Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Georgia 2016

Post by texas »

Unome wrote:
texas wrote:
samlan16 wrote: Good luck with 100; I just barely made it to my goal of 75. (3 mediocre seasons never bodes well.)
I only got 7 medals this last season (in my defense, it was my first year in SO, and our coaches randomly assign us events).
I think I got a similar number (don't remember exactly how many). More tournaments really helps, though, as well as doing a lot of events.
rfscoach wrote:We have nothing to say this summer and, still, no state is going to catch up to our thread length. I am so proud.
Still a solid nine pages ahead of Ohio :)

Also, does anyone want to make next year's thread (and will stay around often enough to update it throughout the year as it has been this year and last year) and would like me or samlan to refrain from doing so?
Can I make next year's thread for Texas?
Tompkins HS Science Olympiad
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

Unome - are you a team captain this year? If so, and even if you are not, you should post the tentative Hooch Invite date and the google form link here and on the competition page.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Unome
Division: Grad

Post by Unome »

rfscoach wrote:Unome - are you a team captain this year? If so, and even if you are not, you should post the tentative Hooch Invite date and the google form link here and on the competition page.
Yes, I'm a team captain. I'll discuss with the others about posting the form publicly, and post about it after that. Also a thread will be put up later once we have details worked out.

Edit: The survey link is here. It's now been updated with a section for school name (since the data is more helpful that way, and it helps prevent spam).

Chattahoochee Div B Invitational wesbite (tentatively December 10th)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
samlan16
Has thanked: 0

Post by samlan16 »

texas wrote:
samlan16 wrote:
Unome wrote: 68 total medals/ribbons over 20 tournaments. 32 more sounds a lot easier with 7 tournaments than with six...
Good luck with 100; I just barely made it to my goal of 75. (3 mediocre seasons never bodes well.)
I only got 7 medals this last season (in my defense, it was my first year in SO, and our coaches randomly assign us events).
7 medals in your first season is AWESOME. Look at my wiki if you want a good laugh.

Also, let's make Georgia 2016 the new Illinois 2014, since that state is broke anyway!
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.
Unome

Post by Unome »

Updates!

Team registration will apparently open by August 8th (don't hold your breath)

Also, the Div A events will be posted 90 years in advance.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by rfscoach »

Registration is OPEN on the http://www.gascioly.org/ page. Once again, there is a two team limit per school for both Division B and Division C.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Unome

Post by Unome »

State website updated with invitationals!

Div C
Rockdale, Oct 22 (16 teams, almost full)
UGA, Nov 5 (30 teams)
Forsyth Central, Nov 12 (probably 30-35 teams)
Brookwood, Jan 14 (probably 50-55 teams)

Div B
FSA, Nov 12 (probably 15-20 teams)
Chattahoochee, Dec 10 (30-40 teams)
Dodgen, Jan 21 (probably ~45 teams)
Userpage

Unome

Post by Unome »

Registration for the 2017 Chattahoochee Invitational (December 10th, 2016) is now open! See this post for more info.
Userpage

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”