at my nonexistent shadow- referencing Groundhog Day.
17- solved
18- solved
19- solved. The bread= crust= crustacean ;) .

So, what did you guys think? I felt like I couldn't find a good median between really hard clues and ones that were way too easy. Let me know what I could have done to improve this (and Jasper and SOnerd, of course :) ). Fluffy, send your pick to SOnerd, and I'll see you in the next game!
tjhsst '20
virginia tech '24
2x codebusters national medalist

"it's not a pen, it's a principle!" - annie edison
Panda Weasley

Post by Panda Weasley »

dragon_fruit35 wrote:I felt like I couldn't find a good median between really hard clues and ones that were way too easy. Let me know what I could have done to improve this (and Jasper and SOnerd, of course :) ). Fluffy, send your pick to SOnerd, and I'll see you in the next game!
This was my problem as well. Making good clues was one of the hardest parts of being sassy for me. I think that if you had made the clues stand out from the story more it would have been fine. There were a few that I thought were really good once I saw the solution, but it was really hard to find the clue within the story. Other than that I think you all did a good job. :D
DFTBA!
Events 2019: Forensics and Fossils
Proud member of Teh Ento Cult.
:ugeek:
Fluffy Crustacean

Post by Fluffy Crustacean »

Good job Sassys! This was a really fun game.

Also, I just sent my pick to SOnerd, so hopefully I made a good choice and a new game will start soon.
Following a certain panda

Return to “Assassinator Games”