sciolylover13
Division: B
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Alabama 2016

Post by sciolylover13 »

rfscoach wrote:
sciolylover13 wrote: I didn't know there was an OLV in Georgia....
I meant the OLV in Alabama, Our Lady of the Valley...
I just checked the Alabama Our Lady of the Valley website and they are competing at Chattahoochee on Saturday. (The Georgia OLV is Our Lady of Victory)

Ok, thanks!! :D
2015-2016 events:Chattahoochee/Dodgen/Regionals/State/Nats?
Anatomy and Physiology: 4/////
Green Generation: 6/////
Air Trajectory: NA/////
Crime Busters: 2/////
ptabraham_nerd01
Division: C

Post by ptabraham_nerd01 »

Hello. I'm from Alabama. Never really post on Scioly. Going to Friendship Christian Invitational this week...
2019 Interests: Anatomy, Disease Detectives, Fossils, Experimental Design, Geologic Mapping, Designer Genes
Anatomy/Disease/Experimental/Fossils/Circuit Lab:
MIT: 12/25/13/22
Regionals: 1/1/x/x/1
State: 1/1/2/1/x
Nationals:
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

ptabraham_nerd01 wrote:Hello. I'm from Alabama. Never really post on Scioly. Going to Friendship Christian Invitational this week...
Nice to see AL getting some attention (btw you should post more). Also, congratulations on the Nationals medal!
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
ptabraham_nerd01

Figured out that I am doing Road Scholar and Anatomy by myself for Friendship --> probably not going to place in Road or Anatomy now... :(
2019 Interests: Anatomy, Disease Detectives, Fossils, Experimental Design, Geologic Mapping, Designer Genes
Nationals:
Unome

Post by Unome »

ptabraham_nerd01 wrote:Figured out that I am doing Road Scholar and Anatomy by myself for Friendship --> probably not going to place in Road or Anatomy now... :(
You can do it; there's (probably) places to 6th and (as far as I know) 3 regional powerhouses attending (I don't really have much info on this tournament).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
ptabraham_nerd01

Auburn will have a team at Brookwood Invitational (Division C). I wonder who else is going...
Nationals:
Unome

Post by Unome »

ptabraham_nerd01 wrote:Auburn will have a team at Brookwood Invitational (Division C). I wonder who else is going...
I wonder too, but I don't have a team list. I'm guessing Brookwood, GSMST, Chattahoochee (that's me), Northview, Parkview, & Milton will be the main competition from Georgia (although you'll probably beat most of them).
Userpage

foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics »

Unome wrote:
ptabraham_nerd01 wrote:Auburn will have a team at Brookwood Invitational (Division C). I wonder who else is going...
I wonder too, but I don't have a team list. I'm guessing Brookwood, GSMST, Chattahoochee (that's me), Northview, Parkview, & Milton will be the main competition from Georgia (although you'll probably beat most of them).
Would not bank on Auburn's C team. I'll probably try to make Brookwood, if my schedule doesn't kill me first.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
Unome

Post by Unome »

foreverphysics wrote:
Unome wrote:
Would not bank on Auburn's C team. I'll probably try to make Brookwood, if my schedule doesn't kill me first.
Have they gotten significantly worse from last year? 30th at Nationals is probably good enough to match Brookwood, GSMST, and Chattahoochee.
Userpage

foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics »

It's not so much that the team is worse as that Auburn's C team is always a struggle bus; people are just so much busier with AP and IB, and it's not quite as glorious as B. We're always about half-baked for Regionals, a tiny bit more prepared for States, and then Nats is pretty much a vacation. Some of it is because Alabama really just isn't all that competitive, but quite a bit of it is also that Auburn's C team just doesn't have the resources and organisation of their B teams. It's often a struggle to even get fifteen people on the team; last year, I think we had thirteen or fourteen actual members.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"

Return to “2016 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”