Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Washington 2016

Post by bernard »

Washington Science Olympiad 2016!
Discussion for Science Olympians in Washington State! Good luck to all competitors!

General Information:
Visit the state website at www.washingtonscienceolympiad.com!
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/washingtonscienceolympiad!
Register your team with the state organization here!
Registration for some invitational tournaments can be found here!

Invitational Tournaments:
Southwest Region Tournament at Clark College (Div. A) - Nov. 21, 2015
Northwest Region Invitational (Div. B) - TBA
Northwest Region Invitational at Raisbeck Aviation High School (Div. C) - Feb. 06, 2016
Southwest Region Invitational at Camas High School (Div. B) - Dec. 12, 2015
Southwest Region Invitational at Camas High School (Div. C) - Jan. 16, 2016

Regional Tournaments:
Yakima Valley Community College (South Central Region, Div. B) - Feb. 20, 2016
Seattle Central College (Northwest Region, Div. B/C) - Mar. 05, 2016
Highline College (Northwest Region, Div. B/C) - Mar. 12, 2016
Spokane Falls Community College (Eastern Region, Div. B/C) - Mar. 12, 2016
Lower Columbia College (Southwest Region, Div. B/C) - Mar. 12, 2016

State Tournament:
Eastern Washington University - Apr. 16, 2016

LAST UPDATED OCT. 29, 2015. RECENT UPDATES ARE IN BOLD.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
watermydoing14
Division: C
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Washington 2016

Post by watermydoing14 »

Northwest div. C invitational tournament at Aviation HS announced to be February 6, 2016
SW Region B div invite at Camas HS is on December 12, 2015 (online registration is open)
SW Region C div invite at Camas HS is on January 16, 2016 (online registration is open)
2013~Designer Genes~Disease Detectives~Forensics~Remote Sensing
2014~Anatomy~Experimental Design~Mission Possible
2015~Anatomy~Cell Biology~Experimental Design~Mission Possible
2016~Air Trajectory~Anatomy~Cell Biology~Experimental Design~Protein Modeling~Robot Arm~Wright Stuff
Interlake High School
GO SAINTS!
moumantai

Post by moumantai »

watermydoing14 wrote:Northwest div. C invitational tournament at Aviation HS announced to be February 6, 2016
SW Region B div invite at Camas HS is on December 12, 2015 (online registration is open)
SW Region C div invite at Camas HS is on January 16, 2016 (online registration is open)
Hey! Nice job at State.
watermydoing14

Post by watermydoing14 »

moumantai wrote:
watermydoing14 wrote:Northwest div. C invitational tournament at Aviation HS announced to be February 6, 2016
Hey! Nice job at State.
Thanks, you too! Glad to see someone else from Washington finally posting. If there's anyone from Bothell on here, congrats on winning!! I'm totally brain dead right now... I think I've slept 20 hours Sunday and Monday after sleeping < 1 hour on Saturday. Time to study for AP Chem now that scioly is over....
2016~Air Trajectory~Anatomy~Cell Biology~Experimental Design~Protein Modeling~Robot Arm~Wright Stuff
Interlake High School
GO SAINTS!
moumantai

Post by moumantai »

watermydoing14 wrote: Thanks, you too! Glad to see someone else from Washington finally posting. If there's anyone from Bothell on here, congrats on winning!! I'm totally brain dead right now... I think I've slept 20 hours Sunday and Monday after sleeping < 1 hour on Saturday. Time to study for AP Chem now that scioly is over....
Yeah, grats, Bothell! We went to regionals with them and it really showed how they were going to do in state, lol. Things got crazy for Woodinville since one of our best olympians had to leave and things weren't getting picked up. I think our captain did at least three too many events, and I picked one up with days to go. We're all very, very brain-dead.

Also, YES, it's a huge relief to know another WA Olympian is around. I've lurked for a while and eventually joined on the forums.
watermydoing14

Post by watermydoing14 »

moumantai wrote:
watermydoing14 wrote: Thanks, you too! Glad to see someone else from Washington finally posting. If there's anyone from Bothell on here, congrats on winning!! I'm totally brain dead right now... I think I've slept 20 hours Sunday and Monday after sleeping < 1 hour on Saturday. Time to study for AP Chem now that scioly is over....
Yeah, grats, Bothell! We went to regionals with them and it really showed how they were going to do in state, lol. Things got crazy for Woodinville since one of our best olympians had to leave and things weren't getting picked up. I think our captain did at least three too many events, and I picked one up with days to go. We're all very, very brain-dead.

Also, YES, it's a huge relief to know another WA Olympian is around. I've lurked for a while and eventually joined on the forums.
bernard is also a former WA competitor (which I guess I also am now too :(( rip senior year) and current WA event supervisor, and I think there are a couple others but I haven't seen them post very much.
Interlake High School
GO SAINTS!
moumantai

Post by moumantai »

watermydoing14 wrote:
bernard is also a former WA competitor (which I guess I also am now too :(( rip senior year) and current WA event supervisor, and I think there are a couple others but I haven't seen them post very much.
Yeah, me neither. Woo, sophomore year for me. (Our team had 12 juniors, though, so who knows what next year will look like.)
fozendog

Post by fozendog »

Yay Washington is the best
Stanford '19
Camas Science Olympiad Alumnus
Events: Protein Modeling, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

We've beat the post count from last season's thread! Welcome back, fozendog!

Some other current Washingtonians I've found on the forums:
Zioly from Northshore Junior High School
GeorgeOrwell77 from Camas High School

I think we'll need to expand our History table on the Washington Wiki so we can fit Frontier and record their performance at Nationals...
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
-Groundhog-
Division: B

Post by -Groundhog- »

Hey, guys, I'm from Washington too!
"The only people you should get even with are those who have helped you."

2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Crime Busters, Meteorology, Reach for the Stars, Rocks and Minerals, Write It Do It

2016: Crave the Wave, Crime Busters, Meteorology, Picture This, Reach for the Stars

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”