On Competition Day

m_visswanathan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

On Competition Day

Post by m_visswanathan »

Since competition day is approaching fast for me, I had a few questions about what actually happens on competition day.

1) If you have a team of two, are both team members allowed to launch or does each team only select one member to launch for them?

2) Can you bring spare parts to repair your glider? Ex: If my fin brakes and cannot be repaired with glue, can we bring a spare fin to glue on?

3) How many official flights do we get?

Thank you very much. I look forward to your responses.
jander14indoor

Re: On Competition Day

Post by jander14indoor »

First, not official, this is not the place for clarifications, an unofficial forum only, submit questions to the national website if you really need to...

Your first and third questions should be clearly covered by the rules, check them for yourself. You really should be familiar with them before competition.

Second one isn't covered specifically, but I'd expect most event supervisors to allow you to fix your glider if needed (especially if you do it in front of them and with NO outside assistance). You won't get extra time though. It would be better to have two good gliders and to switch to your backup.

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
davix_sigh

Post by davix_sigh »

m_visswanathan wrote:Since competition day is approaching fast for me, I had a few questions about what actually happens on competition day.

1) If you have a team of two, are both team members allowed to launch or does each team only select one member to launch for them?

2) Can you bring spare parts to repair your glider? Ex: If my fin brakes and cannot be repaired with glue, can we bring a spare fin to glue on?

3) How many official flights do we get?

Thank you very much. I look forward to your responses.
Regarding number 1, both can launch but it is better for one to specialize in launch.
Number 2, I think you can bring it but you cannot have help, so it is best to bring only what you need.
Number 3, 5 official, 3 trim.
m_visswanathan

Post by m_visswanathan »

Thank you very much for answering my questions davix_sigh.

Return to “Elastic Launch Glider B”