New York 2016

BroNiSciGuy
Division: C
State: NY

Re: New York 2016

Post by BroNiSciGuy »

WLI Regional Div. B Results
(The # after the team name was their team # for the day.)
23 events with your top 21 counting

1. Bro. Joseph Fox Latin Sch 1: 120 pts
2. South Woods 40: 151
3. CP Weber 36: 172
4. Wisdom Lane 7: 178
5. Wisdom Lane 8: 181
6. South Woods 42: 193
7. CP Weber 35: 222
8. Hicksville 19: 230
9. South Woods 41: 247
10. Willets Road 4: 294

Bold are going to States. Good Luck!
Coach, Kellenberg Memorial HS, NY
Regional Site Coordinator, Nassau West, NY
State Event Supervisor, NY
National Event Supervisor, USA
Lampooning
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lampooning »

any other results come in?
c-trast

Post by c-trast »

Prediction: FM, Columbia/WM (could go either way), Syosset/HHHE (same, thinking that HHHE's going to get their act together b/f States), no clue about the rest.

Welp that wasn't a very bold prediction.
'16 Ward Melville

Hydrogeology, Protein Modeling, Remote Sensing (NYS Trial)
Regionals: -/1/3
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by syo_astro »

c-trast wrote:Prediction: FM, Columbia/WM (could go either way), Syosset/HHHE (same, thinking that HHHE's going to get their act together b/f States), no clue about the rest.

Hey, I had no clue about the rest, but I still made a ton of guesses that I know are wrong ;P.

Also, yay my middle school (HBT) did pretty well at WLI regs (11th...ridiculous better compared to how it used to be, it'd be interesting if they actually bothered stacking >.<)! I still find it weird that CP Weber isn't totally flattening the region anymore unlike when I was competing after their coach left :/. Though, iirc they still do pretty darned well at states so eh...guess we'll have to see with that like always.

Lampooning, some other results were posted for B I see on their associated pages at http://newyorkscioly.org/source/Competi ... ionals.php. These include ELI, Lower Hudson (following the links put up, I arrived at http://new.schoolnotes.com/files/lhvsci ... s2016..pdf with Pleasantville and Scarsdale on top), Mid-Hudson, Mid-State. Seems like the only ones that haven't been put up that have already happened were Adirondack and Southern Tier.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Bazinga+ »

c-trast wrote:Prediction: FM, Columbia/WM (could go either way), Syosset/HHHE (same, thinking that HHHE's going to get their act together b/f States), no clue about the rest.

Islip and west babylon actually beat HHHE at our regionals so not sure about them. I'm expecting Islip to do quite well at states since it seems they have a pretty strong team this year.
Innovation =/= success
Lampooning

Post by Lampooning »

Thank-you syo_astro . Looks like Mid-Hudson is very competitive. No school did a sweep of 1's at all.
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by syo_astro »

Lampooning wrote:Thank-you syo_astro . Looks like Mid-Hudson is very competitive. No school did a sweep of 1's at all.
Agh shoot, I made a mistake >.<. Mid-Hudson is on the 12th this weekend, so that's just team numbers I think. Unless you meant Lower Hudson (as opposed to Mid-State or ELI where there was indeed much more sweeping done...).

Also, if Islip does well that would be pretty fun! I guess some new teams have to cycle into the top of the state at some point, they definitely have been doing better in the past few years.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Bazinga+ »

syo_astro wrote:
Lampooning wrote:Thank-you syo_astro . Looks like Mid-Hudson is very competitive. No school did a sweep of 1's at all.
Agh shoot, I made a mistake >.<. Mid-Hudson is on the 12th this weekend, so that's just team numbers I think. Unless you meant Lower Hudson (as opposed to Mid-State or ELI where there was indeed much more sweeping done...).

Also, if Islip does well that would be pretty fun! I guess some new teams have to cycle into the top of the state at some point, they definitely have been doing better in the past few years.
Yep. But gotta love that FM prosperity...
Innovation =/= success
Lampooning

Post by Lampooning »

Yes I mean the Scarsdale contingency-whereever your link took me.. lower hudson, midhudson, its all about hudson. Put cross that river and you are pitched down! And F-M-Yeah all 1's. LOL. They are unbeatable this year at Division B or c.
Lampooning

Post by Lampooning »

But interesting with the other regional the scores were very tight. And, for at least one school the B team bested the a team.

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”