Georgia 2016

rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Re: Georgia 2016

Post by rfscoach »

samlan16 wrote:Of all the SO medals I could have worn to graduation, I simply wore the Lance Crimm Award.
Truely, your proudest moment. Congratulations Samlan16!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Unome
Division: Grad

Post by Unome »

So, has anyone heard anything regarding the UGA tournament date? We (Chattahoochee) have more to lose in a conflict with our invitational than they do, so it would be nice to have some idea of when it'll be.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
samlan16
Has thanked: 0

Post by samlan16 »

Unome wrote:So, has anyone heard anything regarding the UGA tournament date? We (Chattahoochee) have more to lose in a conflict with our invitational than they do, so it would be nice to have some idea of when it'll be.
I honestly don't know if they are still even running the tourney- they never sent out EV medals like they promised, plus the whole fiasco caused them embarrassment.
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.
Unome

Post by Unome »

samlan16 wrote:
Unome wrote:So, has anyone heard anything regarding the UGA tournament date? We (Chattahoochee) have more to lose in a conflict with our invitational than they do, so it would be nice to have some idea of when it'll be.
I honestly don't know if they are still even running the tourney- they never sent out EV medals like they promised, plus the whole fiasco caused them embarrassment.
I've heard that they're still running the tourney, but those were vague rumors back in May, so idk. imo any in-state tournament that's not absurdly early coughRockdalecough* is better than not having one at all.

*nothing against them. Too early for us though; no time to figure out how good people are before throwing the newbies straight in.

Edit: If they're actually not running it, that makes my goal of 100 medals/ribbons by the end of next year a lot more difficult; even if I medal in all my events at Forsyth Central, Brookwood, Regionals, and State, and have events every slot, I'd have to get 14 medals between MIT and Nationals (not doing Disease Detectives or a build, so...), whereas if we compete in UGA, I can likely shave 4 or 5 off that number (accounting for schedule conflicts) and make it much more doable (although still sorta ridiculous... but high goals never hurt me, so :P )
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Person
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Person »

Unome wrote:
samlan16 wrote:
I've heard that they're still running the tourney, but those were vague rumors back in May, so idk. imo any in-state tournament that's not absurdly early coughRockdalecough* is better than not having one at all.

*nothing against them. Too early for us though; no time to figure out how good people are before throwing the newbies straight in.

Edit: If they're actually not running it, that makes my goal of 100 medals/ribbons by the end of next year a lot more difficult; even if I medal in all my events at Forsyth Central, Brookwood, Regionals, and State, and have events every slot, I'd have to get 14 medals between MIT and Nationals (not doing Disease Detectives or a build, so...), whereas if we compete in UGA, I can likely shave 4 or 5 off that number (accounting for schedule conflicts) and make it much more doable (although still sorta ridiculous... but high goals never hurt me, so :P )
How many medals do you have?
I am a Person.
♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Unome

Post by Unome »

Person wrote:
Unome wrote:
samlan16 wrote: I honestly don't know if they are still even running the tourney- they never sent out EV medals like they promised, plus the whole fiasco caused them embarrassment.

68 total medals/ribbons over 20 tournaments. 32 more sounds a lot easier with 7 tournaments than with six...
Userpage

samlan16

Post by samlan16 »

Unome wrote:
Person wrote:
Unome wrote: I've heard that they're still running the tourney, but those were vague rumors back in May, so idk. imo any in-state tournament that's not absurdly early coughRockdalecough* is better than not having one at all.

68 total medals/ribbons over 20 tournaments. 32 more sounds a lot easier with 7 tournaments than with six...
Good luck with 100; I just barely made it to my goal of 75. (3 mediocre seasons never bodes well.)
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by rfscoach »

We have nothing to say this summer and, still, no state is going to catch up to our thread length. I am so proud.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
texas
Division: C
State: TX
Been thanked: 0

Post by texas »

samlan16 wrote:
Unome wrote:
Person wrote: How many medals do you have?
Good luck with 100; I just barely made it to my goal of 75. (3 mediocre seasons never bodes well.)
I only got 7 medals this last season (in my defense, it was my first year in SO, and our coaches randomly assign us events).
Tompkins HS Science Olympiad
Unome

Post by Unome »

texas wrote:
samlan16 wrote:
Unome wrote: 68 total medals/ribbons over 20 tournaments. 32 more sounds a lot easier with 7 tournaments than with six...
I only got 7 medals this last season (in my defense, it was my first year in SO, and our coaches randomly assign us events).
I think I got a similar number (don't remember exactly how many). More tournaments really helps, though, as well as doing a lot of events.
rfscoach wrote:We have nothing to say this summer and, still, no state is going to catch up to our thread length. I am so proud.
Still a solid nine pages ahead of Ohio :)

Also, does anyone want to make next year's thread (and will stay around often enough to update it throughout the year as it has been this year and last year) and would like me or samlan to refrain from doing so?
Userpage

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”