Missouri 2016

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 578
Joined: October 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by Magikarpmaster629 » February 23rd, 2016, 6:15 pm

FuzzyLogic wrote:Well, good luck!

And see ya at State! ;D
We placed first at regionals :). You're Missouri too? Which region?
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

Xrt3
Member
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: February 18th, 2016, 12:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by Xrt3 » February 24th, 2016, 1:08 pm

From Clark Middle School in Fayette, we just started up 3 years ago.

Some questions about state- Does your team have to win overall at regionals to advance to state, or if you win an individual event do you qualify? We sent individuals to state for the first time last year, but I've heard the rules might have changed.

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 578
Joined: October 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by Magikarpmaster629 » February 24th, 2016, 1:43 pm

Xrt3 wrote:From Clark Middle School in Fayette, we just started up 3 years ago.

Some questions about state- Does your team have to win overall at regionals to advance to state, or if you win an individual event do you qualify? We sent individuals to state for the first time last year, but I've heard the rules might have changed.
Each region sends a certain amount of teams that place in the top slots to state. I believe sending individuals that place first is still a thing, but you should check the Missouri state website (http://moscioly.org/) to be sure.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

sciolyFTW_aku
Member
Member
Posts: 135
Joined: June 10th, 2015, 11:48 am
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by sciolyFTW_aku » March 4th, 2016, 10:32 am

Magikarpmaster629 wrote:
Xrt3 wrote:From Clark Middle School in Fayette, we just started up 3 years ago.

Some questions about state- Does your team have to win overall at regionals to advance to state, or if you win an individual event do you qualify? We sent individuals to state for the first time last year, but I've heard the rules might have changed.
Each region sends a certain amount of teams that place in the top slots to state. I believe sending individuals that place first is still a thing, but you should check the Missouri state website (http://moscioly.org/) to be sure.
I think they just did that last year, just as a trial thing...
B-)

FuzzyLogic
Member
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 7:21 pm
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by FuzzyLogic » March 15th, 2016, 7:42 am

At our regional they announced that individuals could go to state too.

I'm from Region 5, according to the MO Science Olympiad website. The regional was at Missouri S & T. What regions are you all from?
Astronomy
Wind Power
Game On

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 578
Joined: October 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by Magikarpmaster629 » March 15th, 2016, 8:06 am

FuzzyLogic wrote:At our regional they announced that individuals could go to state too.

I'm from Region 5, according to the MO Science Olympiad website. The regional was at Missouri S & T. What regions are you all from?
We're from region 6, St. Louis. Will you be at state?
samlan16 wrote:
Magikarpmaster629 wrote: Anyway, from the Missouri state website, it looks like we still have the infamous 'Some Wierd Event' (actual spelling, you can see for yourself here: http://moscioly.org/moso-div_c_events.html) as a trial event.
Someone on my team emailed the GA state directors to see if we could get that event. Let me know how it goes!
My coach says there aren't any trial events at state :cry:
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

FuzzyLogic
Member
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 7:21 pm
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by FuzzyLogic » March 15th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Yup! I'm gonna be at state! I'm doing Astronomy, Game On, Wind Power, and maybe Robot Arm. How 'bout you guys?
Astronomy
Wind Power
Game On

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 578
Joined: October 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by Magikarpmaster629 » March 15th, 2016, 2:52 pm

I'll be doing division C Astronomy, Fossils and Forensics.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

FuzzyLogic
Member
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 7:21 pm
Division: C
State: MO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by FuzzyLogic » March 15th, 2016, 3:05 pm

How's Astronomy going? At our Regional, they used last year's test. :( We still got second but only 'cuz everyone else was just as clueless. Kinda frustrating after spending forever on that Exoplanet binder. Was your test good? What's your favorite subject in astronomy?

I find it really hard to study. I always get side-tracked and end up reading about quark stars and pair-instability supernovas. :D
Astronomy
Wind Power
Game On

User avatar
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 578
Joined: October 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm
Division: Grad
State: MA
Location: No idea, but I can tell you exactly how fast I'm going
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Missouri 2016

Post by Magikarpmaster629 » March 15th, 2016, 7:58 pm

FuzzyLogic wrote:How's Astronomy going? At our Regional, they used last year's test. :( We still got second but only 'cuz everyone else was just as clueless. Kinda frustrating after spending forever on that Exoplanet binder. Was your test good? What's your favorite subject in astronomy?

I find it really hard to study. I always get side-tracked and end up reading about quark stars and pair-instability supernovas. :D
We got the test used for the UT Austin regionals on the same day. It was a really good test, although I kinda panicked since the Fossils supervisor made us stay 5 minutes late to listen to a short lecture on how cool fossils are (I even forgot my calculator; luckily my partner had his).

Favorite subject? Exoplanets, no question; although the rest of Astronomy is cool too. (I plan on doing Astronomy in university :D ).

If you have specific questions for Astronomy, ask syo_astro; he has helped me quite a lot, and he's frequently on IRC or you could PM him/her. Schrodinger's Cat, Foreverphysics and Alphatauri should also be able to help.

Looking at tests from this year and last year (since the topics were mostly the same) is really helpful, as you see the kinds of questions asked on tests.

Anyway, how's Game On? Nearly everyone I've heard of hates it, but maybe it's different for you?
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

Locked

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests