Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2016

Post by Bazinga+ »

fatherhangrid wrote:CHS had some 10th graders good enough to be on their A team this year, and our current B division 9th graders are actually quite good, so I wasn't surprised they did well at states. Even with the seniors graduating, Vlieg has been cultivating a good crop to send up to Prout. Now, the likelihood of us cutting off Gelinas or Eagle Hill this year is... :roll: :| We swept regionals just as well as last year, but not as much as we were hoping.

Now, to B states! Anyone have a list of the teams that have qualified so far? GMS and HVC are all I know right now.
Congrats Guys! I was honestly not expecting Columbia to do so well based on the results from MIT and Yale, but you guys did amazingly. Incredible how your school's robot arm got DQ-ed after getting the full score (should have been 1st) and Columbia still got 1st by 20 points. Good luck at nationals! (2 NY schools in top 10 maybe?)
Innovation =/= success
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

Bazinga+ wrote:
fatherhangrid wrote:CHS had some 10th graders good enough to be on their A team this year, and our current B division 9th graders are actually quite good, so I wasn't surprised they did well at states. Even with the seniors graduating, Vlieg has been cultivating a good crop to send up to Prout. Now, the likelihood of us cutting off Gelinas or Eagle Hill this year is... :roll: :| We swept regionals just as well as last year, but not as much as we were hoping.

Now, to B states! Anyone have a list of the teams that have qualified so far? GMS and HVC are all I know right now.
Congrats Guys! I was honestly not expecting Columbia to do so well based on the results from MIT and Yale, but you guys did amazingly. Incredible how your school's robot arm got DQ-ed after getting the full score (should have been 1st) and Columbia still got 1st by 20 points. Good luck at nationals! (2 NY schools in top 10 maybe?)
Hey just curious, how did their robot get DQed?
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Bazinga+ »

windu34 wrote:
Bazinga+ wrote:

Hey just curious, how did their robot get DQed?
Took too long to set up. They get 3 mins, but they weren''t ready at the 3 min mark and it took them a little over 3 mins. Unfortunate.
Innovation =/= success
Hayate

Post by Hayate »

Good job to everyone who competed today.
Score chart:
http://app.avogadro.ws/ny/statedivisionb/
AmericanAvocet

Post by AmericanAvocet »

Hello Everyone,

I have a question for bottle rocket B at states. I got the gold medal with ten and eleven seconds. However, I heard from other teams that they got eleven seconds per rocket.

IF YOU WERE AT DIV. B NY STATES FOR BOTTLE ROCKET, please post your times, i am trying to find out what happened. Thank you.
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Bazinga+ »

AmericanAvocet wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have a question for bottle rocket B at states. I got the gold medal with ten and eleven seconds. However, I heard from other teams that they got eleven seconds per rocket.

IF YOU WERE AT DIV. B NY STATES FOR BOTTLE ROCKET, please post your times, i am trying to find out what happened. Thank you.
Don't worry, classic rounding up. They probably got like 10.2 and 10.4 and rounded that to 11 sec. Or maybe they got like one or 2 11 second runs in practice but not the competition. A few years back I was going helicopters and got a great time but a bunch of people from another schools said they got a time much better than mine. I was a bit upset, but ended up getting first and it turned out they were trollin me. People do it all the the time hah.
Innovation =/= success
samlan16
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by samlan16 »

Bazinga+ wrote:
AmericanAvocet wrote:Hello Everyone,

Don't worry, classic rounding up. They probably got like 10.2 and 10.4 and rounded that to 11 sec. Or maybe they got like one or 2 11 second runs in practice but not the competition. A few years back I was going helicopters and got a great time but a bunch of people from another schools said they got a time much better than mine. I was a bit upset, but ended up getting first and it turned out they were trollin me. People do it all the the time hah.
Pretty much.
Old fart who sort of did things sort of for some schools.

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”