It’s arguably the best day of the year. Bright and excited students from all over the nation flock to Wright State University with arms full of binders, notesheets, delicate build devices, and a head full of hopes. The campus overflows with chatter and activity, and the tournament directors warmly welcome the incoming students, who have already begun to settle in.
You guessed it. Its the 2017 National Tournament, and everything is perfect…
but there's definitely more than meets the eye.
The rules consist of the following: (Rules I have altered have been bolded)
1. The next five people who post will be officers. You do not have to solve a clue. Put in a bit of thought before posting. If you have not been around for awhile, it is less likely that you will be able to identify me.
2. There will be no "informants", but civilians may post.
3. People will die. However, there are some exceptions. I will not kill administrators or moderators. In return, I ask that they not reveal my identity.
4. Officers may protect one person per clue.
5. Once an officer has made three incorrect accusations, he may not accuse or protect anyone.
6. The assassin will provide clues which plainly point to his next victim, and occasionally to himself.
7. The assassin will continue to post with his true account, and may provide hints there.
8. When accusing someone of being Assassinator you must use the following template "I accuse (place name here) because (give reason here)." If you don't use this template when accusing the accusation won't count.
9. Once "killed" a user may not post at all on the Assassination forum.
10. Non officers may post.
11. Each clue will last 48 hours, after which the Assassinator will kill.
12. If the Assassinator does not reply in 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation. However that accusation must be made next time the user posts and cannot be stored as an extra one to use later.
13. Each officer begins with one accusation. You will earn an accusation with each correct protection.
14. The Assassinator wins after 15 incorrect accusations have been made, but the number needed to win goes down by one with each kill.
15. The Assassinator reserves the right to add to these rules as he deems necessary.
Good luck. You'll need it.
Assassination 145: Deja Vu
“The truthful man is usually a liar”- Alfred Noble
The Assassinated- JoeyC, MadCow2357
The Wronged- None. Yet.
Universal Destruction In 10 More Deaths