Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2016

Post by Bazinga+ »

Lampooning wrote:Yes I mean the Scarsdale contingency-whereever your link took me.. lower hudson, midhudson, its all about hudson. Put cross that river and you are pitched down! And F-M-Yeah all 1's. LOL. They are unbeatable this year at Division B or c.
I was actually talking about their performances at states, but they did well at regionals too. Its interesting to note that FM actually did considerably worse at regionals than in other years. Previously they were in the 20-30s and this year they got 50, but that might be because schools in their region are getting better.
Innovation =/= success
Lampooning

Post by Lampooning »

My bad. Missed that entirely. What do you mean by "Yep. But gotta love that FM prosperity..."?
Lampooning

Post by Lampooning »

What was the spread last year in terms of numbers at Mid-State Regionals in terms of points for 2n, 3rd, etc compared to this year?
Bazinga+
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Bazinga+ »

Lampooning wrote:My bad. Missed that entirely. What do you mean by "Yep. But gotta love that FM prosperity..."?
I was referencing how they have been top 2 for more than a decade.
Lampooning wrote:What was the spread last year in terms of numbers at Mid-State Regionals in terms of points for 2n, 3rd, etc compared to this year?
Not sure, all I found were the FM scores. But I know this year they beat second by like 50-60 pts.
Innovation =/= success
JasperKota
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by JasperKota »

For division B in the Lake Erie-Niagara region St. Greg's, Transit, and Nichols is going to states.
2020 Events: Fossils, Gravity Vehicle, Wright Stuff, Ping Pong Parachute
2019 Events: Fossils, Mousetrap Vehicle, Wright Stuff
2018 Events: Helicopters, Mousetrap Vehicle, Parasitology, WIDI
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Wright Stuff
2016 Events: Crave the Wave, Dynamic Planet, Invasives
Lampooning

Post by Lampooning »

"I was referencing how they have been top 2 for more than a decade. "

True. Consistently excellent.
Lampooning

Post by Lampooning »

Is everyone ready for States? is excitement building?
cpweber

Post by cpweber »

syo_astro wrote:
c-trast wrote:Prediction: FM, Columbia/WM (could go either way), Syosset/HHHE (same, thinking that HHHE's going to get their act together b/f States), no clue about the rest.

Welp that wasn't a very bold prediction.
Hey, I had no clue about the rest, but I still made a ton of guesses that I know are wrong ;P.

Also, yay my middle school (HBT) did pretty well at WLI regs (11th...ridiculous better compared to how it used to be, it'd be interesting if they actually bothered stacking >.<)! I still find it weird that CP Weber isn't totally flattening the region anymore unlike when I was competing after their coach left :/. Though, iirc they still do pretty darned well at states so eh...guess we'll have to see with that like always.

Lampooning, some other results were posted for B I see on their associated pages at http://newyorkscioly.org/source/Competi ... ionals.php. These include ELI, Lower Hudson (following the links put up, I arrived at http://new.schoolnotes.com/files/lhvsci ... s2016..pdf with Pleasantville and Scarsdale on top), Mid-Hudson, Mid-State. Seems like the only ones that haven't been put up that have already happened were Adirondack and Southern Tier.
an ex-weber member here- a few reasons why the team isn't performing as well:
1. our coach actually left this year (he retired from teaching a few years ago, but continued to coach) as well as our only assistant coach.
2. there were 5 9th graders on the team last year who all graduated to C.
3. all 5 8th graders from last year decided it wasn't worth it to do the middle school team because the new coaches were so clueless that they went straight to division C
4. basically, only 3 people from team a last year are still on the team
5. instead of organizing the teams by skill, the coaches decided to create "two equal teams to maximize fairness". so expect the combined team to do better at states, but not by much.

so yeah : )
Regionals- 1st- 44
States- 3rd- 168 :(
Nationals- lol no

CP Weber Team Page
Morituri te salutant
Sharknadooooo
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Lampooning wrote:Is everyone ready for States? is excitement building?
I plan to be watching the livestream (by the way, where is the livestream? I can't find it anywhere)
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Flavorflav
Division: Grad

Post by Flavorflav »

Jeez, just took a look at the the MidHudson scores. Mount Academy promises to be fierce this year. Their builds have been awesome for a while, but their testing events always held them back - they have no AP classes at all. Looks like they fixed that, though. Small region and not that competitive besides Spackenkill, but still, I'm a little worried.

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”