bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Photos/Videos

Post by bernard »

TSOlympian wrote:So this isn't really flying that well, but I did come up with this.

I feel like a lot of the proportions are off and because my team is sort of new to this, I tried to make all the parts/lengths/distances adjustable. Hasn't really been working though as the plane just sort of sinks and drops to the ground. I guess you could say it dives, but it looks more like it's just really heavy and dropping straight down. Any tips?
Thanks for sharing; what a beautiful bird! And I agree with Less_Incidence about the paper flaps. Hopefully they're easily removable. And I'd imagine paper flaps making consistency a little or a lot more difficult.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
TSOlympian
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Photos/Videos

Post by TSOlympian »

Thanks for your kind comments! The plane was built to be totally adjustable -- all the things like wing posts are paper tubes that slide along the fuselage and the motorstick and tailboom themselves are just two 1/8 x1/8 sticks that are taped together to overlap in the middle. My team is kind of inexperienced, so we thought that we would build one plane where we could experiment with different lengths/ratios or interchange parts rather than a bunch of planes each with a different parameter.

I'll work on getting the other details you guys asked for -- sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with college apps but I just got on winter break so I'll get them soon. Should I maybe start another thread for discussing these plane problems?

Return to “Wright Stuff C”